• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which character is most likely to appear in the next game?

• Snake

Votes: 173 16.9%
  • SSJ Snake

Votes: 30 2.9%
  • SSGSS Snake

Votes: 91 8.9%
  • Ultra Instinct Snake

Votes: 365 35.6%
  • Goku

Votes: 367 35.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
It's a new Super Smash Bros. game, people. This isn't rocket science.

The game is marketed as such by Nintendo. No arbitrary rules of yours will change that.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
They are all good guesses ... but they missed the point that IT IS THE VETERANS LOOKING AT THE NEWCOMERS.

You are not going to find new people there or someone missing means they were cut =P

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for the Rex and Pyra reveal. The flame circle, and then it goes down in a pillar to them using a flame attack.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the BoTW stage going to be like? Hyrule field or maybe on top of the flying divine beast? Maybe a small version of the great plateau?
I'm guessing we'll be getting New Donk City too.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Guys it has to be a semi-port. They at least ported over the Wii-U game to start. All the characters/levels from Smash U will return.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
This a pretty good guess.

Captura.PNG

Falco and Roy?
Abosolutely nah, the rest are very similar to my predictions.. Also theres someone infront of bowser he is missing and is impossible to know who he/she is becuase of the way it blends.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Inkling will definitely be unique, I'm really curious how they will play with their long range moves and gun.

This is looking more like a new game. With smash 4 as a base of course.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but with every deluxe version they just said it was a deluxe version and showed gameplay and the changes right away. They didn't tease this stuff like it was some new game.

As for Smash Bros looking much different of course some of them did. 64 to Gamecube was literally a huge graphical leap. Gamecube to Wii wasn't that much different graphically and Wii to Wii U was a leap to HD which was another large graphical leap. Also we haven't actually seen it yet so this isn't even relevant. Gameplay wise 64 and Melee weren't super different. They even both had some kind of L canceling and edge guarding and generally the same sort of hit stun and stuff. Melee to Brawl was a big change (to make it more accessible to casual players) and Brawl to Wii U was different mostly because most people didn't like Brawl's mechanics (competitively or casually [tripping]). Again though, we haven't seen it at all so we have no idea how it looks so we can't really go by that as evidence.

Also, it doesn't really matter what Uncharted is. Zelda is a single player story driven game and that looks different nearly every time it comes out. My point is Uncharted is still as good and as new of a game even if it looks not much different. New entries don't have to all be super different to be new and fun.

Almost had an anneurism reading 64 and melee not being much different. The games have different visual presentation too as well as the physics and modes

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This a pretty good guess.

Captura.PNG

Falco and Roy?
Abosolutely nah, the rest are very similar to my predictions.. Also theres someone infront of bowser he is missing and is impossible to know who he/she is becuase of the way it blends.
I think he got everything correct except Roy being actually Marths silhouette (The hair/headform gives it away imo) and where he has Marth is Zelda. You can see her dress and hair in the silhouette.

CMM1215

Oct 25, 2017
Define new

It's not a port of the Wii U game

It's not a completely fresh start, either

In terms of branding it's probably going to be referred to as a sequel

Would describing it as being akin to Mario Tennis Aces (where it is very much building on top of Ultra Smash) be accurate?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It'd look fine if they were with their proper series. The CSS only got messed up due to late additions and DLC.
It would look better, but it still wouldn't look good. Fro example with Lucina you'd either have three blue haired swordsmen next to each other or you'd have Robin in between Ike and Lucina. Either way that wouldn't look good. The only clone that could stick around and actually make an improvement to the CSS is Dark Pit due to the way his pose compliments regular Pit's when Palutena is placed in between them.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
this is all I cared about other than cloud saving on the switch. Not that I won't play other games (STILL WAITING ON HOLLOW KNIGHT), but this has been the missing absolute own game for me.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My friend said it's confirmed it's Wii U port but I don't see confirmation of that anywhere .

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
This is a new game? I honestly thought it would be an enhanced port.

Wait. Is it? Do we even know?

A new Smash in 2018 would be amazing.
It's probably going to be branded as a sequel, and have enough content to justify that, but take more from the Wii U version than that did from Brawl is basically the vibe I'm getting

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
if they've been working on it since mid-2016, it's not too early at all
Heck, why would they start with it when some DLC characters are finished?
That notion that the whole staff was busy with 4 DLC characters and 2 stages for 2 years is ridiculous, especially considering the content of the base game.
I'd say it started earlier than mid 2016.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would look better, but it still wouldn't look good. Fro example with Lucina you'd either have three blue haired swordsmen next to each other or you'd have Robin in between Ike and Lucina. Either way that wouldn't look good. The only clone that could stick around and actually make an improvement to the CSS is Dark Pit due to the way his pose compliments regular Pit's when Palutena is placed in between them.

To be fair, I also agree with you but I would want every character to have a slightly different clone. Like make alph and wireframe mac and the koopalings all different from their main and combine the clones while keeping their uniqueness. It'd be a fast way to add new "characters" or at least costumes without breaking the back too badly.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how does it scream "arcade edition"

They showed one new character, a blurry lineup of random old characters, and a new look for Link

Along with a new logo.

This is going to be a situation where 2 years down the line, despite all evidence to the contrary people will still say that because it "feels" like it.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It seems silly to imagine it's a brand new game and not a port. It's a port.
It seems more silly to always expect the worst, no matter the context. It's been 4 years since the last game.
It would help the is it or is it not port talk right? Would give it more than enough time so people could say "Okay now its a new game"
If 4 years aren't enough 6 wouldn't be enough either. Some people here make the impression they would still call this a port if Smash 4 released 10 years ago.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wants:
-Dash Dancing
-Less landing lag.
-Dash momentum carrying over into jumps again.

That is all. Perfect game.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The message of this video is "Splatoon kids join the fight!" not "this is a brand new smash bros game!"

Except it doesn't really feel like a Smash 4 character reveal either. And if it adds new characters, new stages, and other new content, isn't this arguing schemantics anyway because if they add new characters, it might as well be a new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.