• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Moon Dwellers translation still shocks me. I played it after V and X so it was really really weird.

Moon Dwellers' translation is so unbelievably bad it just wraps back around to hilarious. I'm glad they started to step their game up for the subsequent English Asian releases, I just wish they did it on the part of the SRW series I actually care about.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Except for Rayearth and Harlock, pretty much everything is already owned by them since they own Sunrise and Bandai owns Gundam, Cowboy Bebop and all so they didn't spend that money you think of.
They still had to build entirely new animations for the newcomers, as well as create new attacks for some of the returning series (Like G -Gundam and GunXSword) and get all the old voice actors to record new lines. That isn't cheap.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my guess for the "they'd never include it" series. Especially considering it just got a new TV series. Once they cover that we're basically covered the gamut in science fiction shows with mecha elements

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
This is preeeetty close to the perfect roster for me, so I'm really looking forward to this!

I just hope there's a squad/partner system this time, since there's way too many things I want to use.

Rayearth has Mashin robot units. It was what a good chunk of the first season was leading up to, and it becomes the core means of combat for the majority of the second season. But they're probably not going to bother using anything from the second season. As if an SRW would have the balls to use such a divisive part of the franchise-

>Gundam AGE included in 3DS Super Robot Wars game

Still, it's like Rayearth kinda seems along for the ride. Most of the robot stuff that goes on in the first season happens practically in the final episodes of the show. So what we're just gonna get a route split where we fight Zagato, *SPOILER*, and then we're good? Rayearth plot done?

Eagle's in the trailer, so the second half of Rayearth is definitely in.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
One day, Transformers will be in these games.

Until then Spike wilk do. Hope for that English translation!

hypertails

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly when Iczer One made it into L(?) all those years ago that should have been clear that the sky is the limit for series.

actually, no. There's a unit on a motorcycle from Gear Fighter Dendoh in SRW MX. That was the beginning of the end.

Hell, both Domon and Master Asia have had attack animations outside of their gundams for one off events in multiple games early on, including SRW2g for the original gameboy.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Cowboy Bebop being represented is so bizarre.

Might pick this up if it does see an English release of some kind.

Nov 3, 2017
Holy fucking shit. Two Braves, Mazinger Z Infinity and Gunbuster in the same game?? And fucking Rayearth is an incredible pull

My only disappointment is the lack of Diebuster and Patlabor

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
This cast list is so fucking bad yikes.

As if V wasn't already a cash-in after X (which was actually really good and fixed a lot of the Z3 problems with much improved Full Metal Panic, better Unicorn, better Eva Rebuild, etc.. plus Yamato 2199 was a truly great addition), this looks like such a budget cash-in. Makes me wonder if the franchise is just screwed at this point from low sales and they can't afford a legit quality SRW anymore.

I mean I love Bebop as much as everyone, but it really has no place in SRW. It's one thing for Harlock/Yamato/Nadesico which their giant mothership units, but a couple tiny little ships from Bebop? Yeah, total waste of a slot. At best gives 1 good BGM.

While it's nice having HD GunxSword and HD Gaogaigar from their DS/3DS entries, the animation in that trailer on them looks budget stiff. Also the new series all seem to be shows with like 2-3 units at most tiny rosters. There's nothing even quality like Wataru (which was the best part of X). G Gundam being back for the first time since PS2 sprites is great, but not one new (or new sprite) series looked the fluidity of Crossbone in V or G-Reco in X.

Then you have the slap in the face of this having zzz new entries and then the mobile one gets IBO and Valvrave :|

Also 2019 was supposed to be OG3
and 2020 the next all new-sprites big licensed SRW with IBO/Valvrave/Majestic Prince/Aldnoah Zero/etc...etc... big properties

Now this is another year of filler pushing the main titles back even further /sigh

Just give me goddamn OG3 already.

*edit* Also just noticed GGG Final isn't in. So not even best GGG.

Last edited:

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, can't get behind Bebpo on this one at all.

Besides PoD, I am pretty excited for that list (GGG and VOTOMS in a SRW game in which I can finally understand the language if it gets an English translation, and stuff like Rayearth and G are good).

Yeah, Bebop may not "belong" but shit, might as well take a few risks, can't hurt given how the series has been selling for the last several years

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Asia English version has been confirmed.
SINGAPORE – 20.11.18 BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Asia is proud to announce the latest title in the Super Robot Wars series for home consoles, Super Robot Wars T. The game will be available in English for PlayStation®4 and Nintendo Switch™ across Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia). The first trailer is also released today,

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I have a hard and fast rule to only buy SRW games with Mobile Fighter G Gundam in them. So this is a must buy.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Asia English version has been confirmed.

1447810943286.gif

Thread title needs an update.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad they wasted no time in confirming the English version. I wonder if it will be day and date like V, or if it will be slightly later like with X. Granted, we don't even have a release date yet.

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
On one hand I am glad that Switch finally got a SRW, on the other hand all of the animation seems to be recycled from V/X.
Not sure what to feel about it. :/

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
GunXSword is awesome. It also has EL DORADO which is a Mexican GaoGaiGar piloted by old retired Mexican Voltron team and they're the fucking best.

ADIOOOOS AMIIIGOOOO

And the main and his mecha Dann of Thursday kicks ass . He was my ace in SRW K.

I always remembered seeing that DVD set Inst totes back in the day and had no idea it was a mech show. Was quite the surprise today.

Also so someone who loves Bucciarati's ARRI ARRI ARRI ARRIVEDERCI, consider me sold haha

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Hell yeah more SRW. Still hoping for an OG release next time because we have had the cameo type for 3 years in a row now.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Where is your source for the 2020 bit?

Just inferring from past releases and what the teams have been up to. OGs team is definitely working on OGs and the major staffers are definitely working on a big deal licensed SRW to release at some point. They're clearly saving their big guns like IBO for the next major SRW. X/V/T are essentially this gen's budget handheld titles replaced the GBA/DS/3DS games in previous gens.

It's possible they do something stupid and release 3rd OGs and the next mainline SRW (aka, first part of the next licensed trilogy series) in the same year, but would make sense to spread them apart.

Nah, can't get behind Bebpo on this one at all.

Besides PoD, I am pretty excited for that list (GGG and VOTOMS in a SRW game in which I can finally understand the language if it gets an English translation, and stuff like Rayearth and G are good).

Yeah, Bebop may not "belong" but shit, might as well take a few risks, can't hurt given how the series has been selling for the last several years

Bebop ain't gonna help anything in sales. It's not that popular (or popular at all) in Asia and western imports on this stuff are tiny.

I get liking the cast list if you don't read Japanese for the entries having their stories for the first time in English (just like Gurren Lagann in X even though it was pretty much identically to Z3, but just in English now). But having already gone through all these stories & sprites in Z3/X/V, it's a pretty short list of new stuff and like I said even the new stuff animation looks unimpressive in that trailer. Just feels really budget.

I've bought and played through every 2d SRW since like @2?, but I might skip this. Lot of other games coming out and there's nothing in T that's new and exciting to me outside maybe G Gundam but I have a sneaking feeling if this is a budget title that we're barely going to get any units besides the shuffle alliance. I mean G-Reco was a budget mess in X with no sprites for all kinds of stuff. V/X/T are clearly cutting corners on unit inclusion.

I'm kinda hoping the next big deal title re-uses G-Reco but adds in sprites for all the missing stuff like the backpacks.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
gunbuster, gunbuster!

i know it's not popular enough, but i'd love to see some knights of sidonia mech in srw

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Just inferring from past releases and what the teams have been up to. OGs team is definitely working on OGs and the major staffers are definitely working on a big deal licensed SRW to release at some point. They're clearly saving their big guns like IBO for the next major SRW. X/V/T are essentially this gen's budget handheld titles replaced the GBA/DS/3DS games in previous gens.

You're not alone in the disappointment. I felt them starting to cut corners with asset reuse when L came out. K still felt distinct from W but had a drop in quality. I haven't played UX but it looks like it was going in the right direction and BX as well. X/V/T as gen's budget handheld titles is an interesting comparison but in defense of the GBA titles, I felt each one of them had their own distinct feel with their respective cast lists. X/V/T seems so underwhelming coming from having played Z3. (Regretfully, the whole Z saga - which was unnecessarily stretched.)

Am honestly surprised at the positive reception. Z2/Z3/X/V/T all seem too damn similar to each other. For fuck sakes, Mightgain is in V/X/T three times in a row. SRT Z seemed like a positive direction with the cast list and then somehow they've fucked up the whole damn flow. I'd rather a bi-annual release of major SRW titles with a solid, hearty cast list with old and new titles with a new OG entry inbetween the years handled by two major different teams.

Harlock, Rayearth, Cowboy Bebop... okay cool? But they constitute 2/3 of the new debuts. Why are people so damn hyped? If they were within a healthy list of debuts, I would be hyped. Also, nobody asked for Expelled from Paradise. What a waste of a slot.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT

Harlock, bebop and Magic Knights Rayearth are megatons!

Mazinger Infinity was expected.

HYPE!

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Wondering who the ZZ fan is at this company that keeps getting it in these games lol. Also not IBO in the console release sucks.

And who the hell wants Valverave in anything. Series should have been sued it stole so much stuff. I literally can call it the least original thing I've seen in my life.

Nov 3, 2017
I miss the days when Dancouga Nova kept popping up in everything.

It wasn't a particularly beloved series, and very few SRW games did it's final attack right, but I loved it all the same

Last edited:

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
You're not alone in the disappointment. I felt them starting to cut corners with asset reuse when L came out. K still felt distinct from W but had a drop in quality. I haven't played UX but it looks like it was going in the right direction and BX as well. X/V/T as gen's budget handheld titles is an interesting comparison but in defense of the GBA titles, I felt each one of them had their own distinct feel with their respective cast lists. X/V/T seems so underwhelming coming from having played Z3. (Regretfully, the whole Z saga - which was unnecessarily stretched.)

Am honestly surprised at the positive reception. Z2/Z3/X/V/T all seem too damn similar to each other. For fuck sakes, Mightgain is in V/X/T three times in a row. SRT Z seemed like a positive direction with the cast list and then somehow they've fucked up the whole damn flow. I'd rather a bi-annual release of major SRW titles with a solid, hearty cast list with old and new titles with a new OG entry inbetween the years handled by two major different teams.

Harlock, Rayearth, Cowboy Bebop... okay cool? But they constitute 2/3 of the new debuts. Why are people so damn hyped? If they were within a healthy list of debuts, I would be hyped. Also, nobody asked for Expelled from Paradise. What a waste of a slot.
We all hoped for a cycle of OG, then main release, then OG and so on, but OG just seems to be taking way too damn long, and they have to release Something at least. X/V/T are all stand alone too, so there might be big change when a new Alpha/Z style saga comes out.

As for why people are hyped, c'mon man, some people like the games for different reasons :p. They just want to see shows the like in these games, especially if they've been gone for years.

Last edited:

Bob_Coffee

Oct 25, 2017
id love to see symphogear in SRW. hibiki punching big ass mecha would make my day. i imagine hibiki and noriko from gunbuster would get along greatly.

Nov 3, 2017
id love to see symphogear in SRW. hibiki punching big ass mecha would make my day. i imagine hibiki and noriko from gunbuster would get along greatly.

Symphogear was in one of those heroines crossover games. But it was only season 1, back when the series was still a Madoka wannabe rather then the Fast and the Furious but with magical girls show it became