• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I was the 3rd vote on the Launch train, HP, Blarg, Anex all voted behind me. Ephi switched votes three times for no reason at EoD, jman only went off of malus when Launch was in danger, ATP went HP -> no vote -> HP, malus randomly went to LP which was a train with no momentum and Yuta randomly switched to Blarg when there was no more momentum on Town Sneeks yet I'm getting the shit for voting for Launch? If you guys had really wanted to vote out HP then maybe everyone shouldn't have randomly been moving ten minutes before EoD and voting earlier on HP.

Try to do some real investigate work besides trying to blame me for Launch getting launched.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like how the Launch train came out of nowhere when he had barely been on anyone's vote lists on the day phase.
This is a wait and see situation now, it's not like I'm locked on you being scum or anything, it's just what has stood out more so far. It's D1 and there's still more to see from other players.

Skimmed through the last pages quickly to catch up, probably missed a lot. Lynching either HP or Launch is fine by me, but as i feel the launch train came out of nowhere, my gut is that HP is the better choice.

This you?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I was the 3rd vote on the Launch train, HP, Blarg, Anex all voted behind me. Ephi switched votes three times for no reason at EoD, jman only went off of malus when Launch was in danger, ATP went HP -> no vote -> HP, malus randomly went to LP which was a train with no momentum and Yuta randomly switched to Blarg when there was no more momentum on Town Sneeks yet I'm getting the shit for voting for Launch? If you guys had really wanted to vote out HP then maybe everyone shouldn't have randomly been moving ten minutes before EoD and voting earlier on HP.

Try to do some real investigate work besides trying to blame me for Launch getting launched.

Oct 27, 2017
I was feeling dizzy at the day end and couldn't concentrate on writing, so I had to bail out after my longer post. Don't really know how I would've reacted, since I generally see double as a town power. But that last second decision felt bad to read.

Saw as the kill screams framing or switcheroo.

My gf just decided to check her email before she goes to bed (a bad habbit) and got the job offer at the university she wanted, so see you all tomorrow, we have to celebrate now :D

Nov 2, 2017
I mean acting like I was the deciding vote on the Launch train is naive. There is plenty of other people you could look towards besides me. Trying to scapegoat me for having to decide who to pick is lazy. You sat on the Launch vote despite not liking HP's EoD and you were here for the entire EoD.
I wish I had moved, but I wasn't as present as I liked. But I know that doesn't mean much now.

And it isn't scapegoating if you were acting weird that entire last hour. You voted me and malus - seems like you tried to get anything other than HP going.

But I'll give you Ephi, it was their vote on Launch that started the train of votes, then they silently slipped away. Would want to hear from them. And anex too who changed late.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
How? You were leading the vote, people were expecting you to claim, and there's no reason for a townie to hide a double vote, it's not like mafia would be jumping to kill you on the same night.
I figured I was dead anyway so I pretty much just stopped playing. I think that's pretty obvious in how I was playing? I should've claimed earlier obviously but like I said I had all but given up.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I don't understand the benefit of doubling down on our D1 mistake by voting out HP. His gambit to save himself would be pretty risky if he was Mafia. Voting for him just creates a fracture within Town.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I don't understand the benefit of doubling down on our D1 mistake by voting out HP. His gambit to save himself would be pretty risky if he was Mafia. Voting for him just creates a fracture within Town.

What a bad post. If he's mafia he has no choice to double down, whats the alternative get voted out? This way town lose 2 people before any scum are hit.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
What a bad post. If he's mafia he has no choice to double down, whats the alternative get voted out? This way town lose 2 people before any scum are hit.
You could argue that he has no choice either way. Most players would believe their side has the better chance if they can stay involved in the game. Do you think he wouldn't have tried to save himself if he was Town?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
You could argue that he has no choice either way. Most players would believe their side has the better chance if they can stay involved in the game. Do you think he wouldn't have tried to save himself if he was Town?

I think town claim and dont fuck over the rest of town right at day end

He got angry then sulked then fucked over town. Nothing about his day end was helpful to tell.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Ephi on eod yesterday:

Your HP read said "not awkward or angry yet (town or not enough pressure)" but also "emotional HP is usually indicative of town", so I'm curious which of those you err towards with regards to his reaction earlier?

Questions neki about his reason for town reading HP, doesn't seem to understand or agree.

I'm curious about the fact it felt like people were expressing an interest in going Sneeks but nobody except Yuta actually moved. Is it just her not being here that made people balk? 🤔

As HP stays leading, she tries to get a Sneeks wagon going, doesn't work.

When Launch becomes a viable alternative for HP, she jumps in and stays there for the day.

Why Sneeks and Launch over HP, Ephi? Your exchange with neki gave me the impression you didn't agree with his town read and could at least consider him for the vote, but you went for two other players who we now know were town, and didn't even give a reason for voting and staying on Launch, or a reason why you were off HP.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Ephi on eod yesterday:

Questions neki about his reason for town reading HP, doesn't seem to understand or agree.

As HP stays leading, she tries to get a Sneeks wagon going, doesn't work.

When Launch becomes a viable alternative for HP, she jumps in and stays there for the day.

Why Sneeks and Launch over HP, Ephi? Your exchange with neki gave me the impression you didn't agree with his town read and could at least consider him for the vote, but you went for two other players who we now know were town, and didn't even give a reason for voting and staying on Launch, or a reason why you were off HP.
Just a correction, Ephi jumped back to HP for the rest of the day which is why I don't feel good about it.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I can claim if you want?

HGagi4u.gif

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Its both. His behaviour wasn't the behaviour of town it was the behaviour of caught scum
I think this whole debate is NAI. If HP was actually scum and he had double vote, why not claim earlier since its often seen as a town power? The fact that his claim is confirmable but not alignment indicative means a scum shouldn't be afraid of using it. Why wouldn't anyone in the scum thread tell him to claim earlier or vote earlier, he had zero support. You need to stop thinking that everyone is going to be optimal town all the time, look at Blarg.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Just a correction, Ephi jumped back to HP for the rest of the day which is why I don't feel good about it.

Shit, i don't know how I missed that. It's hard af to do this thing in mobile.

Ephidel would still be nice to get your thought process behind avoiding HP and trying Sneeks and Launch before jumping at HP, though.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I think this whole debate is NAI. If HP was actually scum and he had double vote, why not claim earlier since its often seen as a town power? The fact that his claim is confirmable but not alignment indicative means a scum shouldn't be afraid of using it. Why wouldn't anyone in the scum thread tell him to claim earlier or vote earlier, he had zero support. You need to stop thinking that everyone is going to be optimal town all the time, look at Blarg.

Oh hp is blarg? Oh wait what a ridiculous comparison.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
No I'm saying expecting everyone to play your idea of optimal town play is ridiculous.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
He's pissed because he wanted rid of me and failed. Simple as that

Given your day 1 response was dictated by emotion, I don't see you as capable of addressing this in an objective manner.

The ability is more often town than scum

As I would have expected. So we're worse off because we lost one town as opposed to someone else who is also likely town?

If Launchpad had spoken up, we could have arguably avoided this too.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Given your day 1 response was dictated by emotion, I don't see you as capable of addressing this in an objective manner.

As I would have expected. So we're worse off because we lost one town as opposed to someone else who is also likely town?

I mean hp is not likely town and frankly your defense of him is a massive eye raise.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Launch was away, he was targeted by scum for that reason

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
The optimal play for any PR in any mafia game is to claim so we don't vote them off but I can't tell you how many times I've seen on this forum alone PRs will eat the vote and die rather than openly claim and at least get one shot off their power off. It happens literally every game and despite me trying to say why claiming and then dying the next night is better than getting voted off, people still refuse to do it. It makes me sad but not everyone is interested in super optimal town play, people are interested in having fun within their own means.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
And there's nothing wrong with that, no one can or should be able to dictate other people's playstyles.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The optimal play for any PR in any mafia game is to claim so we don't vote them off but I can't tell you how many times I've seen on this forum alone PRs will eat the vote and die rather than openly claim and at least get one shot off their power off. It happens literally every game and despite me trying to say why claiming and then dying the next night is better than getting voted off, people still refuse to do it. It makes me sad but not everyone is interested in super optimal town play, people are interested in having fun within their own means.

Not really my experience at all

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I mean hp is not likely town and frankly your defense of him is a massive eye raise.

I don't feel particularly obliged to defend HP. Day 1 was poor play IMO regardless of alignment, and the ability we'd lose isn't especially powerful IMO.

What I do think is important is not handing scum day 2 on a platter by laser focusing on one player all day and not holding anyone else's feet to the fire.

Launch was away, he was targeted by scum for that reason
Then let's examine everyone involved in that switch (which I admit includes me), rather than just HP alone.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
LP gets the Launch train going (at that point it had only 1 vote from mid D1) on the premise that Launch was vote hopping:

Speaking of Launch, if you're going to jump to another target to look like uncertain town, at least spend more than 30 minutes there before jumping back.

Vote: Launchpad

A bit later he claims to have reread HP's posts and he provides reads therefore isn't a good vote:

I read some of HP's posts and he does provide reads so I'm not going to vote there.

Later when Launch x HP is consolidated, he agrees that HP's vote is sus, but didn't he just reread HP? Maybe he missed it on the first time. Anyway, he agrees HP is sus but still doesn't move from Launch and stays there for the day:

I didn't notice who HP had voted for and yeah that's sus.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
LP gets the Launch train going (at that point it had only 1 vote from mid D1) on the premise that Launch was vote hopping:

A bit later he claims to have reread HP's posts and he provides reads therefore isn't a good vote:

Later when Launch x HP is consolidated, he agrees that HP's vote is sus, but didn't he just reread HP? Maybe he missed it on the first time. Anyway, he agrees HP is sus but still doesn't move from Launch and stays there for the day:
Thank you for this. Nonchalant vote swapping strikes me as more town, since votes in scum are more likely to be socialized with the group before happening.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.

The 'sus' vote I had made was the joke vote I put on Fate at the start of day 1. Lol

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
will-your-phaser-not-work-from-back-there

Ok RIP Sawneeks and Launch. OK I missed day end yesterday (as I thought I would) and what the hell people? Just once I would like to be wrong about the last 15 minutes of day 1 absolute mess of votes.

But back to scum hunting, I don't think Neki is the right place here but give me a minute to read through the past hour.

And HPSauce A double deserves some clarification... Can you point to me where you claimed who you were?