• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I'm not sure I understand, why is the 18th a more practical day for key generation than any other day prior ? does those platform only allow key generation to be made x number of days prior to the game release ?
You order keys well ahead of time and they arrive when your account manager tells them they'll arrive. Console keys are not an instant process and afaik always need human approval in my limited experience.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I understand, why is the 18th a more practical day for key generation than any other day prior ? does those platform only allow key generation to be made x number of days prior to the game release ?
I think he is just talking about sending out the keys if they do it now they would have to be active. They can't send them out and then turn them on on the 18th. Realistically Yetee should already have the keys waiting until the 18th to generate thousands of keys would be a little crazy.

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I just sent an email asking what was going on and explainibg that i had already paid shipping, and that others were already getting their games. Shortly after that the game was sent.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
I had a lot of pages to comb through so I may well have missed this, but has anyone put together some impressions yet that's put some time in since the patch dropped yesterday? The impressions I did notice while skimming around did seem positive (but very early yet). I only played on Suikoden game years and years ago (the first one) and I have really no functional memory of it, so I'm going in basically like it's a new IP/JRPG entirely but I like the way it looks and the gameplay seems right up my alley, so I'm pretty excited for next week so far.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Germany, still nothing here, no dispatch, no emails, Unfulfilled.
They also aren't answering to mails at all.

KhrossSF

Jul 8, 2020
Played for about a good 4hours and got to the first "go find some recruits" area. Im so thankful i cant walk into every building because ive been searching for characters in every nook and behind anything i can walk behind

DeadMoonKing

Nov 6, 2017
JP version, but in SoCal. I paid for shipping as soon as I could.
No shipping info or anything.
I guess they're shipping the JP versions somewhere in the US first then sending from there.
Gonna be a while yet I reckon...

IonMagus

Feb 18, 2021

I will probably just open a Paypal case to get the attention of the Yetee if they dont get their hads out of their asses in a few days. I contacted them twice and got no answer at all

Oct 27, 2017
I backed but I missed the email where I could pay for shipping and confirm my address, is there somewhere I can go to do that? edit: nm got it

tjh282

May 29, 2019
So I backed this mostly off what I heard about Suikoden, having not actually played any entry in the series. Is there going to be any reason to use the other 94+ characters or once you get your 6 you like, the others have no combat gameplay relevance?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
So I backed this mostly off what I heard about Suikoden, having not actually played any entry in the series. Is there going to be any reason to use the other 94+ characters or once you get your 6 you like, the others have no combat gameplay relevance?

The 100 characters are all, more or less, viable in combat. I try to experiment with ones I don't usually play with whenever I do a replay of Suikoden 1, but I almost always end up settling on the same ones I like lol

If you're worried about finding one later that you like, but they're underleveled, it's easy to get them caught up at least.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
if its anything like Suikoden then half the characters won't be playable

A lot just open shops and do stuff at your base

Mar 11, 2020
I had a lot of pages to comb through so I may well have missed this, but has anyone put together some impressions yet that's put some time in since the patch dropped yesterday? The impressions I did notice while skimming around did seem positive (but very early yet). I only played on Suikoden game years and years ago (the first one) and I have really no functional memory of it, so I'm going in basically like it's a new IP/JRPG entirely but I like the way it looks and the gameplay seems right up my alley, so I'm pretty excited for next week so far.
I mean patch is good but we don't fully know what changed. I played a lot yesterday after the patch and it fixed a few nitpicks i had right away. Idk what the progression breaking thing is and there is absolutely no info to know if it did actually fix it or not, I did start playing before that patch but didn't get super far yet. I honestly would like to know what it is and if it would affect the physical copy not updated though and if it can just be manually avoided.

I can tell you party chats now have a sound indicating they are happening, it's minor but that's a huge plus for me. It still should have a log though as it's still easy to miss them if you aren't paying full attention.

I have run into that bug where the Dash Boots accessory appears to affect cutscenes and it's so bizarre cause it's like it animates faster but they aren't moving faster so whatever system animates for movement isn't taking into account it's in a cutscene or not and it looks absurdly hilarious. I just took them off for now and i move slower but whatever, taking my time more with the game is good i guess. Even with them off though there are some moments where i'm not sure cause a character runs so fast in a cutscene lol, but it def was affecting with them on.

Other than that, game itself is amazing. Plot really ramps up fairly fast past the first dungeon. There's a lot of backtracking if you are trying to collect everyone as i haven't unlocked a lot of the systems that let you move around faster like teleporting yet, but usually these games you have to find the person that unlocks that feature. It truly is a Suikoden game in all but name and it's fucking amazing so far, bugs and all.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Hope there won't be too many missable, really want to play this day 1 but don't want to miss stuff.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Took me awhile to find this thread but I made it!

My steam copy is on the way .... I have no idea why I opted for a steam physical copy (which is likely a code in a box i guess?) but here we are

Loved what I played of the Backer demo and somewhat regretted it since I put almost 10 hours in! How long is that demo?!?!?!

Anyways I have no idea if the save file will transfer but if not then I don't mind going through it again. Very fun game so far and runs pretty good on the Steam Deck!

Majunior

Jun 20, 2019
I mean patch is good but we don't fully know what changed. I played a lot yesterday after the patch and it fixed a few nitpicks i had right away. Idk what the progression breaking thing is and there is absolutely no info to know if it did actually fix it or not, I did start playing before that patch but didn't get super far yet. I honestly would like to know what it is and if it would affect the physical copy not updated though and if it can just be manually avoided.

I can tell you party chats now have a sound indicating they are happening, it's minor but that's a huge plus for me. It still should have a log though as it's still easy to miss them if you aren't paying full attention.

I have run into that bug where the Dash Boots accessory appears to affect cutscenes and it's so bizarre cause it's like it animates faster but they aren't moving faster so whatever system animates for movement isn't taking into account it's in a cutscene or not and it looks absurdly hilarious. I just took them off for now and i move slower but whatever, taking my time more with the game is good i guess. Even with them off though there are some moments where i'm not sure cause a character runs so fast in a cutscene lol, but it def was affecting with them on.

Other than that, game itself is amazing. Plot really ramps up fairly fast past the first dungeon. There's a lot of backtracking if you are trying to collect everyone as i haven't unlocked a lot of the systems that let you move around faster like teleporting yet, but usually these games you have to find the person that unlocks that feature. It truly is a Suikoden game in all but name and it's fucking amazing so far, bugs and all.
How would you rate the story?

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017

Earlier would have been nice, but they promised 3 days before the release date, so there is still time.

I'm waiting for more impressions regarding the technical state of the game. Might finish Ronin first before starting this one.

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
I've never played Suikoden so I don't really have anything to go off of but has anyone mentioned if you can "spend time" with different characters ala other JRPGs like Persona? Obviously it won't be as in depth as those games but I'm curious if that feature is there at all?

miquella

Dec 11, 2022
𝖊𝖑𝖕𝖍𝖆𝖊𝖑
I've never played Suikoden so I don't really have anything to go off of but has anyone mentioned if you can "spend time" with different characters ala other JRPGs like Persona? Obviously it won't be as in depth as those games but I'm curious if that feature is there at all?

Dont know if this one, on Suikoden games you can trigger different scenes in side content like the headquarters baths, theatre etc each character also had their unique storyline in their recruitment plotline, some would be very brief and others more elaborated

tjh282

May 29, 2019
The 100 characters are all, more or less, viable in combat. I try to experiment with ones I don't usually play with whenever I do a replay of Suikoden 1, but I almost always end up settling on the same ones I like lol

If you're worried about finding one later that you like, but they're underleveled, it's easy to get them caught up at least.

Thanks for the helpful responses!

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
So the digital codes will be out as of April 18 @ 8am EDT/9pm JST..... I wonder how long The Yetee will take to make that happen.

I thought I was going to be fine with playing this game in April, only I'm now stuck in late game grinding for Persona 3, and only just got to Corel in FFVII Rebirth, so... Yeah, I badly planned this out.

Mar 11, 2020

Yes this is def the case. Idk exact numbers, but i already have quite a few that aren't playable but you recruit for base management stuff, some are support only so they give you an effect to your party. You can have one support person selected per party it seems, dunno if that changes later cause some supports seem very convenient to limit to one at a time.

Last edited:

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

You might get a LITTLE bit of insight based on dialogue they give if they're in the party during certain scenes, but most of it will be stuff you glean whenever you do side-activities/mini-games with the characters around your base.

If you're looking for something as in depth as Social Links, I don't think you'll be satisfied here.

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing has been kind of a mess.

Backer #49, I went for Switch physical. Switch physical is delayed until mid-May, but we get a Switch code... on launch day? I was looking forward to playing this week.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
We don't know when the codes will be delivered, but they said 72 hours before launch for backers which would be 4/20 or in four more days. So, just wait and see?

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Nowa's interactions with the magical girl are so entertaining. Hopefully I can get a full squad of magical girls and Nowa.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing has been kind of a mess.

Backer #49, I went for Switch physical. Switch physical is delayed until mid-May, but we get a Switch code... on launch day? I was looking forward to playing this week.

We don't know when the codes will be delivered, but they said 72 hours before launch for backers which would be 4/20 or in four more days. So, just wait and see?

The most recent backer email said codes would be distributed on the 18th, before the 72h early access starts (the timing of which is platform dependent).

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
They finally answered to my first E-Mail from Friday.

"Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and thank you for your patience as we work through emails. A label has been created and your order is being processed for shipment. Below is a link to track your package-

httpsXXX

Please allow 24 hours for tracking to update."

And just minutes before that there was indeed a label created.

Now this is all a bit sus, does that mean they finally got to work and finally tried to send off my game because of my E-Mail? The timing is kinda weird. Like they read that and then went like "Oh yeah, this should get going too" What if I didn't write them? 🤔

But now there is a different problem. Any other Germans or Europeans here with a fresh DHL code and a delivery that's still at label created or on it's way??
For whatever reason, and it SHOULDN'T be like this. When I try to enter the postal code for the recipient for more informations, it says it's wrong. Now I'm scared if it's even really coming to me. This should always work as far as I know even if it's still in the label created status.

Is this working for anyone else correctly here?

H0VfnH.png

Last edited:

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017

I've seen some people on Steam installing retail copies today. I wonder how they're getting theirs?

The most recent backer email said codes would be distributed on the 18th, before the 72h early access starts (the timing of which is platform dependent).

Fingers crossed.

IonMagus

Feb 18, 2021

"Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and thank you for your patience as we work through emails. A label has been created and your order is being processed for shipment. Below is a link to track your package-

httpsXXX

Now this is all a bit sus, does that mean they finally got to work and finally tried to send off my game because of my E-Mail? The timing is kinda weird. Like they read that and then went like "Oh yeah, this should get going too" What if I didn't write them? 🤔

But now there is a different problem. Any other Germans or Europeans here with a fresh DHL code and a delivery that's still at label created or on it's way??
For whatever reason, and it SHOULDN'T be like this. When I try to enter the postal code for the recipient for more informations, it says it's wrong. Now I'm scared if it's even really coming to me. This should always work as far as I know even if it's still in the label created status.

H0VfnH.png

Lmao I got a message too and my order was apparently transmitted to DHL the exact same time as yours (lol). When my enter my Postal code it shows my Name and everything tho. Also that its being handeled by Black Screen Records

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
It's not that easy at all. On consoles and Steam, you can only set one activation date per product, for example. They would need to host a backer version with one date and a non-backer version with the public date, which basically would double all submission work if the platform holders would even approve it. Patches would need to be published separately for each version as well. Not worth the work.
They have to be doing that already though? Backer and standard versions have different unlock dates. You can preorder the game right now and it'll sit in your library waiting to be unlocked, so that needs to be a different version than what backers are getting.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017

"Hello,

httpsXXX

H0VfnH.png
What a pisstake if we've gotta message them to get any information on shipment? If that even is your shipping code and not some other random joes lmao.

What a utter mess.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Legit don't understand why digital unlock is on Apr 20 when physical copies arrived for some folks like a week ago. Why not unlock it sooner? I get that it's hard to pivot on an established distribution strategy, but why were they planned so far apart. If the game is gold and some buyers can play their physical copies now, what is the harm in having digital copies be playable now?

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
Legit don't understand why digital unlock is on Apr 20 when physical copies arrived for some folks like a week ago. Why not unlock it sooner? I get that it's hard to pivot on an established distribution strategy, but why were they planned so far apart. If the game is gold and some buyers can play their physical copies now, what is the harm in having digital copies be playable now?
The digital unlock date was already set ahead of time by R&B/505, then The Yetee fucked things up by sending some physical copies way too early and others way too late. It wasn't planned to turn out the way it did.

R&B is working on another patch for early access and are still saying that playing it before that can cause issues. They obviously didn't intend for the game to be available already.

Last edited:

Ingueferroque

Dec 26, 2023
New York, NY

It is frustrating.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

I swear it said the 18th in the last email I got

Is it variable?

Digital Edition Backers

We will begin distributing game keys on April 18, 8AM (EST)/April 18, 9PM (JST). As with the beta version, you will be able to obtain your serial code for the downloadable version by logging into The Yetee Productions Eiyuden Hub.

Shoot so maybe its just the code distribution?