• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Designer_Fake

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I was merely stating my opinion that this is a major problem of this forum.

And I was stating my opinion that if you have a problem with someone asking if there might be a chance of a game coming out on a different console than the ones it was already released on, a gaming forum might not be the place for you.
If you like it or not, a lot of people prefer playing games on the their Switch. There's nothing wrong with that. And he wasn't even port begging or anything, he was simply asking if there was any indication that Spyro might be released on the Switch as well. But for some reason you took this simple question and completely blew it out of proportion.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-game-is-not-for-you-as-a-shield-to-criticism.82913/

This is the problem with this forum and it relates to your response too. Just a lazy self defensive reply.

I was merely stating my opinion that this is a major problem of this forum.

The fact of it being a dragonfly or a hand isn't the point. Doesn't matter. That's not gonna help. I was trying to find some assistance to the issue I had. But thanks for the input.

This place is way too much like the old place again. It started off ok but now? Whats the point of even posting anymore when you get responses like this.
As opposed to your inane posts about how hard it is for you to see people who own Switch being interested in info about possible (or in Spyro's case, pretty much officially confirmed) ports? Like, if this thread didn't have 3 posts that were asking questions like "has a Switch port been announced?", this forum's quality would be so much better that a high quality poster like yourself could grace us with more of your wisdom?

You act so very judgmental about others and yet when people comment on your "opinions", you go all "woe am me, I'm a victim of online harassment" when people call you out on your BS. You are allowed to have opinions but if you bring them forth (especially if it's something as dumb as "people wanting Switch ports is ruining this place"), people are allowed to discuss your opinions.

Oct 26, 2017
Played a little on X, looks great but you can absolutely see that this isn't native 4K after coming back from Crash for example. It's a shame they didn't do this for X.

Have they said why a subtitles option isn't in there?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played a little on X, looks great but you can absolutely see that this isn't native 4K after coming back from Crash for example. It's a shame they didn't do this for X.

Have they said why a subtitles option isn't in there?

Yes. But I'm not going to even bother posting what they said, it doesn't even merit that much respect. Absolute drivel basically.

Edit: beaten.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Played the first one for about three hours last night and I'm in awe of how well the game aged. Some design aspects are clearly from a different time but it's still a genuine blast to play and as charming as ever. Toys For Bob did a wonderful job!

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And I was stating my opinion that if you have a problem with someone asking if there might be a chance of a game coming out on a different console than the ones it was already released on, a gaming forum might not be the place for you.
If you like it or not, a lot of people prefer playing games on the their Switch. There's nothing wrong with that. And he wasn't even port begging or anything, he was simply asking if there was any indication that Spyro might be released on the Switch as well. But for some reason you took this simple question and completely blew it out of proportion.

I saw the same got punished when a ps 4 player did the same, so it's seems it's okay if it's the other way around.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, fuck that Bug Control trophy in Spyro 2. Two hours to get that thing because it's glitched and appears to be completely random in terms of when it wants to pop.

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Completed all three games!

Overall, really good remakes we've got here. There are some issues i never managed to get comfortable with like the camera being too close to Spyro (and ESPECIALLY Bently, god) and the flying controls being, uh, loose i guess? It made the flying levels/races much harder than they normally are. The games are gorgeous, so bright and charming; if only there were more games with this amount of colour!

Some of the minigames were made easier like the turtle soup one and those electric-ball thieves (which was just tedious in the original), so i appreciate that! Some were janky af though, like that slide in Haunted Tombs, i must've lost ~10 lives before i figured out you have to smush Spyro's face against the guardrail to slow down. That can't be the intended way?

I encountered a few bugs but they were mostly harmless, like climbing up an invisible ladder and the rynoc in the cat hockey minigame got stuck out of bounds, so that was easy lol. I have to say though, that Moneybags is absolutely fantastic! I love his VA, design and his animations. I think the remake has firmly supplanted the original for me, but i'll still probably play the original GtG/YotD more just because a lot of the charm was removed in the remakes.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Can I just say that mission where you gotta squash the mushrooms as the kangaroo character was probably the most infuriating due to being extremely trial & error with no way of knowing which direction the firefly thing will go.

Sure, the alchemist one is also bad with this, but at least you can be quick by charging & don't have to jump. Plus you don't have to do it TWICE.

Designer_Fake

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, fuck that Bug Control trophy in Spyro 2. Two hours to get that thing because it's glitched and appears to be completely random in terms of when it wants to pop.

It's not, it's just not made clear that it has to be done on the first try, meaning that you can't just land and wait for the bugs to respawn, you have to kill yourself and start the quest again for it to register. Good thing though is that you can fly however many rounds you want, as long as you keep the power-up going and don't touch the ground.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeti Boxing wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be, only took me three tries. I just did a combination of the square and x button attacks for the fight and that did it. I even got the skill point.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Can I just say that mission where you gotta squash the mushrooms as the kangaroo character was probably the most infuriating due to being extremely trial & error with no way of knowing which direction the firefly thing will go.

Sure, the alchemist one is also bad with this, but at least you can be quick by charging & don't have to jump. Plus you don't have to do it TWICE.
The worst offender in that minigame is that the mushrooms pop up after a while, so you have to calculate the exact time in which the insects move, otherwise you have to repeate the whole sequence.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
The worst offender in that minigame is that the mushrooms pop up after a while, so you have to calculate the exact time in which the insects move, otherwise you have to repeate the whole sequence.
Seriously. Even worse is when it decides to pop up RIGHT as they're bouncing along, but you can't get it down in time & gotta repeat the entire thing again. You get SOME idea due to the stone path, but it only helps so much, especially when they decide to just roam around & go backwards down the path.

At least the rocks don't return, because if you had to deal with both that AND the mushrooms, uuuggghhhhh

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeti boxing was incredibly easy once you nailed the rhythm and figured out the best tactic. Blocking is completely useless, you just needed to get into a cycle of high jabs and low jabs. When the enemy starts blocking high ones, hit the block once (but no more than once), which makes him keep his high block, and then just switch to low ones for a jab or two and then the enemy lowers his high block and you hit high again until it lifts its hands. Just make sure not to hit his blocks more than once because if you hit twice to a block, there's a chance the opponent might have time to hit back.

Anyhoo, got Platinum and 117% for Year of the Dragon and with that I'm done with this collection (what is this full completion percentage, though?! D: feels so incomplete)

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Seriously. Even worse is when it decides to pop up RIGHT as they're bouncing along, but you can't get it down in time & gotta repeat the entire thing again. You get SOME idea due to the stone path, but it only helps so much, especially when they decide to just roam around & go backwards down the path.

At least the rocks don't return, because if you had to deal with both that AND the mushrooms, uuuggghhhhh
This was driving me crazy until I realised you don't need to get on top of the mushrooms to stomp them, you can just jump against the stalk and stomp that. Once I did that it was easy since their route doesn't change so you'll know which ones to flatten next.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Summer Forest
http:///HDZc.png

Glimmer
http:///IDZc.png

Colossus
http:///JDZc.png

Idol Springs
http:///KDZc.png

Hurricos
http:///NDZc.png

Sunny Beach
http:///ODZc.png

Aquaria Towers
http:///PDZc.png

Ocean Speedway
http:///QDZc.png

Crush's Dungeon
http:///TDZc.png

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got all 3 plats. The Spyro 3 remak was clearly a bit rushed but it was still good. I can't get over the removal of the cat wizard screams though.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the first game on the X and felt right at home from the start. Took me back even though I still play the originals from time to time. Took me around 5 1/2 hours to reach 120%. I still remembered where most things were. The motion blur is certainly strong, the frame rate stutters quite frequently, and the changes to the Gnorc Commandos were completely unnecessary in my opinion. Also, I'm a little baffled that the camera is still stuck in 1998. But, overall, I thought it was fantastic. I appreciate some of the new QoL features/changes, too.

Looking forward to 2 since that was always my favorite. I used to play it religiously when I was a kid.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't know how that one was challenging. Both fireflies follow a set path so you can predict and hop to the mushrooms that they're gonna head towards and pound them with enough time for the dude to cross it.

The rhynoc skateboarding challenge though... fuck that shit

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
I honestly don't know how that one was challenging. Both fireflies follow a set path so you can predict and hop to the mushrooms that they're gonna head towards and pound them with enough time for the dude to cross it.

The rhynoc skateboarding challenge though... fuck that shit
The one in the pirate cove? Simply do a trick in thr final jump and try to adjust some jumps or cut some corners. Done in the second try. The one post game though... That is more challenging.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh...are you supposed to have 702/700 gems in Dino Mines? I can't remember if that's supposed to happen or if it's a glitch.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glitch. Ended the game with exactly 15,000 gems. No extras in any world.
Huh, weird then. I've played Spyro 3 many times and that has never happened to me until now.

Either way, only have a few trophies left for the third game until I have the platinum, just the speedway and Sparx level trophies remaining.

I'm surprised there's no trophy with the Super Bonus Round.

Last edited:

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
The load times are unacceptable, traveling between worlds or dying shouldn't be talking too long to load. Other than that the games have been enjoyable so far. They are reminding why i liked the series in the first place...Collecting the gems along with the dragon statues/orbs/ dragon eggs are alot of fun and are an example of collectibles done right in the platforming genre. I especially like finding the eggs in Year of the dragon. The baby dragons are so charming and I've chuckled at some of their names.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
After the inescapable purity of the first Spyro, Ripto's Rage is already annoying me haha. Every character has something to say, and there are parts of levels you can't complete without abilities that you may not have gotten yet. Spyro 1 was this perfect thing. The game had almost no tutorials, it didn't teach you anything, while Ripto is telling me how to jump and glide haha. I also loved knowing that each level in Spyro 1 was fully completable, I just needed to figure out how.

Still enjoying Ripto, but it's definitely missing a bit of the purity I loved so much about the original.

Question: If Spyro 1 took me just under 8 hours to 120%, how long will Ripto take? It seems like it could be a bigger game.

Unlovedjew

Oct 26, 2017
Perhaps 9 hours? My playthroughs seemed to be 6 hours for Spyro 1, 7ish for 2, & then just about 8 for 3. Each one seems to add an additional hour or content.
Same here, barring some annoying little side missions that may get you stumped or forgetting to click in the stick to see where the last gems are in levels like me

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I want to say overall, you're probably gonna be looking at 22-24 hours to 100% the entire trilogy if you remember to use Sparx's L3 ability & know how to deal with some of the mini-games in 2 & 3. It took me waaaay too many attempts to win the hoverboard mini-game in 3, yet only like 3 tries when you do the super bonus round race.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After the inescapable purity of the first Spyro, Ripto's Rage is already annoying me haha. Every character has something to say, and there are parts of levels you can't complete without abilities that you may not have gotten yet. Spyro 1 was this perfect thing. The game had almost no tutorials, it didn't teach you anything, while Ripto is telling me how to jump and glide haha. I also loved knowing that each level in Spyro 1 was fully completable, I just needed to figure out how.

Still enjoying Ripto, but it's definitely missing a bit of the purity I loved so much about the original.

Question: If Spyro 1 took me just under 8 hours to 120%, how long will Ripto take? It seems like it could be a bigger game.
There's only about four levels I can think of that you need to backtrack to in Spyro 2 due to lacking abilities. Spyro 3 is about the same, but with the additional characters you unlock in each world.

One huge tip: Don't complete the Alchemist mission in Spyro 2 in Fracture Hills until you unlock headbash. If you exit the level and come back, you'll need to complete that mission AGAIN to get the second Orb afterward which requires headbash.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
There's only about four levels I can think of that you need to backtrack to in Spyro 2 due to lacking abilities. Spyro 3 is about the same, but with the additional characters you unlock in each world.

One huge tip: Don't complete the Alchemist mission in Spyro 2 in Fracture Hills until you unlock headbash. If you exit the level and come back, you'll need to complete that mission AGAIN to get the second Orb afterward which requires headbash.
Thanks for the tip, I'll remember that!

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I made sure to remember that this time around while playing through 2.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Spyro 1 is done with the Platinum. Onwards to Spyro 2 now.

Also, anyone encountering money bags, make sure you reject buying from him when you encounter him, espicially in 3, he's got some really amusing dialogue if you do so.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Massive warning for Xbox players, I just booted up the game from fresh today, usually I just resume the console from sleep. All my Spyro 3 progress has been wiped back to the first world. Absolutely gutted and won't be playing any more of 3 now until there's evidence this bug has been fixed.

EDIT: Just raised a ticket with Activision support, I will feed back if they give me any info as to whether this is a known issue.

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Massive warning for Xbox players, I just booted up the game from fresh today, usually I just resume the console from sleep. All my Spyro 3 progress has been wiped back to the first world. Absolutely gutted and won't be playing any more of 3 now until there's evidence this bug has been fixed.

EDIT: Just raised a ticket with Activision support, I will feed back if they give me any info as to whether this is a known issue.
yeesh. I'm on xbox, that's terrifying. I've been waking up my console too, will try to make sure i keep doing so. doesn't xbox live have cloud saves?

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

There's been a few complete save-file wipe glitches being reported, too. It's a shame.

I had the game crash right as I was entering the cutscene with Bianca in Midnight Mountain... and thankfully the game kept the save right before it and just replayed the scene as normal.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017

It's not a bug, it's a reference to the copy protection system on ps1.
I hope this is getting fixed soon.