• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I mean, Microsoft started that war. You expect Sony not to secure exclusives for itself in kind?

It's like how you don't get a Joker before Batman started the escalation.
I knew this argument was coming... 🙄

Like Sony would've never done it, if Xbox didn't secure time exclusive deals aggressively during the 360 era. Those companies aren't our friends and Sony & Microsoft are more similar than some like to believe. Ask Nintendo fans who secured such deals before Xbox was a competitor. There is a certain japanese company starting with "S" that you know...

Neither Xbox or Sony started a "war". They both do those deals, because they want to do them and not because they got pushed by anyone to do them.

lmao 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
As long as this is PC on launch then its whatever. How did MS fuck up that bad though to lock not this down?

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck did Sony get exclusive publishing rights to a Star Wars game made by an EA-owned studio? (yes, I know bioware wasn't EA when KOTOR was released, but still)

That is weird as hell, holy shit. Sony must have thrown SO much money at Disney for this

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
Very curious to see how they'll handle the combat. The original system could probably work alright if they make the animations a bit flashier and maybe added some mobility to it.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I'm as hyped as anyone for KOTOR, it's my number one most wanted game and I freaked out when I saw it.

But seeing it be a bullshit timed exclusive money grab is just gross. I wish Sony would stop doing them, it's crap. At least PC gets the game, it's a PC game after all.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the only kind of remakes that interest me are Resident Evil and FFVII types of Remakes. From that I mean either changing the narrative, or completely changing how the game is structured, designed and plays. If all you're going to do is improve graphics and modernise the same combat, then I'm not really interested.

Also didn't Disney say all extended media is not canon anymore? (Outside of clone wars)
IIRC Disney has wanted to do something with Revan for a while, with rumors that Revan will be appearing in the upcoming 'The Acolyte" Disney+ series. It seems this remake is how they'll be reintroducing KOTOR to the canon.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Honestly, the only kind of remakes that interest me are Resident Evil and FFVII types of Remakes. From that I mean either changing the narrative, or completely changing how the game is structured, designed and plays. If all you're going to do is improve graphics and modernise the same combat, then I'm not really interested.

Also didn't Disney say all extended media is not canon anymore? (Outside of clone wars)

In case you missed it, https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rise-skywalker-revan-canon-sith-trooper-legion/

They are probably going to remake the canon for KOTOR in their own way

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck that's awesome. I've been kinda wanting to replay KOTOR with mods but maybe I'll just wait for this.

Hope the PC version has mod support.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So it's published by Sony but a timed exclusive? Bizarre.

Kayant

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
Hope the gameplay isn't turned based. I want a mix of kotor and Jedi fallen order.
Also still against these deals the console makers are pulling.

The original game was Real-Time Turned Based with the algorithm based on D&D 3.5.

Jedi Fallen Order and KOTOR are completely different types of games. A remake would probably be closer to the action and pace of the Mass Effect games then Fallen Order.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
I sadly know the twist, but I might still finally try to give it a shot. They should remaster and improve KOTR2 though. I think mods unearthed content that dramatically improve the game?

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
No one company started that war - console exclusives of third party titles have been a mainstay of the industry forever. It is just deeply disappointing that KotOR would be part of that, and for the platform holder that has not lineage with that franchise.

My post was calling out those who proclaim moral disdain at the prospect of Xbox making traditionally third party franchises exclusive, who are celebrating an Xbox/PC exclusive franchise being a timed exclusive somewhere else.

Imagine if FF7 Remake was announced as an Xbox timed exclusive? Era would explode

Remember when people would raise hell that Xbox trailers didn't make it clear that a game would be a timed exclusive or anything? To the point where Microsoft started playing a voice or adding information in the trailer detailing it is a timed exclusive.

But then we have this State of Play that's making it seem like it's never going to be any where else ever.

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
Excited for this game! Will see what system by the time it comes out. It was one of my childhood games cant remember how much time I played on it.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Keep the story (among the best on SW lore).
The gameplay will make or break this game, the last one was based on D&D and had more in common with Neverwinter Nights than an action game.

Exclusives still suck, tho.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like it would be easier to just say it's no releasing on xbox at launch. Guess they gotta use the magic word "exclusive" somewhere.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
In spite of my disappointment of the exclusivity, will absoloutely be getting a PS5 because of this game and the other announcements we saw today.

No one can do a show like Playstation - absolutely phenomenal

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So it's sounding like this is only timed (console) exclusive?

Some have pointed out that the Sony Interactive Entertainment branding is different from the typical PlayStation Studios branding used on games they fully publish. Microsoft did a similar thing with Rise of the Tomb Raider.