• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is wrong, was a vague question. They later clarified:

A: We have not included any missable elements in this title that need a time limit or a major redo. This is something that Murayama was also concerned about when creating Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundered Heroes.
Thank God. There were definitely some annoying ones.

Last thing I need is another Clive lmao
Was Clive essentially the speedrun character where if you missed the timing you were locked out for the entire playthrough? If so, I hated that one the most.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town

A: We have not included any missable elements in this title that need a time limit or a major redo. This is something that Murayama was also concerned about when creating Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundered Heroes.

Nice. this is what happens when you skim. lol

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Awesome! I hated using a guide in Suikoden to collect all heroes.

Also hated all the gambling grinding and save scumming too…but that is a separate issue.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah their performance was kind of disappointing for a 2-slotter.

Take up two spaces. Don't have much of a stat advantage to compensate. Don't even come with any skills or AoE Attacks

I was really excited to have a Giant Bear monster on my team and quickly found out there was not much I could do to make them worth it early on

The characters are a bit bare bones. I wish the Runes and Character specific skills were separate things so that each character was able to get more flavor/customization early on

Mar 11, 2020
Take up two spaces. Don't have much of a stat advantage to compensate. Don't even come with any skills or AoE Attacks

I was really excited to have a Giant Bear monster on my team and quickly found out there was not much I could do to make them worth it early on

The characters are a bit bare bones. I wish the Runes and Character specific skills were separate things so that each character was able to get more flavor/customization early on
Depends on the character but i have a few that have unique skills not tied to their runes.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
There are definitely certain characters that don't get really good till you can either powerlevel them or get them runes they can take advantage of.

It does at least seem to expand and get much better once you unlock the first couple rune slots for everyone

I am hoping the depth of the game continues to expand. The encounter rate for random battles is nicely tuned but MAN are some of those dungeons long lol

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my copy in the UK. Thought it had a reversible cover but guess not. Definitely not paying for it separately if they try and charge shipping for a piece of paper later.

Majunior

Jun 20, 2019
A few things I saw while scrolling through the Rabbit & Bear AMA from yesterday:

Q: Are there missable characters?

Q: What framerate are you targeting from the switch version
A: The Switch frame rate is expected to be 30 fps.

Q: Considering how many units you can recruit, is there any sort of postgame content that allows you, and gives you a reason to, build and utilize all of them in difficult content?
A: We have prepared a play called "Hero's Trial Ground" as a high level of difficulty content. This is a battle content in which players aim to reach the lowest level by making full use of the heroes they have joined.

Q: Will there be any roadmap information about future updates / patches / dlc for 2024 to 2026
A: Release dates for all DLC are still to be determined. Please look forward to it.

Q: Considering the success of the kickstarter. Is there going to be a direct sequel to this entry or timeline wise there's huge gaps per entry in this world?
A: We would like to expand on the story we have created this time in the Allraan continent. We cannot yet tell you how we will do this, but please stay tuned.

Q: When can I play my physical PS5 copy? I have downloaded a large patch and have the game in hand but apparently there's another patch? When is that patch coming?
A: Fix patch will be available in the Backer Early Access 72 hours prior to the release.

Q: Has there been any consideration to crossovers and collaborations with other developers? It would be very cool to see Miriam from Koji Igarashi's Bloodstained appear as a recruitable character or secret boss.
A: I will have a drink and talk with IGA another time.

Q: Will Eiyuuden Chronicle have branching storylines depending on your choices like Suikoden 5 did? If not, do you plan on incorporating this into future Eiyuuden titles? Thanks for the game!!

A: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is branching storylines depending on the player's actions.

Q: How long does a playthrough take (just the main story)?
A: If you proceed without detours, it will take about 40-50 hours.
40-50 hours without detours is long than I expected.

MidasTouch

Dec 29, 2023
Thank God. There were definitely some annoying ones.

Was Clive essentially the speedrun character where if you missed the timing you were locked out for the entire playthrough? If so, I hated that one the most.
If you wanted to finish his story, you needed to get to Sajah (sp?) Village, an endgame town in Suikoden II, in 12 hours.

Super difficult if you don't abuse the Matilda gate glitch.

MidasTouch

Dec 29, 2023
I find navigating to Mazus in Tinto Mines worse than Pesmerga, only to be greeted 'not yet, the time hasn't come yet'. It's a bigger trap than Pesmerga for any first timers because you will pass by him during the story, unlike Persmerga. But at that point, many first timers not using a guide would have missed enough characters such that Mazus is never recruitable, but they will keep visiting him till the end of the game before giving up.

Anyways, I certainly don't mind backtracking as long as there are enough recruitment hints given, even if I have to earn the hints. And of course, if in dungeons, I want any loading time (particularly random encounters) to be near instantaneous. I can't imagine backtracking dungeons on Switch / PS4.
Aren't all of these characters mentioned so far hinted at in the Old Books you collect? I'm not certain, but maybe they weren't.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't all of these characters mentioned so far hinted at in the Old Books you collect? I'm not certain, but maybe they weren't.

The issue with Mazus and Pesmerga is that you can't recruit either of them until you already have 100 Stars. So if you don't KNOW about them AND recruit enough people to get them, you can miss them in two ways.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
For Eiyuden I hope there is a stone tablet or something similar that shows your list of recruits and the empty spots remaining to know how many left you need to recruit.

The Devs were a bit coy on how many characters in total for 100% completion is required so hopefully a monument similar to the one you get in Suikoden 1 and 2 also exists in Eiyuden.

KhrossSF

Jul 8, 2020
all in all the game is great , i wish there was a bit more emphasis on attacks though. seems like some are missing umph on hits

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
There's something really cozy about this. I'm breaking my "one JRPG at a time" rule and am going back and forth between this and Dragon Quest VIII on the 3DS. Just having a great time with both!

For people playing on series X, is this game hdr?
Nope. Looks like native 4K though, so the image is super-sharp!

Last edited:

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
I don't know how/if this will happen, but...

Sea of Stars had a really cool way to showcase backer statues in an optional dungeon. I am hoping Eiyuden does something similar.

Like, have a room in your castle where you can showcase backer statues (or whatever) so if you have friends, you can add their statues to the room as well.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I do a yearly playthrough of Suikoden 1 and 2. I held off this year because I waiting for the HD Remaster. I'll still do my playthough but I'm going prioritize Eiyuden.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
so does the final game have sound effects lol?

It was pretty baffling when I played the beta, completely ruins the immersion.
There was no footstep sounds, no ambiant noises, nothing, it was just music. Felt like one of those OST videos on youtube where they play the game but disable everything except the music lmao

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Awesome! I hated using a guide in Suikoden to collect all heroes.

Also hated all the gambling grinding and save scumming too…but that is a separate issue.
That answer doesn't necessarily mean there won't be any convoluted recruitment methods, it just says that anyone like that wouldn't be permanently missable. A guide could still be needed, lol.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
so does the final game have sound effects lol?

It was pretty baffling when I played the beta, completely ruins the immersion.
There was no footstep sounds, no ambiant noises, nothing, it was just music. Felt like one of those OST videos on youtube where they play the game but disable everything except the music lmao
It didn't really bother me tbh. I just went back to some old JRPGS from PS3 to PS2 to PS1. Yeah, some to most I checked did have some footsteps/ or ambient sounds and even Suikoden 2 had ambient sounds but still no footsteps.
Frankly, as long as the music is good, I didn't really notice the lack of those sound effects.

Edit: I'm in the abandoned Mine area now and moving the carts do have applied sound effects to those.

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OK, UK order will be here tomorrow. Looks like they know they fucked up and sent it next day

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
It didn't really bother me tbh. I just went back to some old JRPGS from PS3 to PS2 to PS1. Yeah, some to most I checked did have some footsteps/ or ambient sounds and even Suikoden 2 had ambient sounds but still no footsteps.
Frankly, as long as the music is good, I didn't really notice the lack of those sound effects.

Edit: I'm in the abandoned Mine area now and moving the carts do have applied sound effects to those.

Idk, coming from octopath traveler 2 and SO2R it was pretty baffling to me, those games felt much more immersive. Sound goes a long way immersion wise.

I legit don't understand why they didn't put sound effects in a game coming out in 2024 lmao like what

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wish the menus were snappier. They load noticeably slower the first time when pausing, which is more obvious when you switch between tabs afterwards and it's faster those times. And that's on PS5.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Although I'm having a great time so far with this game, admittedly this is making me very excited for Suikoden 1 & 2 Remastered.
I hope Konami gives us a release date soon-ish.

As far as Eiyuden, I have but one word: FRANCESCA!
her character/VA is hilarious 😂

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Although I'm having a great time so far with this game, admittedly this is making me very excited for Suikoden 1 & 2 Remastered.

She was definitely my favorite from the beta lol. The VA nails it. Don't think she'll leave my party.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
her title intro was hilarious "Ill Tempered Healer"

All characters have a title like this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to the game itself. I'm quite certain there are stuff just straight up missing from the pre-release build.

I mentioned earlier that in some houses the interiors are dark and have no lighting of any sort, but I also believe some houses are completely empty too. Like there was one house you visit the village Elder and the there was no furniture or decorations, or I could be mistaken and it was a town hall for meetings but it seems there are several buildings like this. I have no issues with the towns. They feel lived in with tons of NPCs walking about and doing their thing, kind of almost like Muse in Suikoden II, but at times it feels the interiors are just not done at all and there is a big patch just waiting to add the missing stuff.

Kind of sucks that the physical copy will remain as such unpatched but at least the digital versions should technically be content complete. Good thing I opted for a Steam copy for my digital version. Should be a nice game to play on my Steamdeck. In the meantime I'm still going to enjoy my PS5 disc copy.

Mar 11, 2020

I fucking adore her. Idk if its spoiler to say how she acts, but i don't think she is leaving my party.

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking adore her. Idk if its spoiler to say how she acts, but i don't think she is leaving my party.
I love the fact that she has voiced lines in events where it lets one or two of your random party members chime in and she's awesome every time the game lets her speak. Probably going to do another playthrough when I figure out which slot to put her in to make sure she speaks during every event LOL

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I love the fact that she has voiced lines in events where it lets one or two of your random party members chime in and she's awesome every time the game lets her speak. Probably going to do another playthrough when I figure out which slot to put her in to make sure she speaks during every event LOL

She's my permanent healer, so she's been in a ton of scenes for me- all great! 😝

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded the game on ps5 and the home menu theme is so good, update be damned I'm starting this tonight.

edit: This ost may be my favorite one this year, I missed these games.

Last edited: