nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So you're so delusional that you belive ND showcases finalized unscripted demos of games years out from release. Congrats on that.

Why ignore the second part of my post that literally directly discusses this point? Lol.

nib95 said:
Also, these demos are never final code, but they can be close to, eg they spend months polishing up a particular segment of the game for demo purposes, the mechanics, animations etc of which they can or do then transition to other parts of the game. Both the UC4 demo's are like 99% close to the retail versions of the said levels, so clearly they were pretty close to final code despite being so early on.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Does the MC have to look like Brad Pitt?
He looks like the guy playing him surprisingly enough.
image.jpg

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It releases in 5 months, which means that they would have to submit the launch game for certification etc. 2-3 months from now at the latest to Sony, MS etc.

So yeah, major changes would be a surprise (unless this demo is from an extremely old build).
Did everyone ITT forget that demos are sliced off from development and usually a much older build compared to what's at the studio>

Why ignore the second part of my post that literally directly discusses this point? Lol.
Something I literally said in the post you responded to initially before having your meltdown.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
I can't believe EA but Respawn in charge of a 3rd person Star Wars game and let BioWare make a looter shooter.

I love Star Wars but this game is doing nothing for me. :(

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
How in the world can a third person action game look so boring in the age of God of War, Sekiro, and Devil May Cry.

Im not writing it off yet though. Respawn made a stellar campaign for Titanfall 2. Maybe if the difficulty wasn't set for "e3 presentation easy" it would look a little more exciting.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
The last time I got this bored watching a short gameplay demo was Anthem.

Combat looks slow, dull and ridiculously easy, I swear the guy only took damage to show that you can take damage.

It looks like Sekiro by focus group or something, a Souls-like except there's zero challenge because you have superpowers and enemies go down in one hit. I understand being a Jedi is a power fantasy but this feels too imbalanced in your favour.

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
This looked really clunky and slow to me. Between the first trailer and now this one, I don't think this game would be for me.

Maybe the gameplay is better than what was showcased in this trailer, as in they didn't want to show off some of the more elaborate combat you could possibly achieve later in the game?

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
I laugh when the main char saw the map only to reveal the most linear level I've seen in recent years lol.

Game looks bad and clunky imo.
Apparently the map only shows where you've been with a fog of war. Revealing the whole map at the start of the level wouldn't be very fun would it?

You can even see side paths the player can take if you pay attention during the demo.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who remembers the old PC games of this type, I don't understand the negativity.

Of course it is not going to play or look like fucking Star Wars Battlefront.

JayBabay

Oct 25, 2017
California
Just watched it. My feelings are that this looks like a mash up of Uncharted and God of War. It works but the enemy AI needs to be vastly improved. More aggressive and substantial risk during battles. Some of the things you can do with force powers looked cool but they need to really up the pace to give a sense of chaos. It's like everything comes to a halt to display each move while everyone stands around.

More parrying and timed deflection would also help.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This is the exact opposite of my experience. I played on a 1X if it matters. Got all beads/memories and the Return ending, so I saw most of what the game has to offer. I had control frustrations all the way through.
Hmm. PC here. You aren't the first to mention this about the console versions, apparently they have some input lag? Shame if so.
Very skilled player...

Z6j3wnP.gif

Sorry, I just have to laugh at this dude getting hit a bajillion times.
Skilled players never whiff, confirmed

(I know you're joking, but it looks like he just whiffed and then ate a stunlock combo, not that he stood there to get hit multiple times)

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Very skilled player...

Z6j3wnP.gif

Sorry, I just have to laugh at this dude getting hit a bajillion times.
The Force is strong with this one.

Hmm. PC here. You aren't the first to mention this about the console versions, apparently they have some input lag? Shame if so.
I'm really curious to play the PC version and see if I notice a difference. I'd probably replay the whole game from scratch if it felt noticeably improved.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
This is the exact opposite of my experience. I played on a 1X if it matters. Got all beads/memories and the Return ending, so I saw most of what the game has to offer. I had control frustrations all the way through.
Honest question: do you enjoy fighting games? I can't understand how you can feel that a game is unresponsive if most attacks/actions need commitment. Wouldn't this ruin all fighting games for you?

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I thought this would look better considering that it ea only sigler player war game and single player game in general.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
When I think of AAA cinematic gameplay I think of something like this. Some AAA developers need to say fuck it and make a responsive game no matter how jarring the animation canceling looks.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Is it just me or is the lightsaber too damn quiet? It hardly hums or anything. Could have sworn it was missing a sound effect for turning off once or twice too.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Skilled players never whiff, confirmed

(I know you're joking, but it looks like he just whiffed and then ate a stunlock combo, not that he stood there to get hit multiple times)

Yep, still hilarious.

I'm more concerned with the lack of damage that did to him, but it's probably some special even Easier mode for demo purposes that in final release. He should be dead or close to dead after such a series of hits.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, still hilarious.

I'm more concerned with the lack of damage that did to him, but it's probably some special even Easier mode for demo purposes that in final release. He should be dead or close to dead after such a series of hits.
Yeah I'm almost 100% certain that this was on super easy mode. There for sure will be a mode that has damage closer to Dark Souls.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
In a world where Sekiro exists, this looks like a last gen action adventure game with better graphics.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
goof45jdn.png

The character rendering leaves something to be desired. Ian has never looked this goofy on Shameless!
Ya i noticed this too, especially on the Wookies. They look ... bad. No other way to put it. This gameplay video seemed fine, but I went from being SURE this game was going to be great, to being kind of skeptical. The gameplay wasn't particularly exciting.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
1313 is still the best gameplay reveal for a Star Wars game.

This looks fun. But the dude felt more like a Sith with all the brutal killing.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Honest question: do you enjoy fighting games? I can't understand how you can feel that a game is unresponsive if most attacks/actions need commitment. Wouldn't this ruin all fighting games for you?
I'm a lapsed Tekken player who used to be into loads of 3D fighting games. I'm also a huge action game fan.

Coming from that background, Sekiro felt off in a way I hadn't really experienced before. It felt like it was trying to be Ninja Gaiden and Bloodborne at the same time. Sekiro looks like the type of fast paced game I'm used to, but the timings felt off.

I really do wonder if console input lag is the culprit. I liked the game well enough, but I would have loved it if the controls felt better.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Im not that impressed with the combat so far. Too slow for me. I don't need/want Dark Souls like combat in a game about Star Wars Jedi from the director of God of War 3...

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Yep, still hilarious.

True. I do hope there's a proper hard mode. The cool Jedi powers will be moot if the game is too easy.

Quinton

Staff Writer at TheGamer / Reviewer at RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar, With Love
Honestly looks pretty good to me. But I can concede that if I wasn't a huge Star Wars fan I might not be so impressed.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looks promising. I dig it.

Then again I also enjoyed Battlefront 2, so I guess I'm easy to please when it comes to Star Wars games.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

baltikr1s

Banned
May 24, 2019
Reskinned Anthem engine with crippled Sekiro gameplay and some wanna be Uncharted vibes.
Western AAA at it finest.
This is genuinely hilarious.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Give me one boss fight in this game as good (and challenging) as Father Owl or Genichiro and I'll eat crow. I want to believe in this game, but...
lol, well, you know. Even if I'm cautiously optimistic for this game, I still don't expect it to be anywhere near the quality of a FromSoft game. FromSoft are just too damn good, is all.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
As someone who remembers the old PC games of this type, I don't understand the negativity.

Of course it is not going to play or look like fucking Star Wars Battlefront.

I also remember old SW games like this. Jedi Academy could still be peak of Force + Lightsaber combo use in combat, even after this is out.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Man that looked decidedly meh.

I loved Force Unleashed and this looks like a slightly visually upgrade Force Unleashed. Which is fine in and of itself.

But those games are how old now? 10 years plus? Like man, I kind of just trust Respawn implicitly thanks to Titanfall but that looked really really meh.