Dealbreaker?

• Absolutely. No Steam, no buy

• Nope, idc about launchers I just wanna play

• Nope, I play on console

• Nope, not planning on playing it anyways.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, can't get this thing working on my PC either lol.

After getting upset about this again when thinking of it yesterday, i returned to a thread in the support forum of my provider, where i dabbled in several solution attempts over the last few months. Lo and behold, there was a new suggestion that instantly worked for me. Maybe it can help you too:

Hey everyone, I also had this problem and after several possible solutions I found something that worked for me, namely changing the MTU to 1452.

Where can I find the MTU setting?

To find out if your MTU is set too high, do the following:

Open your command line and type "netsh interface ipv4 show interfaces".
Find the connection from which you want to change the MTU. Note the value under "Idx" (see picture).

Open the command line as admin. Now enter "netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface 11 mtu=1452 store=persistent". (replace 11 with your Idx number from above)

I changed MTU settings before, but on my router and that didn't change anything. This one did! It's stuff that shouldn't be any issue to the program normally, should easily be identifiable by Ubi and be easily solvable, but they are sooo incompetent regarding UbiConnect. That's why it's hated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Yup, can't get this thing working on my PC either lol.

I had this issue too, I ended up uninstalling it entirely, deleting the folder too, and then installing it again on a different drive, ended up working fine. Still hate that launcher though and even launching Ubisoft games from other launchers still launches it.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Don't really care about which launcher. But it's a Ubi game, so I'll probably grab it on a sale 6-9 months down the line.

Oski

Jun 15, 2023
France
There is a solution that solve all of these problems: do not give your money to a shitty corporation that breed and actively protect its culture of racism, sexism, sexual harassment, worker abuse. A corporation which has in the past installed a rootkit on hundred of thousands of computers.

Ignore their products, and move on to better ones.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
There is a solution that solve all of these problems: do not give your money to a shitty corporation that breed and actively protect its culture of racism, sexism, sexual harassment, worker abuse. A corporation which has in the past installed a rootkit on hundred of thousands of computers.

Ignore their products, and move on to better ones.

Oh shit yeah I totally forgot about that rootkit debacle. All that for a shitty feature nobody used.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Meh. This is mostly a non issue to me as a PC player. Do I prefer Steam? Ofc because I like consolidating my library to one launcher, and Steam is awesome in general.

But I'm not going to miss out on stuff like Dead Island 2 or AW2 because it's not on the launcher I prefer.

I'd probably just do what I did for EA PRO and SWJS, except for Ubi+.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
yea, wont buy until its on steam then.
even if you still have to run a minimal Connect version...
I wont buy any EA or Ubisoft games unless they are on steam.
Playing on Connect or Origin instead of Steam always feels like going from a sold festival to a village fair at 2 am... empty.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
yea, wont buy until its on steam then.
even if you still have to run a minimal Connect version...
I wont buy any EA or Ubisoft games unless they are on steam.
Playing on Connect or Origin instead of Steam always feels like going from a sold festival to a village fair at 2 am... empty.

The biggest problem people have is the lack of extra platform integrations that Steam provides (achievements/trading cards/points shop goodies etc) plus the singular library.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I won't be buying it if that's the only way.

Ubisoft have been trying to make their awful launchers a thing for over a decade.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I must admit I won't buy it unless its on Steam. I've got nothing against the Ubisoft launcher honestly, it's more of a convenience thing for me, and I have such a huge backlog of games on Steam already that I just don't need to go buying new games on other platforms. If it came to Steam though I'd probably add it to my library as the game does sound interesting.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
I guess they rebranded uplay at some point and I didn't even notice. Sucks, but also par for the course with Ubisoft.

Not interested in this game regardless.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Ouch...they're still doing this? This game looked awesome but I will be skipping it until it hits steam. The time of 3rd party launchers is over. I don't think they've realized that.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Ouch...they're still doing this? This game looked awesome but I will be skipping it until it hits steam. The time of 3rd party launchers is over. I don't think they've realized that.

The thing is, Steam still launches uPlay or Connect or whatever it's called whenever you play a Ubisoft title. The problem is availability on that platform, and I'm sure Ubisoft is trying to avoid losing a cut of the profits to Valve for their first licensed Star Wars (and Avatar) title.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Considering that Steam versions of their games still utilize the launcher, the change really is mostly that it becomes more of a chore to download and update the game. And it's a bit strange that they want to continue to confuse customers.

And as with any game thats being locked with launchers, DRM and server dependencies that one really doesnt want, it just puts additional emphasis on that the game needs to be a stand out title, otherwise it becomes very easy to skip it.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ubi's crap launcher is notably worse than Steam in two places for me.

1. Third party launchers cause havoc with the Deck. It's always fun when a game that worked perfectly well the day before won't start because the stupid launcher was updated.

2. I run Windows in a standard profile. Ubi's stupid app throws up a handful of UAC prompts every time the app or a game updates. I think this only applies to games purchased on Ubi's app and not through Steam. I'd test but I kinda stopped buying their launcher-locked games.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'd obviously prefer Steam, but 3rd party launchers are only an issue for me on the Steam Deck, and I doubt this game will run well on that anyways.

If I were playing on my Windows desktop I wouldn't care too much, but I'm not so excited about the game I couldn't wait for a Steam release. I still need to upgrade my PC anyways, so I'm in no rush.