Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Yo, so...

If Thor's last battle sent the Worls Serpent back in time, do you think that would happen to Kratos? I mean, he is bad ass, but I don't see him winning against Thor as he is now.

You think Kratos would have to be sent back in time to meet a younger, more stronger version of himself to beat Thor? Only to come back to Atreus who doesn't like his new dad, lol?

If Kratos can take out Zeus, than he can destroy Thor. According to mythology power levels, Zeus is probably the strongest GOD on the western hemisphere.

I think Kratos will "die" but he will be sent back to the past to correct the future. That final panel foreshadows something with The World Serpent going into Krato's mouth. I see that as Kratos going back in time. It wouldn't surprise me if Krato's is Tyr. I think Faye might have been a time traveler since she seems to know what will happen in the future.

In terms of the panels where we see Tyr and symbol of War in every mythology, I look at this like "Tyr" is/will be the God of War in Egypt and Japan in the future. I can also see him traveling to Greece in the next game to pick up a weapon and bring back some Spartan wine.

Last edited:

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for this.

I got the pop up for "now you can explore the world and fight valkyries" etc and I had finished all of it during the main plot. Put it down until I saw this comment and would have totally missed that part.

You are welcome! It was amazing right?! I'm still thinking about it. I wonder how many other people missed this teaser

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol why was this little thing so cute

cute1z3qwi.png

cute2isrux.png

Didn't matter how long I stood around waiting for it to attack, it never did. It also looks different from Tatzelwurms. If killed, it drops 6 World Serpent Scales, 2 Solid Svartalfheim, 1 Inscribed Sign of Menace, 3373 Hacksilver, and a bunch of health. I don't remember it from my first play through.

That's like saying the real ending of any given Marvel movie is one of Thanos's dumb menacing close ups
Not really. The credits don't even finish rolling until you go back home and see that cutscene, but I think you knew that...right?

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I8p1ZEn.gif

Slightly choppy on the camera on the first one, but I like it.

qqAGFrm.gif

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's a stinger/teaser. Do you realize how many of these are mid way through any given super hero movie's credits? It's no different from Thanos fondling one of his Infinity balls and saying "In 5 more movies my plan shall be complete!"

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
What is the music that plays during the timed elevator part at the Thamur level (where you go to get the chisel)? This entire fight gave me goosebumps...

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
If Kratos can take out Zeus, than he can destroy Thor. According to mythology power levels, Zeus is probably the strongest GOD on the western hemisphere.

I think Kratos will "die" but he will be sent back to the past to correct the future. That final panel foreshadows something with The World Serpent going into Krato's mouth. I see that as Kratos going back in time. It wouldn't surprise me if Krato's is Tyr. I think Faye might have been a time traveler since she seems to know what will happen in the future.

In terms of the panels where we see Tyr and symbol of War in every mythology, I look at this like "Tyr" is/will be the God of War in Egypt and Japan in the future. I can also see him traveling to Greece in the next game to pick up a weapon and bring back some Spartan wine.
Younger Kratos killed Zeus. Not this old Kratos who barely beat Baldur. In the secret ending he is even older! So no, I don't think he can beat Thor as he is now.

Everything you said, sounds cool.. but that Thor that showed up at his door step, he ain't ready for that.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Younger Kratos killed Zeus. Not this old Kratos who barely beat Baldur. In the secret ending he is even older! So no, I don't think he can beat Thor as he is now.

Everything you said, sounds cool.. but that Thor that showed up at his door step, he ain't ready for that.

I don't think age affects a gods power. I chalk it up mostly due to Kratos being rusty and not fighting for hundreds of years, and Kratos easily wrecked Baldur multiple times in the game. If Baldur never had that curse, he would have been killed by a depowered Kratos with no skills and moves at the beginning of the game.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
The Norse gods have such good designs, much more than in previous games (which had some awful ones, like fucking Hades). Magni is so fucking cool, and so is Baldur. Really like the whole tribal tattoed look they have going, I'm curious to see how Odin looks like in future games, hopefully he's just not an old wise-looking man.

Also, Atreus as an adult now that we know he's Loki. Not that I imagined him as that before, but I seriously can't picture him being as burly (or close) as his father.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think age affects a gods power. I chalk it up mostly due to Kratos being rusty and not fighting for hundreds of years, and Kratos easily wrecked Baldur multiple times in the game. If Baldur never had that curse, he would have been killed by a depowered Kratos with no skills and moves at the beginning of the game.
Yeah I'm convinced he had battle rust in the first fight. With him trying to live a normal mortal life all this time, it had been too long.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Besides rust I don't think Kratos is as strong as he was cause he's trying to not let his rage control him, he's constantly holding back. Younger Kratos was essentially in Spartan rage 24/7, a killing machine who never tired. Kratos is the Hulk and right now he's trying to be Banner.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017

Didn't matter how long I stood around waiting for it to attack, it never did. It also looks different from Tatzelwurms. If killed, it drops 6 World Serpent Scales, 2 Solid Svartalfheim, 1 Inscribed Sign of Menace, 3373 Hacksilver, and a bunch of health. I don't remember it from my first play through.

Not really. The credits don't even finish rolling until you go back home and see that cutscene, but I think you knew that...right?

I saw it on my second playthrough as well, not noticing it the first time. I couldn't bring myself to kill it though. Just a cute baby monster.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So someone know if there is a deeper meaning why the name of he axe is Leviathan?

Leviathan has absolutely nothing to do with Nordic mythology as far as I know

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017

I only ran into one. It's like a crystal lizard from the Souls games. Wonder if there's more

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw it on my second playthrough as well, not noticing it the first time. I couldn't bring myself to kill it though. Just a cute baby monster.
I have another save file where I kept it alive lol! I was just curious what it would drop since sometimes hitting it didn't even work. It dropping so many resources was kinda funny.

I only ran into one. It's like a crystal lizard from the Souls games. Wonder if there's more
I'm curious about this too.

Last edited:

spiderferi

Apr 15, 2018
Tehran, Iran
There is something I don't understand tho. Didn't Kratos was deprived of his godly powers in GoW2 and became a mortal again? How come he is still a god? Plus, are Norse gods immortal like the Greek ones (they only died because of sth Kratos had I don't know what was that tho.)?

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Nah man, dudes old as shit.. and you can't take anything away from Baldur, if that's his power, that's his power. Younger Kratos would've finished dude no problem, but he had troubles with him. And he had Atreus too!

I love Kratos but I also love that he has a challenge. He'll face him eventually, but I don't think it'll be easy.

Oct 26, 2017

I was wondering about Faye also, but Mimir mentioned after the game in a random conversation that many giants have the gift of foresight, which was another reason Odin feared them.

thatcatfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Need some help: Do any of the Ancients in the world respawn? I've killed the 6 main Ancients, but for some reason I'm short 1 ancient rubble away from completing the Ancient Armor set. I need 8 pieces of rubble but for some reason have only 7. Any ancients out there I can find or is their some other way to obtain it. BTW I've killed an Ancient in Muspleheim but he gave me nothing.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I have another save file where I kept it alive lol! I was just curious what it would drop since sometimes hitting it didn't even work. It dropping so many resources was kinda funny.

I'm curious about this too.

Fair enough, that is a substantial amount of resources. I honestly didn't think it was killable.

I put the aiming reticule on it and it didn't change anything. I was waiting for Atreus to make some sort of comment, or something to happen.

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
Thanks for the reply. I think that one that spawns enemies must have been the first one I tried while completing the campaign. Ironically I got pretty close with her but gave up to move on with the campaign. This one earlier today I just could not get a groove down. I have read some pointers (including parrying which I did not even try once), so going to give them another go in a bit. I think I just have not tried / studied hard enough. We will see though. I may just suck.

Use light arrows to weaken Valks. Imo Tempest and River of Knives is probably the best runes to use along with Wolf summons. Forget the names for CB but the first rune with the shield bash and heavy is the one where he shoots a fire shockwave.

Also rage talisman is op for all Valks except Sigrun.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
There is something I don't understand tho. Didn't Kratos was deprived of his godly powers in GoW2 and became a mortal again? How come he is still a god? Plus, are Norse gods immortal like the Greek ones (they only died because of sth Kratos had I don't know what was that tho.)?

If I remember correctly, he gains his god powers back after the SoF battle in GoW 2. I think Mimir said that gods can't die of old age.

Ghostmaster

Oct 25, 2017
Need some help: Do any of the Ancients in the world respawn? I've killed the 6 main Ancients, but for some reason I'm short 1 ancient rubble away from completing the Ancient Armor set. I need 8 pieces of rubble but for some reason have only 7. Any ancients out there I can find or is their some other way to obtain it. BTW I've killed an Ancient in Muspleheim but he gave me nothing.
I think it's possible that some ancients might spawn on one of the islands around the main hub. Also there is a chance that an Ancient spawns in Niflheim as well in the upper most area, but I am not sure if it gives out materials if the Muspelhiem one doesn't.( I guess it should?)

thatcatfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I think it's possible that some ancients might spawn on one of the islands around the main hub. Also there is a chance that an Ancient spawns in Niflheim as well in the upper most area, but I am not sure if it gives out materials if the Muspelhiem one doesn't.( I guess it should?)

I'll go searching again. I also went to Niflheim but trying to get an ancient to spawn ain't easy. This is my last trophy for a plat. smh.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They don't, but it seems pretty apparent you can just take a boat. Midgard is Earth, and you find a treasure of the boat captain that got eaten by the hydra in the first God of War. I also could be mistaken but I think it's implied Mimir is from the British isles.
So where exactly was Greece than? Another question I have is, all of the Draugr That were appearing and high waters, were they because of Kratos doing in Greece? Or because of Odin's Antics?

Oct 26, 2017
They don't, but it seems pretty apparent you can just take a boat. Midgard is Earth, and you find a treasure of the boat captain that got eaten by the hydra in the first God of War. I also could be mistaken but I think it's implied Mimir is from the British isles.
Word. He was from an island to the south, used to go by another name, used to serve a fairy king, and I can't remember other clue he gave. Others here said he fits all the criteria for Mimir to be Puck.

So where exactly was Greece than? Another question I have is, all of the Draugr That were appearing and high waters, were they because of Kratos doing in Greece? Or because of Odin's Antics?
I think this God of War takes place quite a while after the last ones, so I'm guessing it doesn't have to do with Greece.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Word. He was from an island to the south, used to go by another name, used to serve a fairy king, and I can't remember other clue he gave. Others here said he fits all the criteria for Mimir to be Puck.

I think this God of War takes place quite a while after the last ones, so I'm guessing it doesn't have to do with Greece.
Ah so this one takes place hundreds of years after.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Greece is just in Greece. My interpretation is that each real world place is ruled by the rules of their Gods, so maybe the flood only happened in Greece. Kind of like how in Dragon Ball if you die in Planet Vegeta nothing happens, but if you die on Earth you go to Earth's hell I guess.

The flooding being from Kratos in Greece is a really cool idea! It would make sense for the timing considering the boat captain's treasure too. Based on a scroll from the Mountain that mentions how Odin wanted to destroy Tyr's temple but then didn't have to worry about it anymore after the flooding, my theory is that the appearance of the World Serpent, sent back through time, is what caused everything.

My main theory right now is we're in a post-Ragnorok alternate timeline, which is now accelerated because the snake appeared before it should have.

Oh yes dude, and that's why he has the horns too probably! Didn't someone say one of the symbols in one of the Tyr paintings was Celtic or something?

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking about Mimir... Why do they made him some foreigner after all? He was part of north myth and either giant or Aesir after all.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I doubt he'll be able to kill him in their first fight, obviously, but Kratos can definitely take on Thor. Faye made sure of that. The Leviathan's been imbued with Eitr, the very poison that's going to kill Thor at Ragnarök.

I really love that the game set this up so early, and went so far as to have a message saying "Eitr imbued" pop up after Jörmungandr spits the axe out.

I imagine their first fight will end with Thor poisoned and escaping. Or something like that.

Oct 31, 2017
This is one of my favorite parts of the game:

1. Defeat Queen of the Valkyries.
  2. Light all brazers.
  3. Receive enhancement that will reduce damage from valkyries.
  4. Hear Atreus say, "We probably could have used that when fighting the Valkyrie Queen."

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt he'll be able to kill him in their first fight, obviously, but Kratos can definitely take on Thor. Faye made sure of that. The Leviathan's been imbued with Eitr, the very poison that's going to kill Thor at Ragnarök.

I really love that the game set this up so early, and went so far as to have a message saying "Eitr imbued" pop up after Jörmungandr spits the axe out.

I imagine their first fight will end with Thor poisoned and escaping. Or something like that.
Wow, I remember that pop up when it happened but I didn't understand its significance till now, the dev's are really sneaky.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017

LOL Kratos will destroy Thor,I am already in mourning,Baldur had that curse and that's is why he give some trouble,Thor will be no match,the big boy is Odin.
Edit:Kratos was not older.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
LOL Kratos will destroy Thor,I am already in mourning,Baldur had that curse and that's is why he give some trouble,Thor will be no match,the big boy is Odin.

I want the whole next game to be playing as Thor, then have the third game be about Kratos and Thor being bros to go stop Odin.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Ok, I just wanna say I think Kratos can beat the hulk, if you ask me.. but I think it's more of me wanting him to have a challenge. Kratos can beat him, but I don't think he'll roll over him. I think, no, it should be a great fight... I want kratos near death. Makes for a better story imo.

Lt.Chips

Nov 4, 2017

Yup, and when Kratos dies, he ALWAYS finds his way out of hell and becomes even stronger than before. Thor may "kill" Kratos and he gets sent to Helheim at the beginning of the next game - but watch him kill everything there and ride the huge ass bird straight to Asgard. RIP Thor & Odin.

May 10, 2018
So I just beat the game and my first response was...... that's it?!?!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the game, but I was expecting a good amount of main story left.

I'm talking Asgard, possibly Vanaheim with its connection to Freya. A boss fight with Thor and Odin as well.

When the credits started rolling after you spread the ashes, I was definitely caught off guard.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, I remember that pop up when it happened but I didn't understand its significance till now, the dev's are really sneaky.
Yup! They've laid out so many hints, not just for this game but for the sequels as well. It's really fun finding out about them.

It makes me wonder how things will go then. Kratos really seems to have messed up the timeline somehow and now with this, it's almost a certainty that he'll kill Thor in the sequel, This will prevent Thor from reaching Ragnarök, just like his sons.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the game, but I was expecting a good amount of main story left.

I'm talking Asgard, possibly Vanaheim with its connection to Freya. A boss fight with Thor and Odin as well.

When the credits started rolling after you spread the ashes, I was definitely caught off guard.
They weren't gonna blow their wad on the first game!

Kratos gets killed by Thor and gets carried up to Asgard where an undefended Odin sits.

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I agree that coming off the previous games, especially God of War III, this game was less eventful. But I feel like it was very much intentional. There's a shift in tone, it's a somewhat reset for the series in many ways - so they want a chance to build up to those heights in their own way again in the next few games.

thatcatfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago

keep playing.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I just wanna say I think Kratos can beat the hulk, if you ask me.. but I think it's more of me wanting him to have a challenge. Kratos can beat him, but I don't think he'll roll over him. I think, no, it should be a great fight... I want kratos near death. Makes for a better story imo.
Of course all of us are expecting an epic boss battle,just first the encounter between them will be remarkable,if Baldur face to face with Kratos was so good,so intense,I can't even imagine Thor face to face with Kratos,will be incredibly,and I don't expect a fast fight and only one match.Man,I can't wait,I hope Santa Monica not spoil this moment in a trailer or promo.