• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 266 40.2%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 81 12.3%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.6%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 287 43.4%

• Total voters

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Last edited:

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Jokes aside I've heard Third Strike is thriving on Fightcade.

Not the same thing.

Fightcade has excellent netcode and a thriving playerbase, for 3rd Strike, ST, and many other games. Easy to have a good time there.

That is not the case with firing up SFIV and SFV, unless you're only interested in those games as singleplayer experiences.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I haven't touched SFV once since SF6's release. I wonder how loading times are on PS5. Probably still bad.

SF6 has its UI woes (the settings screen...) but at least everything is instant and responsive.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
Not the same thing.

Fightcade has excellent netcode and a thriving playerbase, for 3rd Strike, ST, and many other games. Easy to have a good time there.

That is not the case with firing up SFIV and SFV, unless you're only interested in those games as singleplayer experiences.
Oh I was being completely serious that 3rd Strike is looking like a really good alternative option. Everyones loving it.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Not the same thing.

Heavy disagree, I'm having a good time playing SFV online right now.

There's nobody in Third Strike I wanna Play more than Laura in SFV at the moment. (I played Akuma the most in my little time I 3S but I'm not trying to play any character that's also in 6 at the moment)

Plus Im putting off the struggle of setting up Fightcade.

Yeah the Internet can get crusty but I'm not having a hard time finding matches.

Last edited:

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I'd rather play SFV over third strike. late SFV is in a better state than 3s.

Rather play 6 than both tho
6 is the best fighting game I've ever played and one of the best multiplayer games ever.

It's just that I have 500 hours in the game and looking for variety.

A super fun thing about SFV is it as so many characters to Play against. A rarely run into the same character twice in a session

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
He has 2 specials that do this. His OD Psycho Blitz is also safe on block (-3) and you can cancel into SA2, or you can directly go into 2LP 5LP 5LP 214MP. Or just get thrown. At best you get to blow through even more drive gauge by doing a DR Reversal. And that medium DOES push you, so most of your quick responses aren't going to do much or may just whiff outright.

every character has -3 moves lol. I've also run into players in diamond that can reliably DI 5HP->OD flicker. You can also parry it and Ed can't even reach you with his jab.

Ed is pretty solidly mid tier. He just has knowledge checks like everyone else.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't touched SFV once since SF6's release. I wonder how loading times are on PS5. Probably still bad.

SF6 has its UI woes (the settings screen...) but at least everything is instant and responsive.

Its still bad on the PS5. I ended up setting up SFV on my PC just to have a version where I dont spend forever waiting for the game to load...

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Is there anyone still playing Ranked in SFV? I can only imagine you're trading points with like the same 5 other people and Idom.
I'm bronze I'm not running into idom 😂. And yeah people still play. The daily peak is 287 on steam and there's cross play (I play on PS5)

You absolutely can run into the same person in a session but its usually only once per session and pretty diverse between sessions.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing infrequently enough to not burn out, but yo where is Akuma. I HAVE to believe this second year is gonna be a bigger blowout in terms of content.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect anything more than 4 and let yourself be pleasantly surprised if they manage 5.
If the battlehub focus has not been panning out though I would expect a shift in content focus to go to the main fighting cast. But I don't really know to all of us in a bubble we probably feel the avatar stuff doesn't really do it but maybe there is a casual base larger than we really know actually engaging with it all and also spending money.

Xingularity

Aug 31, 2020
Not the same thing.

Isn't SF4 online still populated considering how SMUG is still doing videos on that?

KENMASTERS1

Apr 9, 2021
I'd be happy with Dudley being added however after making Ed a full on boxer now I think its unlikely we'd see Dudley so soon, if ever in sf6
lets be real, Ed's playstyle does not represent full on boxing in the slightest - that's geared more toward Balrog & Dudley, so it's very likely another boxer can show up at some point. Just because there's one existing boxer on the roster doesn't mean there can't be another

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I've been playing in the battle hub lately, and while it's fun having the avatar for the cabinets and everything, the avatar battles need some kind of equalizer effect to be worth anything. They take forever and my dude is like level 10 so it's total blowout every time lol.

Unless I'm just missing something!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing in the battle hub lately, and while it's fun having the avatar for the cabinets and everything, the avatar battles need some kind of equalizer effect to be worth anything. They take forever and my dude is like level 10 so it's total blowout every time lol.

Unless I'm just missing something!
Avatar battles arent balanced, so basically you need to level up in WT mode else you basically cant compete. I had the exact same issues you did!

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
lets be real, Ed's playstyle does not represent full on boxing in the slightest - that's geared more toward Balrog & Dudley, so it's very likely another boxer can show up at some point. Just because there's one existing boxer on the roster doesn't mean there can't be another
Yep, there's always a chance Balrog could come back, he is a sf2 character after all

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's funny. Every time I see someone play Ryu I'm, like, why would you play that guy?

Then I mess around with him in training mode and I'm, like, why wouldn't you play that guy?

His 3rd outfit is sooo good and his moves are genuinely cool in motion. Hope they make the shotos more on par with each other in S2, though I don't think Ryu will ever lose the image of the underpowered, generic guy.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
It's funny. Every time I see someone play Ryu I'm, like, why would you play that guy?

Then I mess around with him in training mode and I'm, like, why wouldn't you play that guy?

His 3rd outfit is sooo good and his moves are genuinely cool in motion. Hope they make the shotos more on par with each other in S2, though I don't think Ryu will ever lose the image of the underpowered, generic guy.
Felt the same about Akuma.

He was the least Instresting of the 4 DLC characters for me.

Then a month or 2 ago I played him in SF4 ,SFV , third strike and Tekken 7

I get it now

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Man, I got nothing against modern controls/players, but I swear these folks in Diamond are all the same.
They all do nothing but DR throw and DR combos, quickly burn themselves out, then die to burn-out chip, fake frame traps (because they forget they're more minus in BO), or a blocked last resort wake-up super/DP. It's relatively easy wins, but I fear I'm developing bad habits playing them constantly lol

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

Yup.

The only thing stopping Dudley and Balrog from being playable is if the devs simply aren't interested in making them playable.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing so many 5-0s in the Era Kumite makes me want to revisit the idea of league separated ranbat even more. Tournaments are dope, but it's an event to give people a chance to play their best and not one that necessarily encourages growth (although you can absolutely grow form playing in tournaments). The appeal for me doing a league separated ranbat is getting people of similar strengths to regularly play and compete against each other while also helping pull each other up and get stronger.

Problem is ranbats are higher commitment for both the the people participating and the ones running it lol. A dedicated discord would be helpful, but I kind of hate how much fgc stuff is locked behind different discords. I would like to keep things on the forum as much as possible, so even people not participating in the ranbat or people from other groups can help each other out. Maybe this is just my "old man yelling at a cloud" moment lol

I'm envisioning 4 - 6 players per group playing against everyone once a week every week for 4 -6 weeks. Would 6 FT5s a week be too much to commit to for the average working adult? Maybe just FT2 or 3s would be better. The players with the most points at the end of the 4 -6 week period would be the winners of their group. Maybe they then can participate in a mini tournament featuring all the winners as a chance to show off? Could also be the top 2 of each group.

I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions. I'm just rambling at this point lol

Oh and I think I'll do another Era Kumite next month. I think I like it as a monthly sort of deal.

Last edited: