• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 278 41.1%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 83 12.3%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 290 42.8%

• Total voters

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Perfect how the trailer drops right when I get back home from work!
Super excited and I kind of hope it ends with an akuma teaser.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Even more than the trailer I'm mostly looking forward to the PlayStation blog that drops at the same time.

They're always well written and informative about the characters and design

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
adding those street fighter power ranger costumes in every game except street fighter lol

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
Such a dearth of content for Fighting Grounds that I am actually excited for ...*gulp* Ed. Ugh. Maybe I should hang out more in the Battle Hub . That seems to be where most of the cool shit goes..

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I have a really dumb, specific thing that I'm curious about that I don't know where to ask, but I figure people in this thread who know more about fighting games might be able to answer; Are air normals consistent across most fighting games?

As in, Street Fighter is consistent across the cast that medium aerials will hit horizontally, while heavies will hit at a downward angle. Killer Instinct swaps this, mediums hit down and heavies go horizontal. Is Street Fighter's setup consistent across most fighting games, or is it a toss-up which series does what?

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
As in, Street Fighter is consistent across the cast that medium aerials will hit horizontally, while heavies will hit at a downward angle. Killer Instinct swaps this, mediums hit down and heavies go horizontal. Is Street Fighter's setup consistent across most fighting games, or is it a toss-up which series does what?
I wouldn't say it's consistent because the concept of "mediums" isn't consistent accross fighting games to begin with - 6 button fighters were more of a Capcom and SF clones thing, with 4 button fighters not bothering with doing mediums super often since their solutions for it were pretty jank like holding a button or pressing two buttons - but from my experience heavier moves tend to angle downwards for jump-ins while lighter moves tend to either be used for cross ups or air to airs so they're angled higher.

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
Such a dearth of content for Fighting Grounds that I am actually excited for ...*gulp* Ed. Ugh. Maybe I should hang out more in the Battle Hub . That seems to be where most of the cool shit goes..

The best thing about the battle hub is being able to play against all levels of players easily. Other than that, you're not missing much. Some of the outfits are cool, but paying for them isn't worth it (unless you want to show off).

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about the battle hub is being able to play against all levels of players easily. Other than that, you're not missing much. Some of the outfits are cool, but paying for them isn't worth it (unless you want to show off).
The stuff you get from world tour is much expansive and can be dyed. Only thing I have ever bought from the shop is the katana.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
So where do stand with Christie (Eddy derivative that she is) then?

If she's supposed to be Afro-Brazilian they're doing the most subtle job
latest

White presenting Black people exist, but it's hardly representation when a character is this ambiguously coded. Like Laura is a very fair skinned Afro-Brazilian fighting game character, but at least she has the cornrows and the unambiguously negro sibling to communicate it.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
If that render is from where I think it is (Tekken Mobile), then that's Christie looking lighter than usual. That game whitewashed the heck out of several characters.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If she's supposed to be Afro-Brazilian they're doing the most subtle job
latest

White presenting Black people exist, but it's hardly representation when a character is this ambiguously coded. Like Laura is a very fair skinned Afro-Brazilian fighting game character, but at least she has the cornrows and the unambiguously negro sibling to communicate it.
Christie is indeed supposed to be Afro-Brazilian like Eddy. But……yeah, can't argue with the rest of your point. Though to be fair, that's the most light-skinned render of her. She thankfully isn't nearly as pale in-game or even in SFxT.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
If that render is from where I think it is (Tekken Mobile), then that's Christie looking even more ethnically ambiguous than usual. That game whitewashed the heck out of several characters.

Christie is indeed supposed to be Afro-Brazilian like Eddy. But……yeah, can't argue with the rest of your point. Though to be fair, that's the most light-skinned render of her. She thankfully isn't nearly as pale in-game or even in SFxT.

Even if we count whitewashed Christie, two Black women in 30 years is shameful.

Street Fighter only having three Black women (or four counting Menat's North African melanin) is shameful too.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I never said it wasn't ideal, I was just pointing out Tekken had more than Master Raven. None of these franchises are batting a thousand in terms of quantity even if we're gradually making some progress. It took Mortal Kombat ten mainline games to get a Black woman from Earthrealm. Jade and Tanya were looking a little whitewashed circa 2015/16 as well.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I never said it wasn't ideal, I was just pointing out Tekken had more than Master Raven. None of these franchises are batting a thousand in terms of quantity even if we're gradually making some progress. It took Mortal Kombat ten mainline games to get a Black woman from Earthrealm. Jade and Tanya were looking a little whitewashed circa 2015/16 as well.
Not to mention SEGA whitewashing the hell out of Vanessa.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
What is Ed's stage? Is he a pure boxer? Does he use Soul Power? Does he use regular special move inputs? What's going on with Neo Shadaloo?

I'm so excited. 15 minutes to go!