• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like their are 6-7 people desvering of being lynched today due to their
A) shit play
B) enterign thread to post something mudane and bouncing
C) failure to push their reads

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like their are 6-7 people desvering of being lynched today due to their
A) shit play
B) enterign thread to post something mudane and bouncing
C) failure to push their reads
dd0.png

So push them mate. Make some cases.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Actually, since people seem too comfortable with the status quo, I am going to join the vote for Vote: Ephi. My previous reasonings still stand here, but this is about promoting some movement hopefully.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So push them mate. Make some cases.
please dont post images that take up a quater of the page

if you dont think im pushing any of my reads, then call me out on it
im doing the best i can with the amount of availability posters have
its not my fault malus pops up to post about wee's night actions
or HP being at work and not able to post
or ephi ducking everytime someone calls them out for their non-existional reads
or on freaking royal, who cant even quote me back on the shit i say about them
or blarg who said they will be posting more since they have free time hasnt gone jack shit

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Ephi are you dejected town or scum?
I'm not sure dejected is the right word, but if those are my only two options, sure, I'll take dejected town.

I'm frustrated. Self doubting. Annoyed that you keep calling everyone's play shit.

Your play this game isn't exactly all that either you know. Tearing people down doesn't make them want to participate, it makes them want to slap you.

To be clear, I still mostly lean town on you.
The scattershot approach to questioning people is NAI, your earlier frustrations rang as genuine but at this point I'm not sure if you're hamming it up to remain consistent.

You've been active, questioning, but tunnely. Oh so tunnely. You've been latching on to any little thing and refusing to let go and your pushes keep ending up on people who turn out to be town. Yeah, town gets things wrong, but you're getting things wrong while continuing to drag on the rest of us which grates.

And you know what, as I write it all out none of that looks town.
But after I asked you about Anex you didn't just answer me and bog off, you seemingly thought about it and then asked him some questions too. I think the idea that you're thinking about answers after you get them makes me feel a little better again.

I would be more interested in hearing what you think of the answers you're getting, and if people's answers (or lack thereof) have made you see any links between people.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
. Yeah, town gets things wrong, but you're getting things wrong while continuing to drag on the rest of us which grates.
oh come on
D1 was HP driving town into a brick wall to save his sorry ass
and D2 was a neutral with a "red check"
we are on D3 now, and not so much has happen
And you know what, as I write it all out none of that looks town.
if you think I am not town, then vote me
do something
But after I asked you about Anex you didn't just answer me and bog off, you seemingly thought about it and then asked him some questions too. I think the idea that you're thinking about answers after you get them makes me feel a little better again.
if you feel my reasoning on anex is off, then question that
if you think im giving them a pass for voting, then call me out on that
I would be more interested in hearing what you think of the answers you're getting, and if people's answers (or lack thereof) have made you see any links between people.
you have to be more specific with the "answers"
who and what interaction do you want me to be more specific about

BTW if you feel my play is too rude, offensive, etc. Then tell me straight up and i will replace out, i wouldnt be able to swithc to a more lax and calculated playstyle

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
please dont post images that take up a quater of the page

if you dont think im pushing any of my reads, then call me out on it
im doing the best i can with the amount of availability posters have
its not my fault malus pops up to post about wee's night actions
or HP being at work and not able to post
or ephi ducking everytime someone calls them out for their non-existional reads
or on freaking royal, who cant even quote me back on the shit i say about them
or blarg who said they will be posting more since they have free time hasnt gone jack shit
Haha, I'm on mobile rn so most of it looks cropped all right to me.

I suppose it's true that you're not getting much feedback. I'd say the way you pursued some of it was a bit cryptic. Like just posting 3 names to someone. It's intuitive you want a read but someone could just as easily ignore the post and go 'whuh, reads? When? I didn't know tho'

What is your current read on Blarg then? I see you're voting him so do you want to make a push for his vote out?

Nov 2, 2017
No. I wish it had, it would make all this worthwhile instead of just foolish on my part.
Instead I just feel like I shouldn't have bothered taking on board comments that my previous voting style is anti town and sucks, because seeing what comes from attempting to change that up is a huge headache I don't have the tools to deal with.

Honestly, even looking at it now the Launch voter list as a whole doesn't look great to me outside of, well, you. Even then, they can't all be scum.
Blarg's vote right after mine to further push that train into contention felt incredibly opportunistic, but I'm pretty sure Blarg votes like that regardless of alignment, which, of course, is why he's allowed to get away with it.
I'm pretty down on Blarg's entire focus at the moment and yeah, this vote is part of why even though I know It's What He Does. See, look at this shit. I can't even scum read him for it myself and I want to.
I'm with you on Blarg, they get away with being Blarg and it puts you in a position where you feel voting them out would be a waste of a day.

I will say I'm not against a HP vote either, though I haven't done my own ISO on them. Has HP done any solving today or D2? I can't remember at the moment. Because while I'm focused on LP and Ephi, at least they've put down their reasoning and thoughts.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What is your current read on Blarg then? I see you're voting him so do you want to make a push for his vote out?
the only thing blarg has done is spec about ATP's role and ask about HP's role
besides flip flopping on votes D1 and not voting D2 and so far in D3
an ISO on blarg wont take 2 long since they mostly communicated in youtube video links which wee had a blast decoding

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
if you feel my reasoning on anex is off, then question that
if you think im giving them a pass for voting, then call me out on that
This is almost literally the opposite of what I was saying.
you have to be more specific with the "answers"
who and what interaction do you want me to be more specific about
Hey, maybe if you were less scattershot you wouldn't need me to be more specific.

... No seriously, I don't want you to go over all of them. But if something in particular stood out to you I would be interested. Are you hoping to get anything specific when you question people?
BTW if you feel my play is too rude, offensive, etc. Then tell me straight up and i will replace out, i wouldnt be able to swithc to a more lax and calculated playstyle
I don't want you to switch your play style, I don't want you to be calculated, I don't want you to replace out.
But if you're going to sit at the aggy table with ATP and HP then it's only fair for me to call you out on it as well.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you on Blarg, they get away with being Blarg and it puts you in a position where you feel voting them out would be a waste of a day.

I will say I'm not against a HP vote either, though I haven't done my own ISO on them. Has HP done any solving today or D2? I can't remember at the moment. Because while I'm focused on LP and Ephi, at least they've put down their reasoning and thoughts.
Setting aside his reading of ATP being of him open wolfing, which I can go both ways on*, I don't feel like he's tried to break in to today at all.
Is that the apathy of someone who feels they're an impending misvote out and doesn't know how to fight it, or of someone who doesn't want to draw links to a team. I don't know.
I feel like if I go over his posts looking for actual content I have to go back to D1 for it which both feels bad, and leads to me returning to pages of anger.

He did say he had something to say about Jman when I asked him about him earlier though, so I'm interested in seeing what he comes back with there.

*I'm saying this meaning I can see how both scum!HP and town!HP could come to the same conclusion, even though I think the conclusion itself sucks. Scum trying to look better by painting their opponent as potentially unknowable scum versus town feeling vindicated that the person who hounded them for days was being smug and bullshitty when they went out.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree with bojack - between ephidel and anex, i think anex is the scum.

He's one of the many ppl desperate to see the cop's results, and with a mafia switcher/redirector likely out there, they're just trying to narrow down their targets and figure out whom I may check tonight. Role fishing is bad. I have never been behindhand at sharing exactly what is required from my roles in order to help town win.

today I want to kill among LP HP and anex.

blarg and jman and royal are tied for "idfk"

then there's malus and ephi, who at least HAVE some positions.

For today I am taking vere and fate as town.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
With Bojack and Wee both telling the same story about ATP, I think they are both Town. Bojacks role should be easy to verify and as a consequence also the conversation between the neighborhood participants. Neighborizer doesn't necessarily mean Town, but I think if Scum knew about a parity cop, they would have killed Wee instead of Leo last night. Of course Wee could be Scum, but there hasn't been a counter claim so far, so unless Scum is sure there is no cop in this game, I don't see them making this play so early.

At this point I would like to hear more from Blargonaut. Even though he can be cryptic in the early game, he usually starts solving after a few days, which hasn't happened yet in this game.

I would also like to take another look at Jman. His claim still rings Town to me, but he hasn't really followed it up with anything.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
He's one of the many ppl desperate to see the cop's results, and with a mafia switcher/redirector likely out there, they're just trying to narrow down their targets and figure out whom I may check tonight. Role fishing is bad. I have never been behindhand at sharing exactly what is required from my roles in order to help town win.
Sorry, but you're off your rocker. I have not once pressed for your results from any one day and simply speculated how you being mafia-aligned might work since the night chat spooked so many.

Did you find that particularly threatening? Because I don't vote for you. Is it because I switched my vote to Ephi and made a tie?

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree with bojack - between ephidel and anex, i think anex is the scum.

today I want to kill among LP HP and anex.

blarg and jman and royal are tied for "idfk"
I'm not actually sure it was Anex who kept asking for your results.
I want to say it was Royal.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a very busy weekend but I am present now and should be the rest of the day, barring any sudden catastrophes among my friends or family that require my attention.

I am also curious to see what malus' command will result in.

I have some thoughts on the goings on since my last post but I need a bit to collect them, I'm about to eat lunch. If you have any questions for me feel free to ask away.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
we have 2 hours and 50mins till day end
Ephi - 3 votes
LP - 3 votes
Blarg - 2 votes

and you expect me to be interested in a poke game btween malus and wee?

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

Ephidel (3 votes)
Lone_Prodigy - #1,462
BoJack Horseman - #1,497
Anexanhume - #1,505

Lone_Prodigy (3 votes)
jman1954goat - #1,250
weemadarthur - #1,289
malus - #1,410

Blargonaut (2 votes)
FateShirou - #1,454
Ephidel - #1,515

HPSauce (1 votes)
Randomless - #1,437

BoJack Horseman (0 votes)
Zippedpinhead - #1,253 #1,395
Randomless - #1,285 #1,362

malus (0 votes)
Anexanhume - #1,449 #1,505

AllThingsPurple (0 votes)
HPSauce - #1,228 #1,239

Not voting: Royal_Flush, Verelios, Zippedpinhead, Blargonaut, HPSauce

Post Counts:
weemadarthur: 63 FateShirou: 56 BoJack Horseman: 35 Zippedpinhead: 29 Blargonaut: 29 Ephidel: 28 HPSauce: 23 Randomless: 17 jman1954goat: 17 Verelios: 16 Anexanhume: 15 malus: 15 Lone_Prodigy: 14 Royal_Flush: 6 A WIld Ambulance Appears: 2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
we have 2 hours and 50mins till day end
Ephi - 3 votes
LP - 3 votes
Blarg - 2 votes

and you expect me to be interested in a poke game btween malus and wee?
There was a (Poker) Duelist role in EZA, also a Fanto game. They were a town role. If the role works similarly here (and Fanto was able to smartly reuse pre-made content) then that means malus is effectively a Celebrity/Innocent Child. Just think of our confirmed roles so far. Town had/has an Engineer, a Gladiator, a Loved, a Neighbourizer (this one's a soft confirm but I'm not doubting the claim) and scum gets... a poker game?

I'll wait to confirm what actually happens with the ability but I feel like this is just going to cement malus as a town read for me.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So is this a game of Poker for your soul or what? Trekkies please fill me in
There is a regular game of poker among the bridge crew. The Captain never shows up, because when the Boss arrives, nobody can relax.

Also the ensigns have to make their OWN poker games because they are never invited. if they DO ever score an invite, it means they have effectively "made it" to the inner clique.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How bad was your hand?!
1st draw: jack high
2nd draw: king high

i could have attempted to pull to an inside straight, but i'm not THAT bad at poker…..I kept the 3. And nobody giffed that brad pitt scene from ocean's eleven where he is trying desperately not to cry while teaching celebrities to play poker and he says "you don't want to draw 4, you want to fold". Not even the holding the ice to his head after. Smh. Make better gifs, internet!