• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate Ephi's sudden burst of activity, I don't really know what to make of it at the moment though. That was an excessively long post and a bit meandering, but I think the point of it was to log any and all references and interactions with Blarg? I did read the whole thing, I swear. And then she settled on Zipped after. I would like re-read Zipped before deciding how I feel on that any further.
Blarg is the scum flip we actually have, I felt it would be remiss not to at least attempt to look for relations, but Blarg himself posted very little I could actually (be bothered to) parse.
So instead I tried to see if anything stood out in the way people acted towards him, in either direction.

I know people won't read that bullshit, and it's big on the quotes and low on the actual opinions and inferences anyway, but I did it partly for myself more than anything so I can look back at it easily.

The bits that stood out to me most I stuck in the post underneath.
Yuta (now you), called him being scum super early.
Zipped pushes away from him repeatedly, comes around when interacting with Shirou and does vote there, but the following day says he doesn't want to vote there after all. That looks weird to me considering I don't think Blarg had done anything to warrant the reconsideration to look away again.
Wee really wants LP/HP dead.

Ephidel do you any useful answers to tell the class from clairvoying
Depends on your definition of useful.

There is not more than one scum faction, there are misdirect abilities in game, there are not any recruit abilities in game.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
When you were leading, Blarg was not the contesting wagon. You even write "unexpectedly" yourself. So why would you even consider "taking the L"?

Because even in the best case scenario, HP dies, flips town, and I would still be first in line to get voted out next day. Fake doctor claim only goes so far. Maybe I get counter claimed the next day or cop checked. My survival would be limited while Blarg could escape any cop check and start posting. I had too much baggage.

Anyway this is just speculation so if you want to continue down that route, be my guest.

Day 4 End
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Anexanhume has died!

fFrgIGn.gif

Welcome to Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia!

You are Lwaxana Troi, the 2-Shot Roleblocker, and are aligned with the Federation (Town).

As a daughter of the Fifth House, holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, and heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed, and of course Deanna's mother too, you are a very important and influential person when you are aboard the Enterprise, people only pay attention to you when you visit them.

Twice during the game at night, you can submit the command Block: Player Name to block a player from performing any actions that night.

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...ficer-is-to-the-truth-except-in-mafia.488278/

You will win the game when all threats to the Federation have been eliminated.

NIGHT 4 BEGINS

Night actions are due 2 hours before day start.

Day 5 will begin in:
ljxebzmsap

Day 5 Start
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
weemadarthur has died!

oV4qlYj.gif

Welcome to Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia!

You are Lieutenant Commander Data, the 1-Shot Parity Cop, and are aligned with the Federation (Town).

As a fan of Sherlock Holmes, you enjoy uncovering the truth, but as an android with superior intellectual abilities, it's kind of easy for you to do.

Once during the game, you can submit the command Investigate: Player A, Player B. You will learn whether your targets share the same alignment in the form of "Match" or "No Match".

You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...ficer-is-to-the-truth-except-in-mafia.488278/

You will win the game when all threats to the Federation have been eliminated.

DAY 5 BEGINS

Vote Tool:

Majority is 6

Day 5 will end in:

phn1gvi62q

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Lone_Prodigy I kindly request that you full claim today. You said you would claim D4 to maximize the utility of your role. Well, it's D5 now, so any limits should be past due. If you are town, scum is choosing to keep you alive to sow confusion. If you're scum, you better hope you have a good claim figured out.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense, scum were afraid that Wee might have a second shot and acted to derail it. I don't know if this tells us anything about them not having a RBer.

Nov 2, 2017
Wee :'(

vote: HP

Start as you mean to go on. I am sad about anex as I really thought we had it. To me, it has to be between HP and LP, it's too much of a lingering question.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I scanned LP yesterday but I'll wait on telling the results before hearing his flavor. I'll say that it doesn't immediately spring scum to me.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
what more do you want from a doctor claim?
Flavour, number of shots, if he can consecutively protect and self-protect, who he protected each night.

This is a role madness game. Scum could slip up and claim something that conflicts with another, currently unclaimed role. LP claimed that his role wouldn't have much use beyond D4 so I'm expecting he's out of shots anyway.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
I want to ask Zippedpinhead why, on D3, he felt Blarg wasn't someone he wanted to vote for when he'd been fine with it on D2.

I still don't like this but I can see where you all are coming from. I really thought Anex was playing more town forward today but I want to see the flip as well.

vote: Anexanhume
Also why when there was still time (granted only a little) left in the day and your post expressed misgivings over it and you knew there was probably a double vote to use, you still decided voting there to hit turbo was the best choice.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Flavour, number of shots, if he can consecutively protect and self-protect, who he protected each night.

This is a role madness game. Scum could slip up and claim something that conflicts with another, currently unclaimed role. LP claimed that his role wouldn't have much use beyond D4 so I'm expecting he's out of shots anyway.
I can't help but think scum would also want to know most of that so they know if they have to worry about the doctor anymore.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday ended up being one of those times I kick myself for not trusting my gut more around the way anex claimed, but damn the block on Bo just seemed too juicy to ignore.

Anex's role being so limited doesn't make me think there couldn't be more protection roles so I don't think it really implicates LP as much as I originally thought. The block of HP is something that will almost certainly have to be resolved at some point before lylo as it's always going to be dangling there as a concern, and if I were in scum's shoes you never shoot there clearly.

I still have Zipped and Fate as two players that stand out as not having given me any particular townie vibes thus far, so maybe I'll try and ISO them at some point this phase.. maybe. No promises.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
you can ask why nat choose to vote and bring anex to -1
I literally say why in the post where I vote. Please consider doing this crazy thing called "paying attention."

Yeah, I do feel like you're off and will look at you later today.

Town:
Bojack
Malus
HP

Will put aside until later after claims:
Nat
Ephi
LP
Zipped

There is scum here:
Fate
Random
Royal
What has Zipped done to be in your middle pile?

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Alright LP, who the hell did you protect last night?

It wasn't the parity cop and I'm still alive. and I shouldn't be alive. you are a claimed doctor and its been two nights AND we had a cop who could have still had checks.

so either you got role blocked and then scum took the shot at wee (after having not roleblocked you the night before when you prevented their NK, which DOES NOT MAKE SENSE IF SCUM HAS A RB) OR you are bullshitting us and aren't the doctor and two nights ago was some elaborate nk ploy from scum

vote: Lone_Prodigy

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
we had a cop who could have still had checks.
next time read the flip, wee had 1 shot
so either you got role blocked and then scum took the shot at wee (after having not roleblocked you the night before when you prevented their NK, which DOES NOT MAKE SENSE IF SCUM HAS A RB) OR you are bullshitting us and aren't the doctor and two nights ago was some elaborate nk ploy from scum
yea ok there bud
why dont you answer ephi's question instead of dodging it again

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I literally say why in the post where I vote. Please consider doing this crazy thing called "paying attention."

What has Zipped done to be in your middle pile?
Nothing really, I scanned him N3 and his emotion coincided with a crew member's personality I googled. Barring me finding out I'm a dog sniffer or mafia has reg emotions I'm putting him to the side.
do you want us to claim?

2/3 of us are here
you just have been riding amb's town read coat
Word? That's a nice coat though.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
There is scum here:
Fate
Random
Royal
I think before you said of Rando that his posts were "a bit much to be scum obfuscation" with the addendum that him being talkative meant "we'll know any inconsistencies as they come up"
Does listing him here mean you think you've seen some inconsistencies?

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
LP being roleblocked and not dead doesn't make sense if there was a no kill night. Why does scum do that? just start the roleblock and keep the NK deaths going.

If LP wasn't roleblocked then they must have prevented a death yesterday, which by process of elimination should have been wee at this point . Which doesn't make sense to me, why does scum take a shot at "not the doctor" the night after the doctor claims, and then how does said doctor know not to self protect on that exact night of claiming in order to protect "not the doctor". it is contrived and convoluted and I don't buy it.

so you must have protected yourself after claiming, and I know it worked because I didn't wake up dead yesterday, and scum had no NK. So they should have targetted the same player last night.

And here I am waking up not dead again, which shouldn't have happened with scum play that makes sense.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Alright LP, who the hell did you protect last night?

It wasn't the parity cop and I'm still alive. and I shouldn't be alive. you are a claimed doctor and its been two nights AND we had a cop who could have still had checks.

vote: Lone_Prodigy
Why exactly is it you should be dead?

Why does this read like someone that knows the answer to the missing NK isn't from Anex's block or Malus's BP?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I think before you said of Rando that his posts were "a bit much to be scum obfuscation" with the addendum that him being talkative meant "we'll know any inconsistencies as they come up"
Does listing him here mean you think you've seen some inconsistencies?
No, just that from PoE he would be on the bottom of that list.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I want to ask Zippedpinhead why, on D3, he felt Blarg wasn't someone he wanted to vote for when he'd been fine with it on D2.

Also why when there was still time (granted only a little) left in the day and your post expressed misgivings over it and you knew there was probably a double vote to use, you still decided voting there to hit turbo was the best choice.
at work and miscounted because the fireblend tool gets bounced back on my works VPN firewall. literally always been a problem and no one knows how to fix it. I got around it during thing mafia by reviewing it from my phone but that is a massive pain in the ass at day end.

I'm a bodygaurd, Tasha Yar and should be dead by now.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing really, I scanned him N3 and his emotion coincided with a crew member's personality I googled. Barring me finding out I'm a dog sniffer or mafia has reg emotions I'm putting him to the side.

Word? That's a nice coat though.
Ehhh, you do you but unless said personality absolutely can't fit any possible villain flavor j don't know that it tells us much. We had a single shot parity cop in a game with a godfather AND a Miller. I seriously doubt your role has a shit ton of smoking gun utility.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
and about blarg day 3, blarg had posted a little more day 3 than 2, I thought he was coming out of his shell and could start contributing. I'm glad I was wrong and you all voted him out though.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
at work and miscounted because the fireblend tool gets bounced back on my works VPN firewall. literally always been a problem and no one knows how to fix it. I got around it during thing mafia by reviewing it from my phone but that is a massive pain in the ass at day end.

No need to provide specifics, but your role description/actions combined I take it mean you literally should be dead, not just exaggerating?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

Hm. Not who I thought at all. I thought it was Beverly. Googling Tasha Yar also brings up a lot of alternate reality Romulan shit.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Where I'm at with Zipped, is I buy the claim right now. I re-read Zipped last night and figured this was the role and flavour he was softing, and I liked some of his early reads in retrospect, where he was on HP, Blarg, jman and defended Sneeks.

If this is a fake claim, then both Zipped and Ambu/Vere would have to be scum and coordinating these wild claims very early on, and Ambu would need to make an accurate guess for other flavour cop checks that were correct. I think the simpler explanation is that both Vere and Zipped are town. I won't be absolutely certain unless I saw Zipped's flip, because I have trust issues, but I'm not going to vote there to find out. I think flipping HP would be more valuable to solve this, because his flavour check didn't make sense compared to the others.

Today I want HP or LP, depending on his claim.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Ehhh, you do you but unless said personality absolutely can't fit any possible villain flavor j don't know that it tells us much. We had a single shot parity cop in a game with a godfather AND a Miller. I seriously doubt your role has a shit ton of smoking gun utility.
Pretty much why it's not in the town category but leave until later category.