Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Just because you did the forum version of stumbling home drunk, I'll humor you lol.

I don't really drink anymore, but I typically did mixed drinks with whiskey, or else wine. Not a fan of beer really.
See, I knew my shit posting was worth it. I also dislike beer. My horrid weakness is vodka and I usually drink all my stuff as shots unless I'm out at a bar or something. Then I act like a classy bitch and get mixed drinks.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I might not be back before EoD, so I just want to get my vote down.

vote: Lone_Prodigy
There's too much protection going around and tbh I also don't trust Fate all that much either.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Regarding Fate, I feel like while he's very active in his approach to the game, his reads are still very hedgy overall. If we look at EoD 3, he voted early on Blarg, but when more votes accumulated he switched to HP only to then go back to Blarg after the swing had already happened. Day 1 he went off wagon when Launch was pushed into the lead making a counter wagon more unlikely. Day 2 he was on Neki the whole day. Yesterday he was again off wagon when Town!Anex was eliminated.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
I'm going to be at the football and unable to post until at least 2 hours or so before EoD. I'm not going to be able to fight against a vote on me so if that's what people want to go for then feel free.

If I am still alive tomorrow I'll do what I can to help. I know I've been letting town down so far this game and I'd like to try to do something of value but that's out of my hands now.

I'm going to stand by what I said the other day. Royal hasn't done enough to convince me he's town. I can't help but feel like he's trying to keep his posting to a bare minimum to avoid attention.

Vote:Royal_Flush[/highlight

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Fate, I feel like while he's very active in his approach to the game, his reads are still very hedgy overall. If we look at EoD 3, he voted early on Blarg, but when more votes accumulated he switched to HP only to then go back to Blarg after the swing had already happened. Day 1 he went off wagon when Launch was pushed into the lead making a counter wagon more unlikely. Day 2 he was on Neki the whole day. Yesterday he was again off wagon when Town!Anex was eliminated.
if you want to know where im coming from with the LP def, i think it will be best for me to claim
Honestly malus, ur coming off p sus there, i have anex in my PoE all day and there were enough votes on anex
you voting LP but not considering the logistics for a scum!LP team with scum!blarg isnt great
Please stop assuming theres too much protection because thats why got anex done in

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to apologize for my drunken actions and deeds

Fuckin psych, no regrets you nerds

I'm going to be at the football and unable to post until at least 2 hours or so before EoD. I'm not going to be able to fight against a vote on me so if that's what people want to go for then feel free.

If I am still alive tomorrow I'll do what I can to help. I know I've been letting town down so far this game and I'd like to try to do something of value but that's out of my hands now.

I'm going to stand by what I said the other day. Royal hasn't done enough to convince me he's town. I can't help but feel like he's trying to keep his posting to a bare minimum to avoid attention.

Vote:Royal_Flush[/highlight
Vote didn't count

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I would like to apologize for my drunken actions and deeds

Fuckin psych, no regrets you nerds

Vote didn't count
How dare you, nerd

Royal_Flush What do you want to talk about? I see you're going for LP because you don't believe theres so much protection and Fates words, so what would you ask them right now that would be like a 'whoa, I agree they're bunk' kind of feeling?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'd tack onto that Royal question and ask why LP of the three existing protector claims is the one you view as most suspect.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
How dare you, nerd

Royal_Flush What do you want to talk about? I see you're going for LP because you don't believe theres so much protection and Fates words, so what would you ask them right now that would be like a 'whoa, I agree they're bunk' kind of feeling?
See I'm thinking that we got incredibly unlucky in launch dying day 1. I bet phaser gifts were shots and all this protection is needed because we were supposed to have

giphy.gif

all the time in this game.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Zippedpinhead whats ur read on malus? do you think their role is what is giving them their TR?
The role makes sense in a Role madness game. It's an easy modifier. It's also an easy fake claim from scum when we haven't seen any vigilante/extra kills all game (because it's not easily checked).

So many of these roles seem almost too "yeah that makes sense" except for the town double vote. I just can't understand what role balances it if town. Protection balances deaths, strongmen balance protections, like ninjas balance trackers, sleepwalkers balance watchers, etc.

So Malus makes sense, and we don't always agree, I need to do a better reread iso

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
4 hrs and 30 mins and you guys are harping on mechs
Verelios what do youmake of ephidel's play this game?
I find it very cautious. I think the best way to say it is she's been 'mild' this game. Not ruffling feathers amor setting the world the fire. Although, I'm not sure if it's because she only has a few posts, but her reads are also not entirely safe choices like today where she went Nat or yesterday going Zipped alone so I don't know. She was also on Blarg early which gives me pause on thinking she's just coasting along but I'm not very taken with her clairvoyance claim.

I don't trust her but I have some reservations saying she's scum.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
My expectation at this point is this game is not solvable via roles/mechanics. Blarg could claim tracker ffs. It's gonna be like that Ael game where scum all had town roles too.

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be around for EOD. (I promise, that's not just to trigger Fate)

There's literally nothing he could say to me right now that would make me sure he's Town. HP being Scum would convince me, though (which is where I'm voting btw).

What else do I want to talk about? Well, for one how Fate by behavior is easily the scummiest player right now (except for the defeatism of HP). Or about those midfield-players, because assuming there are more than 2 Scum left, there is Scum in there... but I'm too lazy to reread them properly right now, so meh.

I'd tack onto that Royal question and ask why LP of the three existing protector claims is the one you view as most suspect.
Circumstances of claiming. Zipped had no reason to fake claim that bodyguard and he was hinting at the role all game. Malus played a round of poker with our cop, the target absolutely makes sense if he can give out a vest.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I still want HP's flip the most. I will be standing pat there.

I am visiting my parents today and will be away from my main computer at EoD. I'll try to be available on mobile, and I'll bring my laptop, but I can't promise my activity won't dip around then.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be around for EOD. (I promise, that's not just to trigger Fate)

There's literally nothing he could say to me right now that would make me sure he's Town. HP being Scum would convince me, though (which is where I'm voting btw).

What else do I want to talk about? Well, for one how Fate by behavior is easily the scummiest player right now (except for the defeatism of HP). Or about those midfield-players, because assuming there are more than 2 Scum left, there is Scum in there... but I'm too lazy to reread them properly right now, so meh.

Circumstances of claiming. Zipped had no reason to fake claim that bodyguard and he was hinting at the role all game. Malus played a round of poker with our cop, the target absolutely makes sense if he can give out a vest.
Was the poker game not interactive? Why wouldn't he have thrown to ensure wee got the BP then?
So we are screwed because scum has successfully hidden all their votes.

I feel like I'm getting played
We still have wagonomics and interactions/engagement. I just don't think we can solve it via roles. Scum probably have legit good town claims. Like imagine if Blarg had been there at day end and claimed tracker..

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Was the poker game not interactive? Why wouldn't he have thrown to ensure wee got the BP then?
From what wee said in the Neighbour thread, the Poker game was interactive and it seemed like malus tried to throw, but wee had such bad card rng that she lost anyway.

I am pretty convinced malus is town.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
The game was held in private, so we can't know for sure. He claims he tried to loose but still ended up with a pair of 5s. Wee claimed she had King high or something like that

From what wee said in the Neighbour thread, the Poker game was interactive and it seemed like malus tried to throw, but wee had such bad card rng that she lost anyway.

I am pretty convinced malus is town.
Okay thanks for the context. I missed all of that so I wasn't sure. Again though, have to be careful about assuming role = town when we have a flipped scum tracker.

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
it feels like a circle with you
I don't know what you want from me? How do you not understand that people can have multiple Scum reads?

vote: Fate

There, you happy? Now you have it in the vote record.

Vote: HPSauce

before u got AWOL again, whats ur read on ephi/malus
Why are you asking the same questions over and over again? I'm circular? Well, you're groundhog day then. You ask a question, I answer it, you ignore the answer and hours later you ask the same question again.

But, fine, because I only have to leave in half an hour, I'll humor you, this time slightly more elaborate:

Ephi to me genuinely looks like she's trying to solve. Glancing over her posts, I have to admit her pushes are not coming hard, if at all, and the vote history does not stand out in either way (slightly worse than average I'd say). Roleclaim is easy to fake, would not consider when determining Scumminess.

malus barely posts and the posts he makes usually are not super helpful but also don't set off large flags.. Pushes are few. Had considerable influence on the Blarg train D3 and has a pretty town-leaning role.

None of this information should be new to you.

Also, it's AWL, not AWOL, I do have leave, I just didn't ask you for it, I gave it to myself, thank you.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 5 VOTES ====
Day Start

HPSauce (3 votes)
BoJack Horseman - #2,112
Randomless - #2,259
Royal_Flush - #2,261 #2,388
Royal_Flush - #2,388

Ephidel (1 votes)
Natiko - #2,303

Royal_Flush (1 votes)
FateShirou - #2,362

Lone_Prodigy (1 votes)
Zippedpinhead - #2,126 #2,255
malus - #2,358

FateShirou (0 votes)
Royal_Flush - #2,388 #2,388

Not voting: Ephidel, Verelios, Zippedpinhead, Lone_Prodigy, HPSauce

Post Counts:
FateShirou: 61 Verelios: 48 Zippedpinhead: 47 Natiko: 45 Randomless: 29 BoJack Horseman: 24 Royal_Flush: 20 Lone_Prodigy: 18 Ephidel: 17 HPSauce: 10 malus: 10

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rereading D4 right now because with anex flipping town he could have something for us. It's slow going.

I want to vote Ephi or Royal. The former has more interactions so it might give us more, but I don't want a D5 vote to be informative in nature.

I won't oppose HP being the vote but I don't think it'll tell us as much as you think it would.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose the BP vest is balanced in that malus' role means he might use it early like a celebrity/IC and then inadvertently end up picking a scum partner. Or he wins it and buys himself an extra night as scum would be tempted to shoot someone who's semi-confirmed.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Here's where my head is currently at.

Lock-Town:
BoJack
malus

Very likely town based off behaviour, meta and claim:
Zipped

Likely town based off claim aligning with others claims (for now):
Vere

PoE (in no particular order):
Nat
Ephi
Shirou
HP
Royal
LP

=========================================

Out of that PoE, I feel best about Ephi and Shirou.

Ephi has been questioning others and hasn't been afraid to march to the beat of her own drum if she thinks there's something that people aren't noticing. She's been a bit gun-shy about posting reads but I think that is a tad NAI for her. If she doesn't have a strong read she will hesitate to post it, or mark it as a gut read. I like that she was on Blarg early, even if it was a bus, because it reinforced to me that going in on Blarg was a good idea. Her claim seems reasonable. It's difficult to prove but it seems very elaborate for a fake claim. I don't understand why a scum oracle would be out here giving us (seemingly accurate) information? Even if the information hasn't been entirely useful. I found myself agreeing with her that she shut down the cult talk early. Scum would want to play that up I think, and get a Zipped mis-lunch or something like that. Shades of Mafioso there. I don't think I want to eliminate Ephi today. I would put her at a light-town to null-ish read, but she's in the PoE due to lack of options at this point in the game. Could she be scum? Yeah, but I don't quite think so at the moment. If it's down to eliminate Ephi or no-vote/eliminate someone from my town reads, I would vote to eliminate Ephi, but it doesn't seem like that scenario is likely at the moment.

Shirou has felt like his normal self, maybe a little angy-er than usual. I noticed a bit of a change in his behaviour today, however. His 180 flip on HP was very weird. Him tying himself to LP and defending him was also curious. Paranoia has me believe this is a potential scum reaction to the narrowing PoE. If LP is scum I'd be inclined to believe Shirou is scum as well. Shirou's soft claim could be a number of roles that we haven't yet seen in this game, so I think it's certainly possible that he's town and so is LP. I'd prefer a full claim from him to really evaluate the possibility but I am not interested in fishing there. I had Shirou as a strong town read but after today I think he's sliding down a bit, to a light town read at best and maybe more of a null. I would only vote for Shirou in a similar scenario as the above described for Ephi, which does not seem to be likely today either.

Royal has picked up a bit since he's been more available. The initial extended absence and the tunnel on Shirou leaves a lot of room for scum to operate in, however. I like that despite the tunnel on Shirou, he's still going for HP. I agree with him that HP is probably the best flip for town to get right now. Royal being away at EoD is awfully convenient, because if he's scum and he picks up pressure he won't be able to claim.

I've already made my thoughts clear on LP. If HP flips scum I think LP is cleared. I think flipping LP before HP would be a huge mistake.

I should probably dig in on Nat to see what's up there. I did a re-read of jman earlier in the game and got very little from it. I think the Miller claim upon his subbing in is fine. If he's actually a Miller, that would probably be a good move to clear that up immediately. I thought jman was softing a Paranoid Gun Owner or similar role, but a Miller does match what he was describing to an extent, if the Miller has another power. However, scum can and will do anything, and Nat in particular can and will do anything, so I don't think the Miller claim is this great clear. Nat's behaviour around anex's elimination was pretty suspicious to me. It felt like he didn't buy that anex was scum and was asking others to convince him, but voted there anyway and then when anex flips town he gets to say "ah darn I knew it". I'll give Nat the benefit of the doubt for now, because subbing in when he did was certainly difficult, but this is something I will be going back to later to re-evaluate.

I think HP is the best flip for today. It will help town solve the game. I will be staying there for now, unless he completely drops out of contention, in which case I will be upset that he wriggled out again.

==============================

Voting order for today is something like: HP > Royal > Nat > Shirou > Ephi. I will not be voting one of my town reads today, and I think we should flip HP first before LP.

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
Royal has picked up a bit since he's been more available. The initial extended absence and the tunnel on Shirou leaves a lot of room for scum to operate in, however. I like that despite the tunnel on Shirou, he's still going for HP. I agree with him that HP is probably the best flip for town to get right now. Royal being away at EoD is awfully convenient, because if he's scum and he picks up pressure he won't be able to claim.
I don't have a problem with claiming right now, but am I really in danger of being voted out today? If I do, I'd have to do it in the next 15 minutes, then I'm away

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
Him tying himself to LP and defending him was also curious. Paranoia has me believe this is a potential scum reaction to the narrowing PoE. If LP is scum I'd be inclined to believe Shirou is scum as well. Shirou's soft claim could be a number of roles that we haven't yet seen in this game, so I think it's certainly possible that he's town and so is LP.
L_P being Town does not mean Fate being Town though. I could see that soft claim from Scum!Fate who wants to get some cred when HP flips Scum and L_P is widely considered Town afterwards.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao at sitting here on day fucking five and saying we should vote someone because it'll "help town solve the game". What trash reasoning this far in.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have a problem with claiming right now, but am I really in danger of being voted out today? If I do, I'd have to do it in the next 15 minutes, then I'm away
If your claim isn't fluff but can give us some new information then yeah, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

I don't want to vote HP today, his defeatism alone would be a dick move to play as scum for everyone, and I don't believe from what I know of him, HP would use the sympathy card for this long. My current pool of votes is Ephi-Royal-Fate in no particular order. I'm less wary about Ephi here.