• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 11, 2020
This game has dungeons, i mean old school JRPG dungeons that i haven't seen in JRPGs since like ps2 outside maybe atlus games and indies. This game is amazing.

I missed dungeons like these.

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Goodness, my order is still stuck in a warehouse somewhere in Europe, game won't arrive before official release now. This part of the Kickstarter has been a distater.

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I backed this with Steam as my selected platform..

Seems really silly that I'm not getting access early and have to wait until release day when people are getting physical copies.

Not a huge deal since it's only a few more days, but still.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Some more interesting Q&As from the ongoing reddit AMAs:

Q: Can you elaborate a bit what was the aim creating a Hard Mode? What does that entail specifically?

A: We received a passionate request from users who wanted a hard mode: "Don't make it a simple HP bullet sponge!", so we worked very hard to adjust the hard mode.
Of course, the enemy parameters are enhanced, but the AI will behave in a more player-unfriendly manner.
It may be hard to notice the difference at the beginning of the game, but it is designed to be very hard.

--

Q: Save points before boss battles almost in every JRPG restore HP/MP and status effect, is there a deeper design reason why it's not the case for Hundred Heroes?

A: Murayama was very particular about not having a permanent save and having a limit on the number of items in the item inventory.

Murayama always said that playing RPG dungeons is a game of resource management, and that he wanted to create a tension level by clearly separating ""preparation,"" in which players prepare equipment and items when they arrive in a new town, and ""challenge,"" in which players take on new dungeons and enemies.

The save point system allows saving only at specific locations in the dungeon, thereby creating a tension until you reach the save point, a satisfaction when reaching it, and a gradual relief when you do reach it.

--
Q: What is your guys favorite game and why?

A: (Murakami)
For me, "like" equals "frustration," but the two games that were very big in my life were Dragon Quest III and The Legend of Zelda: Tact of the Wind. More recently, I would say "The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom". I would like to make an open world with pixel-art!

(Komuta.)
The Dragon Quest Lot series was the first RPG I ever played, and it's the title that made me a video game lover.
I also like the first Romancing SaGa, the Megami Tensei series, the Front Mission series, and the Fire Emblem series. I love RPGs and SRPGs. I also like Bokosuka Wars.

(Kawano)
I have played "The Legend of Zelda" on Switch and thought it was genuinely amazing. If we're talking about the old days, I can't tell you how many times I played "Triforce of the Gods" for SNES. Besides Zelda, I generally like RPGs and adventures, and I love SOS (Japanese title: Septentrion) on SNES so much that I don't know how many times I've completed the game.

--

Q: Could you give details on the DLC?

A: The release timing of the scenario DLC has not yet been determined.
The scenario DLC will be playable once you have reached to the end of the main story.
Each DLC will take about 2-3 hours to play.
In one DLC, there is a new character that Murayama was sticking with next to Perrielle.
A new dungeon will of course be added.

--

Q: Are there plans for a sequel if it does well, or is it intended to stand alone?

A: We are thinking about a sequel. Murayama also left some ideas for a sequel and would like to achieve them.

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
Will I miss something if I don't play deluxe edition? does the season pass content release at day one?

im thinking to play gamepass version now and buying deluxe down the road

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Are there difficulty options? And I assume you'll need to recruit all 100ish characters to get the true ending like the Suikoden games?

I didn't want to play the demo and want to go in fresh.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Are there difficulty options? And I assume you'll need to recruit all 100ish characters to get the true ending like the Suikoden games?

I didn't want to play the demo and want to go in fresh.

There's Normal and Hard, as well as optional handicaps you can enable at the start of a file.

I posted Q&As just above, and in one they detailed their method for Hard mode design.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Two questions: When are digital backers expected to get their keys? And is there going to be an OT?

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
I backed this with Steam as my selected platform..

Seems really silly that I'm not getting access early and have to wait until release day when people are getting physical copies.

Not a huge deal since it's only a few more days, but still.
Digital backers are still getting the game early.
Q: Save points before boss battles almost in every JRPG restore HP/MP and status effect, is there a deeper design reason why it's not the case for Hundred Heroes?

A: Murayama was very particular about not having a permanent save and having a limit on the number of items in the item inventory.

Murayama always said that playing RPG dungeons is a game of resource management, and that he wanted to create a tension level by clearly separating ""preparation,"" in which players prepare equipment and items when they arrive in a new town, and ""challenge,"" in which players take on new dungeons and enemies.

The save point system allows saving only at specific locations in the dungeon, thereby creating a tension until you reach the save point, a satisfaction when reaching it, and a gradual relief when you do reach it.
That sounds great, I wish resource management was a factor in more JRPGs.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look good for getting it Tuesday. I got my shipping information yesterday morning but no movement in the last 24 hours.

Sangral