• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
I swear it said the 18th in the last email I got

Is it variable?

Digital Edition Backers

We will begin distributing game keys on April 18, 8AM (EST)/April 18, 9PM (JST). As with the beta version, you will be able to obtain your serial code for the downloadable version by logging into The Yetee Productions Eiyuden Hub.

Shoot so maybe its just the code distribution?
It's just code distribution. A couple updates ago they said codes would be distributed last week, but The Yetee apparently didn't get the memo (They told me yesterday that codes wouldn't be distributed until the 20th).

I'm glad an earlier date has been established now, just for the additional leeway if (when) The Yetee runs into problems getting the codes out.

DeadMoonKing

Nov 6, 2017
The 100 characters are all, more or less, viable in combat. I try to experiment with ones I don't usually play with whenever I do a replay of Suikoden 1, but I almost always end up settling on the same ones I like lol

Me too!
Endgame for 1 is almost invariably, Tir, Fliktor (>_>), Pesmerga, Valeria and Clive w/Double Beat and whole ton of LCK up boosts!

I can't wait to see who I dig in Eiyūden!

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
They have to be doing that already though? Backer and standard versions have different unlock dates. You can preorder the game right now and it'll sit in your library waiting to be unlocked, so that needs to be a different version than what backers are getting.
The user was asking why a digital code for a platform couldn't have an unlock date for backers, and also support a separate unlock date for the public on the same product (two unlock dates). I don't believe that's how they're doing things now because you can't do that afaik. You can provide a key that unlocks the game right away (often nicknamed "review keys"), or a key that gives a product with the same release day as everyone else. You can't have a key with two backend-driven unlock timings though, there's only one unlock timing per product. If they're doing something different on Steam, that's cool, I can only speak for console stuff.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I just started this up today. What are everyone's thoughts on Magic now using MP rather than the Vancian style stocks per level that Suikoden games used instead?

While it probably makes me feel less restrictive on spells I want to cast for normal battles. I used to spare my spell stocks for strictly Boss fights in Suikoden 1 and 2. The only exception was stuff like Darkness rune and some of the less costly Fire Rune spells for wiping out large enemy groups.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it safe to play this now, just got my copies for ps4/5 and wanted to start this up.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
The user was asking why a digital code for a platform couldn't have an unlock date for backers, and also support a separate unlock date for the public on the same product (two unlock dates). I don't believe that's how they're doing things now because you can't do that afaik. You can provide a key that unlocks the game right away (often nicknamed "review keys"), or a key that gives a product with the same release day as everyone else. You can't have a key with two backend-driven unlock timings though, there's only one unlock timing per product. If they're doing something different on Steam, that's cool, I can only speak for console stuff.

That's exactly what they've said is happening though. Codes are being distributed on the 18th, but they say the game will not unlock until the 20th, time depending on the platform.

Then the regular release isn't until the 23rd. And digital deluxe unlocks on the 21st.

So there's clearly multiple different unlock dates scheduled.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Finally got my copy. Although the disc is loose inside. Crazy that the initial release date they were targeting was October 2022.

View: https://imgur.com/a/64fmd7i

Kickstarter requires all projects to have an estimated delivery date just to even launch a campaign. If developers weren't required to put a date down, I'm sure most video game related crowdfunding campaigns would have a date of TBD.

Development is anything but predictable. Not that I'd expect any developer even with a good timeline and project planning could predict a projects scope and development timeline that far in advance.

Mar 11, 2020
The digital unlock date was already set ahead of time by R&B/505, then The Yetee fucked things up by sending some physical copies way too early and others way too late. It wasn't planned to turn out the way it did.

R&B is working on another patch for early access and are still saying that playing it before that can cause issues. They obviously didn't intend for the game to be available already.
Nah main patch is out according to the main discord. There might still be a patch for some bugs but the big progression one is out now. Still don't know exactly what the progression issue even was though but i assume it's baked in the physical version 🫤

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Didnt receive any email for the shiping, now i saw the update on kickstarter.... what i must do now to get my physical copy ?

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
Nah main patch is out according to the main discord. There might still be a patch for some bugs but the big progression one is out now. Still don't know exactly what the progression issue even was though but i assume it's baked in the physical version 🫤
From today's update:
Regarding Patch Support

We are currently working on additional patches to fix newly discovered bugs and make improvements based on feedback received during the closed beta in time for the 72-hour backer's early access.

Please be aware that if you play the game without this patch then bugs may remain in your save data that may affect your ability to complete the game. We ask that you kindly wait for this patch to be distributed before playing.
It's possible that this was written before the previous patch went live, but there's no way to know for sure and "patches" is plural there. The Discord doesn't know any more about the patches than we do here.

It might still be fine and you can keep playing if you want, but it's obvious they didn't intend on people playing this version of the game. The question was why won't they unlock the game earlier for digital backers, and the answer is because they're still working on it.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From today's update:

It's possible that this was written before the previous patch went live, but there's no way to know for sure and "patches" is plural there. The Discord doesn't know any more about the patches than we do here.

It might still be fine and you can keep playing if you want, but it's obvious they didn't intend on people playing this version of the game. The question was why won't they unlock the game earlier for digital backers, and the answer is because they're still working on it.
It's also unclear whether they mean the recent patch or the upcoming patch when they say "this patch".

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Interesting how one series can influence another in minor ways. In Suikoden, Runes and characters that could use them were limited based on certain stat values. Like the higher INT / MAG stat allowed more Rune slots. Head, Left, and Right hand for instance. Some characters only ever getting a single Rune slot for example.

The Legend of Heroes series uses something called and Orbment which can be equipped with different color stones called Quartz for spell casting. Red Quartz is usually Fire, Blue is Water, Green is Wind, and so on.
15-ThyZ1Ea.png

In Eiyuden, a Rune-Lens is basically an Orbment and you can insert Runes in the Lens slot for various skills and spell casting abilities.
PNfQd2z.jpeg

Only thing I don't know is if the different Slots can linked for elemental affinities or something. I like this because this means characters can use more than 3 Runes (the limit of Suikoden's Left Arm, Right Arm, and Head restriction). I want to explore this more and see how this works out.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
That's exactly what they've said is happening though. Codes are being distributed on the 18th, but they say the game will not unlock until the 20th, time depending on the platform.

Then the regular release isn't until the 23rd. And digital deluxe unlocks on the 21st.

So there's clearly multiple different unlock dates scheduled.
Ohhh, I see, I was misunderstanding something. I thought the initial fellow I replied to was saying codes were valid now, but there should also be multiple unlock dates (not possible on one product). I did not understand that the codes were not valid now either. In that sense, yes, there can be multiple dates (product availability and release date), but all I was explaining was you can't have multiple release dates on one product.

Digital Deluxe is legitimately a separate product though, yeah. Sorry if all I've done is spread confusion, just wanted to share how inflexible the backends can be and how some of these things are often rigid and bothersome without significant planning in advance.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Got my copy in the mail today!

Loving the game so far!

When do the Physical Goods get shipped? At a later date?

All I received in the mail was the game, and no other items.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hate to break it to some of you, but you didn't preorder the game four years ago. You gave R&B some money, with literally no strings attached, for them to help fund a game being made. They could have gone bankrupt, or the game could never have been finished, or they could have fucked off to Okinawa to retire.
Sure, but those don't change them being incompetent liars. I think it's not really preposterous to be upset and vent when being lied to.

Last edited:

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
But now there is a different problem. Any other Germans or Europeans here with a fresh DHL code and a delivery that's still at label created or on it's way??
For whatever reason, and it SHOULDN'T be like this. When I try to enter the postal code for the recipient for more informations, it says it's wrong. Now I'm scared if it's even really coming to me. This should always work as far as I know even if it's still in the label created status.

Is this working for anyone else correctly here?

H0VfnH.png

My postal code still doesn't work, I think they really f'd up my delivery (or gave me the wrong tracking number) .😭😭😭
And I can't even do shit now because they only answer like once a week or so. 😓

H0NfTx.jpeg

Timodus

Oct 27, 2017
After 24h it still says: "Ready to send" 😒

"Wed, April 17, 2024, 12:30 p.m., Cologne, Germany. The international shipment was handed over to DHL and is being prepared for onward transport to the destination country/area."

Finally. There's still a small amount of hope that it'll arrive this week.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still unfulfilled, UK. Love being ripped off for shipping for this shit.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Sent Yetee a question about the whereabouts of my physical shipment is, got an e-mail about the game being shipped about... 3-4 hours later. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I guess it might be an early / pre-release bug but in some towns various interiors don't seem to have any sort of lighting at all. The rooms are completely dark and whatnot. I hope that'll be fixed in the next patch.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
A few things I saw while scrolling through the Rabbit & Bear AMA from yesterday:

Q: Are there missable characters?
A: We have not included any missable elements in this title that need a time limit or a major redo. This is something that Murayama was also concerned about when creating Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundered Heroes.

Q: What framerate are you targeting from the switch version
A: The Switch frame rate is expected to be 30 fps.

Q: Considering how many units you can recruit, is there any sort of postgame content that allows you, and gives you a reason to, build and utilize all of them in difficult content?
A: We have prepared a play called "Hero's Trial Ground" as a high level of difficulty content. This is a battle content in which players aim to reach the lowest level by making full use of the heroes they have joined.

Q: Will there be any roadmap information about future updates / patches / dlc for 2024 to 2026
A: Release dates for all DLC are still to be determined. Please look forward to it.

Q: Considering the success of the kickstarter. Is there going to be a direct sequel to this entry or timeline wise there's huge gaps per entry in this world?
A: We would like to expand on the story we have created this time in the Allraan continent. We cannot yet tell you how we will do this, but please stay tuned.

Q: When can I play my physical PS5 copy? I have downloaded a large patch and have the game in hand but apparently there's another patch? When is that patch coming?
A: Fix patch will be available in the Backer Early Access 72 hours prior to the release.

Q: Has there been any consideration to crossovers and collaborations with other developers? It would be very cool to see Miriam from Koji Igarashi's Bloodstained appear as a recruitable character or secret boss.
A: I will have a drink and talk with IGA another time.

Q: Will Eiyuuden Chronicle have branching storylines depending on your choices like Suikoden 5 did? If not, do you plan on incorporating this into future Eiyuuden titles? Thanks for the game!!

A: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is branching storylines depending on the player's actions.

Q: How long does a playthrough take (just the main story)?
A: If you proceed without detours, it will take about 40-50 hours.

Last edited:

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
A few things I saw while scrolling through the Rabbit & Bear AMA from yesterday:

A: There are. Please explore all corners of Allraan.

Q: Considering how many units you can recruit, is there any sort of postgame content that allows you, and gives you a reason to, build and utilize all of them in difficult content?
A: We have prepared a play called "Hero's Trial Ground" as a high level of difficulty content. This is a battle content in which players aim to reach the lowest level by making full use of the heroes they have joined.

Q: Will there be any roadmap information about future updates / patches / dlc for 2024 to 2026
A: Release dates for all DLC are still to be determined. Please look forward to it.

Q: Considering the success of the kickstarter. Is there going to be a direct sequel to this entry or timeline wise there's huge gaps per entry in this world?
A: We would like to expand on the story we have created this time in the Allraan continent. We cannot yet tell you how we will do this, but please stay tuned.

Q: When can I play my physical PS5 copy? I have downloaded a large patch and have the game in hand but apparently there's another patch? When is that patch coming?
A: Fix patch will be available in the Backer Early Access 72 hours prior to the release.

Q: Has there been any consideration to crossovers and collaborations with other developers? It would be very cool to see Miriam from Koji Igarashi's Bloodstained appear as a recruitable character or secret boss.

Q: Will Eiyuuden Chronicle have branching storylines depending on your choices like Suikoden 5 did? If not, do you plan on incorporating this into future Eiyuuden titles? Thanks for the game!!

A: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is branching storylines depending on the player's actions.
I do vaguely remember them saying that they wanted to make a sequel for this as well. It's nice to know this isn't a one-off.

Oct 25, 2017

Q: How long does a playthrough take (just the main story)?
A: If you proceed without detours, it will take about 40-50 hours.
Wouldn't be right if I couldn't miss a character

IonMagus

Feb 18, 2021
My postal code still doesn't work, I think they really f'd up my delivery (or gave me the wrong tracking number) .😭😭😭
And I can't even do shit now because they only answer like once a week or so. 😓

H0NfTx.jpeg

You could try contacting Black Screen Records (who ships from cologne to all of Europe) and ask them while telling them your adress, oedner number and so on

blackscreenrecords.com

Black Screen Records

We provide you with all the latest video game soundtracks on vinyl, CD and as digital downloads through our retail store in Cologne and our online shop (with worldwide shipping options). We’re a record label & distributor and offer a variety of soundtracks, games & merchandise. Perfect for...

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I can't stop playing this game. It's so surreal to feel like I'm playing 'a new Suikoden' game after all of these years.

Got to my first difficulty spike (two 'double' boss battles back to back around 18ish hours in) that pissed me off a bit, but I muscled through.

Haven't had any bugs yet *knock on wood*, but yeah, loving this!

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to all the reviews. I certainly have critiques from what I have played. The game does a decent job balancing itself as an old school JRPG with modern fixins

I do wish characters got more depth faster. Equipment and skills remain barebones for a significant period of the game in the beginning.

Coming to this after Unicorn Overlord was an adjustment in that regard

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to all the reviews. I certainly have critiques from what I have played. The game does a decent job balancing itself as an old school JRPG with modern fixins

I do wish characters got more depth faster. Equipment and skills remain barebones for a significant period of the game in the beginning.

Coming to this after Unicorn Overlord was an adjustment in that regard
Yeah some of the Lens slot unlocks having like 30 levels in between feels a bit bad if you like that character and want more slots to customize them a bit.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Still nothing here either. It makes you wonder how they're shipping these out with how sporadic notifications are going out. Have they just got one person hand packing them?

ironjoe

Jan 26, 2018
NYC
Wait even though I have my copy I can't use my save if I choose to play? I just want to beat the opening dungeon but not if I have to do it again later.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
You could try contacting Black Screen Records (who ships from cologne to all of Europe) and ask them while telling them your adress, oedner number and so on

blackscreenrecords.com

Black Screen Records

We provide you with all the latest video game soundtracks on vinyl, CD and as digital downloads through our retail store in Cologne and our online shop (with worldwide shipping options). We’re a record label & distributor and offer a variety of soundtracks, games & merchandise. Perfect for...

It would be faster for me to pick it up myself and save me 14€ doing so.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
Wait even though I have my copy I can't use my save if I choose to play? I just want to beat the opening dungeon but not if I have to do it again later.

I don't have the game or anything, but my advise is to wait - if you were just going to play the opening dungeon anyway (I don't know what that is - a few hours?) just sit tight and hold out for the 72 hour patch update.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

They're gonna do another fucking Suikoden II Pesmerga thing again. I can taste it on the wind.

This is wrong, was a vague question. They later clarified:

A: We have not included any missable elements in this title that need a time limit or a major redo. This is something that Murayama was also concerned about when creating Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundered Heroes.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

S2 Pesmerga didn't have a time limit. You had to revisit a dungeon you finished 10 hours prior that you had no reason to EVER go back to, and then run all the way through it to the final boss room and he's just standing there looking off a cliff. That's what I was getting at, lol.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

Last thing I need is another Clive lmao

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
S2 Pesmerga didn't have a time limit. You had to revisit a dungeon you finished 10 hours prior that you had no reason to EVER go back to, and then run all the way through it to the final boss room and he's just standing there looking off a cliff. That's what I was getting at, lol.

Oh, yeah, there'll probably be stuff like that haha. There already was backtracking recruitment from the beta.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017

Georg was the same. Its not a Suikoden game if you don't look in some forgotten nook after every story beat.

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
I find navigating to Mazus in Tinto Mines worse than Pesmerga, only to be greeted 'not yet, the time hasn't come yet'. It's a bigger trap than Pesmerga for any first timers because you will pass by him during the story, unlike Persmerga. But at that point, many first timers not using a guide would have missed enough characters such that Mazus is never recruitable, but they will keep visiting him till the end of the game before giving up.

Anyways, I certainly don't mind backtracking as long as there are enough recruitment hints given, even if I have to earn the hints. And of course, if in dungeons, I want any loading time (particularly random encounters) to be near instantaneous. I can't imagine backtracking dungeons on Switch / PS4.