Soap

Oct 27, 2017
The metric of a decade ago where game development was a shit ton faster due to being nowhere near as complex as today both in terms of assets and code? Especially when it comes to the SW franchise. How much time do you think it takes to create a map in BF2 compared to the games from a decade ago?
So you think making an exclusivity deal increases game production? My issue is with the exclusivity deal.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Yup, seems about right. There's a great game buried beneath all the corporate bullshit decisions and a halfassed attempt at pleasing the SP fans.

Stilton Disco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Fuck it's depressing that EA have exclusive rights to Star Wars games. Just utter, utter shit heels.

Also fuck AAA gaming generally these days. The good stuff dies on its arse and the exploitative wank makes enough bank to become the only thing publishers and shitty devs care about.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
So you think making an exclusivity deal increases game production? My issue is with the exclusivity deal.
No I don't think an exclusivity deal increases production, but it does make things more realistic and prevents shovelware, we shouldn't throw out lists as if every SW games a decade ago was a critically acclaimed masterpiece. The only reason we're able to get a game like BF2 this year in terms of scope is because they had the foundation already with the first game. Really have to take into account that game development takes longer than it used to. Two games is four years is absolutely not out of the ordinary for an IP this gen.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this about the 75% price decrease?! Sry, but if that changes your opinion or even the score you clearly don't see the real issues here...

He's owned by Gamestop, leave him be.

it's pretty amazing that he deleted his review because of the changes made, such as receiving 75% less credits for finishing the campaign, to get a better idea of what the game is now and people are still shitting on him.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Games Radar reviewer taking his one moment in the spotlight to throw an unfunny dig at someone who actually accomplished something in life is pathetic.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad that even though it's short, the campaign is fun (for some reviewers, I'll see myself on Friday).

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
The timer on arcade mode credits is ridiculous. So glad I didnt preorder this game, as someone who doesnt play MP this would have made me furious.

Dax

Oct 25, 2017
This game truly seems like the straw that broke the camel's back. Good to see critics doing their job and burning EA at the stake for this can of liquefied greed. EA is possibly the worst thing to happen to the industry.

Deleted member 6733

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some good points made in some reviews but the scores not fully reflecting that. Feels like some of these reviewers bottled it, the scores seem too high.

Oct 25, 2017
Making a good video game isn't easy, but making a great game and deliberately fucking it up for some extra cash is just something else.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
So what is arcade mode exactly? Seems like it is vs bots mode. Guess they wanted to limit getting credit a bit from winning against bots lol.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
EA doesn't make games, they make money

I feel like in the end though this will only negatively impact the game and drive customers and they won't actually make as much money.

But then again I actuallt have no idea just speaking from how I personally would come at this. I don't mind loot crates and even dropped a few bucks to get some in games like Halo 5 or Overwatch which are primarily cosmetic only but this is on another level as its almost entirely P2W in a 60$ game.

TBH though this isn't new for EA, they've been doing this with Ultimate team for years and that prints money for them, I think this implementation and the audience it caters too is completely different though and I think in the end its not going to work out well for them.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Metacritic score still on par with Shadow of War's 80. Both seem way too high still.
The new Pokemon on Friday won't have loot boxes and I'll be shocked if it musters a 75.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
You know, it must be a monumentally shitty feeling being just your average person who loves video games and trying to make it or break it at a AAA studio, tinkering away on your Darth Vader character model, blaster particle effect, rock texture, UI line of code, or whatever else, and know your work as part of many is being totally undermined in publicity and play by your publisher. Easy to hand wave I guess; it is what it is, and nobody will rightly blame you for the product. But to see your positive contribution overshadowed by a negative whole would be the pits.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Not looking great. I'm not buying the game at launch for sure.

EA should start changing things. They ruined Mass Effect, they ruined and shut down Visceral, they launched an awful NFS game and they screwed Battlefront 2 with an atrocious progression system, all in one year.