• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

HPSauce (6 votes)
Randomless - #1,437
FateShirou - #1,595
Lone_Prodigy - #1,638
BoJack Horseman - #1,647
Anexanhume - #1,648
weemadarthur - #1,652

Lone_Prodigy (3 votes)
jman1954goat - #1,250
weemadarthur - #1,289 #1,652
malus - #1,410 #1,639
Zippedpinhead - #1,584
HPSauce - #1,594
BoJack Horseman - #1,619 #1,647

Blargonaut (3 votes)
FateShirou - #1,454 #1,595
Ephidel - #1,515
Verelios - #1,570
malus - #1,651

BoJack Horseman (0 votes)
Zippedpinhead - #1,253 #1,395
Randomless - #1,285 #1,362

malus (0 votes)
Anexanhume - #1,449 #1,505

Ephidel (0 votes)
Lone_Prodigy - #1,462 #1,638
BoJack Horseman - #1,497 #1,619
Anexanhume - #1,505 #1,648

AllThingsPurple (0 votes)
HPSauce - #1,228 #1,239

Not voting: Royal_Flush, Blargonaut

Post Counts:
weemadarthur: 87 FateShirou: 86 Ephidel: 41 BoJack Horseman: 40 HPSauce: 37 Randomless: 34 malus: 30 Zippedpinhead: 30 Blargonaut: 29 Verelios: 27 jman1954goat: 27 Anexanhume: 24 Lone_Prodigy: 22 Royal_Flush: 6 A WIld Ambulance Appears: 2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
For the record I believe Ephi's claim. I know she said the questions are from a set, so she didn't write them herself, but asking about multiple enemy factions is very on brand for Ephi. If that's a fake claim it's very on the nose.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== FINAL DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Blargonaut (8 votes)
FateShirou - #1,454 #1,595
Ephidel - #1,515
Verelios - #1,570
malus - #1,651
BoJack Horseman - #1,654
weemadarthur - #1,659
FateShirou - #1,660
Randomless - #1,661
Lone_Prodigy - #1,664

Lone_Prodigy (3 votes)
jman1954goat - #1,250
weemadarthur - #1,289 #1,652
malus - #1,410 #1,639
Zippedpinhead - #1,584
HPSauce - #1,594
BoJack Horseman - #1,619 #1,647

HPSauce (1 votes)
Randomless - #1,437 #1,661
FateShirou - #1,595 #1,660
Lone_Prodigy - #1,638 #1,664
BoJack Horseman - #1,647 #1,654
Anexanhume - #1,648
weemadarthur - #1,652 #1,659

Ephidel (0 votes)
Lone_Prodigy - #1,462 #1,638
BoJack Horseman - #1,497 #1,619
Anexanhume - #1,505 #1,648

BoJack Horseman (0 votes)
Zippedpinhead - #1,253 #1,395
Randomless - #1,285 #1,362

malus (0 votes)
Anexanhume - #1,449 #1,505

AllThingsPurple (0 votes)
HPSauce - #1,228 #1,239

Not voting: Royal_Flush, Blargonaut

Post Counts:
FateShirou: 89 weemadarthur: 89 BoJack Horseman: 42 Ephidel: 41 HPSauce: 37 Randomless: 36 Zippedpinhead: 30 malus: 30 Blargonaut: 29 Verelios: 27 jman1954goat: 27 Anexanhume: 25 Lone_Prodigy: 23 Royal_Flush: 6 A WIld Ambulance Appears: 2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 3 End
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Blargonaut has died!

5HUEMU2.gif

Welcome to Star Trek: The Next Generaiton Mafia!

You are Commander Sela, the Godmother and Tracker, and are aligned with the Romulans (Mafia).

As a high-ranking officer in the Romulan military, you are often leading efforts to disrupt the plans of the Federation, especially that of the starship Enterprise, aboard which your mother, Tasha Yar, once served.

Any checks on your alignment will show you as Town.

In addition, each night you may submit the command Track: Player Name to learn who your target visited at night, but not what action they performed.

You may also perform the Mafia faction kill with the command Kill: Player Name at night.

The Mafia thread is here: [redacted]

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...ficer-is-to-the-truth-except-in-mafia.488278/

You will win the game when the Mafia controls a majority of the votes or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

NIGHT 3 BEGINS

Night actions are due 2 hours before day start.

Day 4 will begin in:
1y0r80dbc1

Nov 2, 2017
I'll take this and the Blarg kill. Feeling optimistic about today.

I don't have anything prepared, but I will drop my thoughts on Ephi as I've taken other people's thoughts into consideration and Ephi has been trying a lot.

My instinct now tells me to look at LP's claim and its validity, anex, and Royal who's been fairly MIA.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, this is, surprisingly nice?

My plans for today at the moment are to re-read anex and try to get some more out of Royal. Something felt off to me about anex yesterday, he seemed really dismissive. With Royal we just kinda haven't gotten anything there.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Given the speed at which it happened and the fact that it happened at all (since I claimed with like 15 minutes left, scum could go AFK and let me die), the whole Blarg wagon is probably clean.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
If HP is also scum, that means that scum didn't have an alternative wagon besides me last day. There were votes on malus and Ephi throughout the day IIRC so we could look there, but it seems risky to not have a backup wagon if my claim was any good and town wanted to go somewhere else. Maybe they counted on a split and a potential double vote from HP.

Speaking of which, a one shot double vote scum could be possible. HP could've used it last day but didn't, though I don't recall if I was in turbo range had he done so.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
I already said I wouldn't use it until LYLO or whatever but you clowns are gonna kill me before that so whatever

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
talk us through this
if the claim is BS, that would mean LP is scum

1) if theres a doctor in the game, why do you think they havnt counter claimed?
2) Do you think scum!LP would hammer blarg like that?

Actually, if I was scum, #2 is very possible lol.

But if I was scum I wouldn't sacrifice Blarg to save myself. A tracker and godmother when we have a claimed cop is very valuable to keep around.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
talk us through this

1) why wait till 15 minutes before EoD to claim. He could've been hammered by people without votes down!

2) why did he want to wait till day 4 to claim. Delaying for time? How does waiting till Day 4 make more sense?

3) he did hammer Blarg but he never suggested voting there he just followed it. If his role is more powerful than Blarg's then letting him die is the obvious move to make

4) some some of the players that were absent at EoD haven't weighed in yet so let's cool it on the no counter claims thing shall we?

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1) why wait till 15 minutes before EoD to claim. He could've been hammered by people without votes down!
you could ask LP that
2) why did he want to wait till day 4 to claim. Delaying for time? How does waiting till Day 4 make more sense?
we did have a no kill night 3
3) he did hammer Blarg but he never suggested voting there he just followed it. If his role is more powerful than Blarg's then letting him die is the obvious move to make
ok, so you think LP is faking their role, fair
4) some some of the players that were absent at EoD haven't weighed in yet so let's cool it on the no counter claims thing shall we?
?
Alright, whats ur top 3 scum

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I didn't make it for day end yesterday, I saw the mention about LP's claim at 3:58 and immediately went to post my next person in line, I didn't even realize that the day was ended.

Again very sorry to all involved.

talk us through this

I know I wasn't asked, but as I also had a parked vote at day end I want to answer.

1) Its role madness so a dr isn't unreasonable a thought, HOWEVER, I think that maybe there are conditions for the savings, odd/even, multiple bodyguards maybe, or a DR that can't self target (which unless LP is scum and the scum buddy team went full hydro pump, I doubt) all would fit the bill. without a counter claim, which I think would be a marginal play 1:1 when one is the dr isn't a GREAT outcome BUT it does lower scum numbers which is a always a net positive for town. I would go for it if I was a dr and a scum claimed dr, but I can see why others wouldn't.

2) Yes scum hammers scum. all day every day. It was a foregone conclusion at that point and almost day end, It got you to ask the question it, which is what scum would want (only town would hammer scum like that).

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1) Its role madness so a dr isn't unreasonable a thought, HOWEVER, I think that maybe there are conditions for the savings, odd/even, multiple bodyguards maybe, or a DR that can't self target (which unless LP is scum and the scum buddy team went full hydro pump, I doubt) all would fit the bill. without a counter claim, which I think would be a marginal play 1:1 when one is the dr isn't a GREAT outcome BUT it does lower scum numbers which is a always a net positive for town. I would go for it if I was a dr and a scum claimed dr, but I can see why others wouldn't.
im not sure what ur saying here
if you were a town!doctor, you wouldnt call out LP claiming doctor?

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
you could ask LP that

we did have a no kill night 3

ok, so you think LP is faking their role, fair

?
Alright, whats ur top 3 scum
Point 1) its laughable that I was getting shit for not claim my double vote until so late but you don't seem to have any issues with 'the doctor' waiting until 15 minutes before day end to claim mate.

Point 2) the no kill is irrelevant to the point I'm making, assume he didn't claim and we came into today with no kill regardless... how does he give us proof of his role? A doc claim isn't really provable like others are. I.E. that comment about waiting till day 4 to claim doesn't make sense alongside the doctor claim. He said he wanted to wait till day 4 to claim and it would make sense but I simply can't imagine any reason why that could be the case.

Top 3 scum for me is LP, Royal and Jman

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
So, that was a pretty great string of hits from last night to today. I scanned Zipped last night and found out he was feeling stubborn.

I'm currently re-thinking my thoughts on Fate yesterday.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Point 1) its laughable that I was getting shit for not claim my double vote until so late but you don't seem to have any issues with 'the doctor' waiting until 15 minutes before day end to claim mate.

Point 2) the no kill is irrelevant to the point I'm making, assume he didn't claim and we came into today with no kill regardless... how does he give us proof of his role? A doc claim isn't really provable like others are. I.E. that comment about waiting till day 4 to claim doesn't make sense alongside the doctor claim. He said he wanted to wait till day 4 to claim and it would make sense but I simply can't imagine any reason why that could be the case.

Top 3 scum for me is LP, Royal and Jman

Double vote can be claimed and proven very easily. It also doesn't make you a top scum priority. You got flack for it because you held onto it unnecessarily and we ended up flipping town Launch instead.

A doctor claim is different. It can't be proven, yes, but without a counter claim, scum will prioritize shooting a doctor, so a doctor doesn't want to claim so early. Even if they don't die right away, a roleblocker or switcher can easily neutralize a doctor.

There are restrictions to my role and I wanted to make it to D4 before claiming because I would be less useful afterwards. Yes, there's another world where my claim is too late and I end up flipping instead of Blarg, so I lucked out there, but I knew that claiming would limit my use. In the end, not dying during the day was still preferable so I claimed.