• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Everyone "reviewed" it in a closed environment, it needs to be reviewed based on what consumers get to play.
Bullshit. The game's been playable for awhile now with EA Access. This is the version people have been pre-ordering the game based on. Some 75% reduction because Reddit gave them a taste of their own medicine shouldn't give them higher review scores.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
'One thing I hope EA is addressing is Arcade rewards; after completing five challenges, I was alerted that I could no longer earn credits in this mode and that more would be available in 14 hours'

Lol this shit. This fuckery is lifted directly from f2p mobile games. EA you are the worst.

not_smiff

Oct 31, 2017
Man this hurts to see. I just wish they built on the older BF games instead of trying to reimagine them in a way that doesn't reach the heights this IP is capable of. But hey, it will sell great so all is well...

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Are you trying to convince yourself that you made a good purchasing decision or are you trying to get other people to buy the game too?

Don't need to convince myself. 77 is not a bad score (which I was pointing out because for some reason gamers think it is these days). And even the bad scores are saying the game is fun. I was a bit worried because I wanted the campaign to be fun, and the majority of the reviews I just read confirm it is indeed fun. I don't care if others buy the game.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
EA on the left, Disney on the right

giphy.gif

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
They need to delay this game, retool progression to be basic unlock system by playing the classes, remove this star cards bullshit and just pull a blizzard and remove the thing that is killing their game.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Probably shouldn't be using reviewers as guinea pigs for more testing. This is EA, a mega publisher in the industry. They should act like one.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reiner is, umm, not tweeting that positively about the game right now.

He suspects that they might have made the credits even harder to get and that would probably lead to a lower score.
Oh damn. Didn't know that.

The only thread I saw here was about the 75% reduction to the cost of heroes, not about reduced credit rewards per match.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
They must have a very different understanding of what "competitive" means than most people. Its main selling point is PvP. How isn't that competitive?
People used the same silly excuse with Battlefront 2015 whenever anyone brought up the horrid balance. You can still have a pick up and play arcade shooter with decent balance lol

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
Woah Woah Woah!

Hopefully just an error? They can't be this stupid right?
Haha, yeah, that has to be an error. They're cutting prices by 75% and reducing the end game credit reward by 75%, better give them another chance...

Maybe they missed a zero and meant that the end game reward is now 50000, that might justify taking another look at the balance of the economy alittle. Otherwise that guy's a total mark.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe now they'll revisit games with possibly interesting premises like 1313 and that other one they just canned. Or just make a game for gamers and not for the stockholders.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

So.....a press release saying 'the loot boxes aren't AS bad' is worth re-writing an entire review over for is the tone I'm getting?

I find myself curious as to what this will entail....

It also feels a little like 'I'm right because I'm not rushing out the gate', but that just admittedly be some schadenfreude on my part

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
Eurogamer:

In Battlefront 2 all future content drops and updates will be free, but its loot boxes most certainly are problematic, offering more than mere cosmetic enhancements, and instead giving players a chance at earning credits, crafting parts or Star Cards - all of which proffer an advantage on the battlefield. Pay to win? If you're flush enough, and impatient enough, you can spend your way to a suite of Star Cards and a horde of cash that could well give you the edge in a firefight.

There it is, for those still in doubt.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'One thing I hope EA is addressing is Arcade rewards; after completing five challenges, I was alerted that I could no longer earn credits in this mode and that more would be available in 14 hours'

Lol this shit. This fuckery is lifted directly from f2p mobile games. EA you are the worst.
Daily quests/rewards have their roots in MMO games, really. This is as much Blizzard's pioneering as it is the mobile sector's.

The alternative to this would be to drastically reduce the rewards for Arcade mode, so you'd basically have to play 20 rounds to get the same amount of credits.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Oh damn. Didn't know that.

The only thread I saw here was about the 75% reduction to the cost of heroes, not about reduced credit rewards per match.

Of course.

There's always a caveat with EA.

Someone mentioned they'll tone it back and ''fuck with us'' just a little bit less.

They reduced the cost but also reduced the credits earned.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Bullshit. The game's been playable for awhile now with EA Access. This is the version people have been pre-ordering the game based on. Some 75% reduction because Reddit gave them a taste of their own medicine shouldn't give them higher review scores.
The review event was even different from what was available on EA Access, so it wasn't what was being played.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We shouldn't really "blame" devs rather than discuss what led to it being less than stellar.

This is true. We don't know how much time they had to make it, or how much their budget was. Since they seemingly cobbled together MP maps into SP levels I would guess they were pressed on both fronts. EA likely just looked at a campaign as a box to check off on the "features we "need" in a $60 product" list.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'm not even a Star Wars fan but I am surprised just how inept EA's handling of this licence has been. You would have thought we would have been inundated with all types of games but nah. Hell some 3rd person action adventure bounty hunter rogue RPG type thingy and I could even have been interested.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People need to read more of Reiner's tweets. He definitely makes his issues with the game clear.

But, you know, shill/check cleared/etc....

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People need to read more of Reiner's tweets. He definitely makes his issues with the game clear.

But, you know, shill/check cleared/etc....

By read more of his Tweets, you mean people need to stop just posting his Tweets in here out of context.

Based solely on some of these Tweets, it looked like he was changing his review based solely on the 75% reduction. Without knowing more than that, one would assume that he's giving the game a better score due to EA reducing the cost of heroes.

Fuz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looks like the usual show of shills.

Gaming press has become absolutely useless nowadays, if not deleterious to the consumer.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
A more competent publisher would be able to release more than two games in a four year span - especially one with the resources of EA.
Lol what? Two games in a four year time span is absolutely reasonable for this industry. Especially for an IP lke SW which requires a ton of back and forth, What metric are you using for your post?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
By read more of his Tweets, you mean people need to stop just posting his Tweets in here out of context.

What I mean is that he says a lot about what he thinks of the game and the changes they are making. He is in no way hiding his opinion or sugarcoating the issues. He's just not posting a full review with a number on it yet.