• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game from the recommendations are you most interested in?

• The Martian

Votes: 52 14.9%
  • Far Cry: Trump's America

Votes: 92 26.4%
  • Hayao Miyazaki's mistake

Votes: 102 29.2%
  • Tinder Simulator

Votes: 31 8.9%
  • What Duke Nukem Forever should have been

Votes: 72 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017

Sure is tempting for that price but 8,20€ for shipping is killing it for me.

8.90 here in Austria. Seems a bit expensive, I agree. Still, getting it for 10€ seems like a fair price overall. It's a great piece of hardware.

It's not so much the price. Just wondering if something like this would be better enjoyed on a portable.
It would be perfect on Switch!
Sorry, not sure why I wrote that, just had the urge to, suddenly.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Steam Link is one of the best purchases I've made. Using it primarily to stream Netflix to my living room TV.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
They updated the Steam Link price. Is back to regular and you can get it for 1€ if you buy it in a bundle with Doom, Hollow Knight or Human Fall Flat. If you own all three of those games there is no savings for you available.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
debating how to list Origins in the 52 game thread, I rarely put dlc as seperate entries, especially not if I play everything in one go as one game, but having finished vanilla with everything done (lol) and reading that the dlcs are quite substancial, especially curse of the pharaohs (which HLTB lists 10 hours just for the main quest, 20+ for completionists which I am with this game) I feel like im doing a deservice to the dlc by not listing it seperate.

then again I'm already at 40 (well 41 with this) finished this year so its not like I wont complete the challenge, so I dunno... I'll probably list it as AC Origins Gold or soemthing with the cumulative time (which apparently will be north of 80 hours since im already at 60 after vanilla >_>)

first world problems I know.

edit: hmm but then I cant do detailed write up on each of the DLCs bah. Well I can but the whole thing will turn into an essay at that point.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
debating how to list Origins in the 52 game thread, I rarely put dlc as seperate entries, especially not if I play everything in one go as one game, but having finished vanilla with everything done (lol) and reading that the dlcs are quite substancial, especially curse of the pharaohs (which HLTB lists 10 hours just for the main quest, 20+ for completionists which I am with this game) I feel like im doing a deservice to the dlc by not listing it seperate.

then again I'm already at 40 (well 41 with this) finished this year so its not like I wont complete the challenge, so I dunno... I'll probably list it as AC Origins Gold or soemthing with the cumulative time (which apparently will be north of 80 hours since im already at 60 after vanilla >_>)

first world problems I know.

edit: hmm but then I cant do detailed write up on each of the DLCs bah. Well I can but the whole thing will turn into an essay at that point.
I know I'm listing all of Dark Souls 3 together once I'm done with Gael, I probably would only list separetly if it's a standalone dlc

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit random, but I'm playing through Ys: Ark of Napishtim right now, and man those achievment pictures look terrible:
6019ec19-bf83-4b8c-be30-11cb33b6598c.png

I mean, I guess I can respect it as a troll attempt. As in, showing how dumb achievements as a concept are by giving you lame MS Paint graphics as a reward.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I know I'm listing all of Dark Souls 3 together once I'm done with Gael, I probably would only list separetly if it's a standalone dlc

yeah im torn on the issue (the "issue" lol). For example, the Witcher 3 DLCs, if I ever get them and play them, would have to be lsited individually, as I alreay finished the Witcher 3 eons ago even tho they are not stand alone. But like I said before and you said, I do prefer to list it as 1 thing if I play it in one go, as "one game2 basically. The shit I worry about...

edit: another thing is that apparently each DLC is in a new region, as if the original map wasnt already ridiculously big, which makes them feel even more like seperate entries.

Last edited:

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
header.jpg

Finished Soma today. I'm not usually one for stuff like this but I actually really liked it.

I played it in safe mode but the story was of a high enough quality to keep me wanting more. There are still enemies in safe mode that will hurt you but they are quite sparse, I kinda wonder if their number is increased in normal mode but I won't be going through it again as I got what I wanted out of the game.
I'd heard some people say the game would be lacking in safe mode but certainly didn't feel that myself. Great use of sound kept me guessing and on my toes during sections where it turned out there were no enemies.
I bought this tier of the humble bundle on a whim, expecting to try and then bounce off Soma so I'm happily surprised that it stuck really well.

I might go with something a bit more uplifting next. I do have Rakuen from the same bundle but that's probably a bit too down, I'll get to it eventually. I still have Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I played it for about 2 hours but never restarted it, I need to get back there at some point.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
Hello, I am a bot! I come bearing 1 gifts from Revolver_Ocelot!

This is a first come first serve giveaway. The first user with a valid entry will win the prize!

How to Participate:

To enter this giveaway click here to send a private message to me, GiftBot, with the subject line entry.

In the message body, copy and paste the entire line below for the prize you wish to win. You are allowed only 1 entry per giveaway.

Available Prizes:

Millie -- GB-15087f45-4558-48f8-8842-2441ca2f21ae - Won by FeedMeAStrayCat

Last edited:

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm having the same framerate problems with Atelier Lydie & Suelle that I had with Firis. I have to drop the resolution from 1080 to 900 to get it to run at 60fps. Even then I still get a few random drops.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Does Valve announce anywhere when they change the currency exchange rates?

I've noticed 1 dollar is equivalent to 20 Argentine pesos now (up from 17.5) for items in the CS:GO internal store (and I assume the same is true for DOTA2 or TF2), however the store prices seem to be the same as before, which I assume is because those are set by publishers and not Valve.

I've noticed 1 dollar is equivalent to 20 Argentine pesos now (up from 17.5) for items in the CS:GO internal store (and I assume the same is true for DOTA2 or TF2), however the store prices seem to be the same as before, which I assume is because those are set by publishers and not Valve.

Valve in the marketplace uses realtime values for the exchanges, in the store they use a suggested exchange that they update rarely.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017

That just looks like it's using the direct conversion like the marketplace instead of having a regional price like the store, for their own games they seem to use a conversion of 1 dollar = 12 argie pesos

I never really used any game's internal store so i'm not sure

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
60 hours and 100% of AC Origins later, I jump straight into the first DLC not being burnt out at all... I guess I should start using Seahorse avatars and eating Koalas now :(

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Valve in the marketplace uses realtime values for the exchanges, in the store they use a suggested exchange that they update rarely.

Makes sense, it looks like they will be updating rates every few months. At least we get better prices before they do.

That just looks like it's using the direct conversion like the marketplace instead of having a regional price like the store, for their own games they seem to use a conversion of 1 dollar = 12 argie pesos

I never really used any game's internal store so i'm not sure

Yep, it seems to be the case.

Thank you both for your answers.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
I can vouch for the Steam Link as well. I bought it with the Steam Controller during the winter sale and am very happy with it. I heard WiFi connection can be spotty so I've always hardwired it, and have had almost no issues aside from some very rare stutters here and there.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, so Call of Juarez: The Cartel is delisted too, never got around to buy that one.

It's sucks anyway. Seriously.

That is sadly unknown at this point. As is ARIKA are a small team and they're betting everything on the PS4 ver. which is the only known ver. of the game atm.
If anything maybe one of the well renowed PC publishers could help with the PC/Steam release such as Ghostlight or Playism Games.

ARIKA said recently they want to do a PC version, I just don't think they have the manpower/budget even for that at launch.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

For gunslinger uplay is cheapest probably

https://store.ubi.com/us/call-of-juarez-gunslinger/56c4948388a7e300458b471e.html

It says "Activation: Automatically Added to Uplay Library" but "Bought that, and oddly enough, it doesn't download through Uplay. Instead, clicking download pulls up the "redeem key" window for Steam with the code automatically filled in!"

Reseller sites like G2A has Steam keys for Cartel about 3€. (Russian physical copies have Steam key, so probably from those)

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
for what it's worth i think the games will be back soon enough. I don't see any reason whatsoever to delist them unless it's about the publishing rights going to Techland, which would mean it's temporary.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Apologies, I have not been active here that much, a lot of personal issues rose up this month to respond to PM's so I do apologise.

STEAM | April2018 Recommendations

So far we have

Battletech
Farm Manager 2018
Extinction

If you want to go add a game for April, Please send me PM, new OP should be up in an hour or so.

GOTM has already been chosen by recommendations are still good to go, so be quick!

Oh btw:

CZmwtvf.png

The game of the month will focus on a game that a person from the community has chosen, the aim? try and complete this game before the month ends! (Send me a PM if you have completed the game.)

Endless Legends - eonden
Endless Legends is a 4x turn based game developed by Amplitude Studios. The setting is in the Endless Universe, where a previous civilization seeded the Universe and Dust (a sort of currency) is of great importance. Here we will be playing as different civilizations with completely different gamestyles over the control of the planet in a high fantasy setting.

As a 4x game, we could compare it with civilization, but there are some additional mechanics that add a lot: the units are much more customizable and can be equiped differently, the subspecies towns have different importance depending on the species you are playing, and more importantly the quest system, which generates different quest to tell you about the world you are living in, as well as adding some extra ways of ending the game. Seasons pay an important role in the game, and similar to GoT, winter duration can vary and will restrict your movement and production for some time.

So about the game of the month, I posted what I would consider "beating" the game, as it is a 4x and doesnt have a story, in the previous thread. But i can make a short summary:
-Play it for a short amount of time at least: 5h-10h (should be around 1 or 2 games)
-Write your opinion of the game, and if you enjoyed it.
I would also recommend to try some different races, as they can change the playstyle quite a bit.
Also, MRORANGE can you add Waking the tiger, the HoI4 dlc to the list? it seems to change the game a lot (similar to Stellaris 2.0)

People who have completed it:

Panda Pedinte

Last edited:

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
How do I change my phone number on Steam? My last phone was stolen and I got a new one, but I had to buy it with a new number. The Steam FAQ says I have to have access to the old number (which I don't).

Status
Not open for further replies.