• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which month do you predict the next Nintendo Direct to happen? (Direct as The General Direct)

• August

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • September

Votes: 219 76.8%
  • October

Votes: 51 17.9%
  • November

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't flow with the scehdule at all so far though. If it would be a direct, would that mean they go over both the 6.0 and 7.0 updates at the same time?
They could start off with the fourth character and detail 6.0 and that it's out today (relative to when it's out) and then they do a trailer for the last character.

That's probably how they'd handle it assuming the Pass was it

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
They could start off with the fourth character and detail 6.0 and that it's out today (relative to when it's out) and then they do a trailer for the last character.

That's probably how they'd handle it assuming the Pass was it
That seems really awkward. So they straight up shadow drop reveal character 4 hours before them and 6.0 comes out, and then reveal character 5, but then just go back to the regular style of the 7.0 update video being later. Why are people so opposed to character 4 at the fall direct and 5 at the game awards?

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wc6VpYz.png

We need Savvy Stylist with her as the default.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There is no other series more worthy of Smash representation than Tetris.

If only it weren't surrounded by so many thorny legal issues.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't flow with the scehdule at all so far though. If it would be a direct, would that mean they go over both the 6.0 and 7.0 updates at the same time?
Sure why not

Here's what's coming with #4
And here is what to expect with #5

alternatively 4 & 5 are released literally at the same time so there is no 6.0 & 7.0

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Sure why not

Here's what's coming with #4
And here is what to expect with #5

alternatively 4 & 5 are released literally at the same time so there is no 6.0 & 7.0
No way 4 and 5 are the same time. Remember that this is a set fighter's pass this time and not random dlc with no schedule like 4.

The first option doesn't fit either. It's going to very likely be character 4 reveal in yhe fall direct and 5at the game awards...to the dismay of people here apparently...?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
wc6VpYz.png

We need Savvy Stylist with her as the default.
isn't this yolanda
I figure a would-be stylist would be the actual stylist that then uses the major models in their moveset. My original idea was it'd just be Rosie (since she's the major one) and you'd style her to affect her effects, but swapping between Rosie, Yolanda and Alina would also work.

No way 4 and 5 are the same time. Remember that this is a set fighter's pass this time and not random dlc with no schedule like 4.

The first option doesn't fit either. It's going to very likely be character 4 reveal in yhe fall direct and 5at the game awards...to the dismay of people here apparently...?
Why doesn't the first option fit? In this scenario where they're laying everything out on the table, why not just say here is what to expect with this character and then early next year, here is what we're working on to launch with this character.

I don't think we'll get a final direct with both characters (if there is a final direct, I think it'll just be with character 5, stuff that comes with 5, alongside a long good bye to Ultimate), I just don't think it's outlandish to go over upcoming features all at once if they did.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Working with the tetris company is really an unsung third party collaboration, so to speak

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

Such a good remix. Thank you Shimomura

Type B is also good, of course, I dig the weird folk/chip tune mash up in the main portion of the song, but all tetris music has to deal with being second best at best.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
I think they'll announce or tease a smash direct in the fall direct. Banjo will probably release in late November. The 4th fighter pass character will be revealed at the Game Awards with a release in February. The 5th character will get announced in March direct and release in April.

I don't think all 5 characters will be out by February. They'll probably release an apology saying how hard the workload is and that it'll take a little bit longer than previously estimated. Given the last few months and the timeline for the next months, there's no way I can see them announcing and releasing Banjo and the 4th & 5th characters by February.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll announce or tease a smash direct in the fall direct. Banjo will probably release in late November. The 4th fighter pass character will be revealed at the Game Awards with a release in February. The 5th character will get announced in March direct and release in April.

I don't think all 5 characters will be out by February. They'll probably release an apology saying how hard the workload is and that it'll take a little bit longer than previously estimated. Given the last few months and the timeline for the next months, there's no way I can see them announcing and releasing Banjo and the 4th & 5th characters by February.
There's no reason to think this at all.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
It's too bad Type A was ripped from its home stage

The way it sounds, it was clearly written for Luigi's Mansion. It doesn't quite fit right on the "Other" stages
Yeah Type A definitely feels like Yoko saw it was going to be on Luigi's Mansion and was like "say no more fam"

I guess Find Mii isn't a terrible fit for it

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

Why would Banjo release in late November if he was already in a playable (and finished looking) state in June?

This just seems like pessimism for the sake of pessimism.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tetris is one of my all time favorite games and I hum the theme on a regular basis so it pains me to say this but I kinda hate the arrangements in Smash. They do absolutely nothing for me.

I hope that one day somebody will compose a medley of the Tetris theme and Zangief's SF2 theme.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
People really do forgot that Metal Gear and Sonic weren't the only two third parties in Brawl. They were the only two with playable characters, but Tetris was also there since day 1.

Tetris has been in more Smash games than any other third party character other than Sonic. Type A even made it into the 3DS version of Smash 4

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
People really do forgot that Metal Gear and Sonic weren't the only two third parties in Smash. They were the only two with playable characters, but Tetris was also there since day 1.

Tetris has been in more Smash games than any character other than Sonic. The Type A even made it into the 3DS version of Smash 4
Yeah; I honestly forget about Tetris all the time. It just feels like it should be there, and it doesn't help that the name license seemingly super easy to get (I mean; NDCube managed to get it for Wii Party U after all).

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
People really do forgot that Metal Gear and Sonic weren't the only two third parties in Brawl. They were the only two with playable characters, but Tetris was also there since day 1.

Tetris has been in more Smash games than any other third party character other than Sonic. Type A even made it into the 3DS version of Smash 4
yeah even i go "...wait right tetris is not a nintendo thing" sometimes
Imagine if the Tetris Company had to be in the copyright mess instead of just gently thrown into the credits soup and everyone freaks out over the possibliity of L Block getting into Brawl

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Banjo will be out the first week of October.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
yeah even i go "...wait right tetris is not a nintendo thing" sometimes
Imagine if the Tetris Company had to be in the copyright mess instead of just gently thrown into the credits soup and everyone freaks out over the possibliity of L Block getting into Brawl
Imagine if Ubisoft, WayForward, Yacht Club and Koei Tecmo were in the main copyright block for Ultimate; lol.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
isn't this yolanda
I figure a would-be stylist would be the actual stylist that then uses the major models in their moveset. My original idea was it'd just be Rosie (since she's the major one) and you'd style her to affect her effects, but swapping between Rosie, Yolanda and Alina would also work.
Yeah, I just thought she looked awesome and a black or brown default would be ideal (whether it's her or not).

Outfit changing and accessories absolutely have to be part of her moveset.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
So I said yesterday that after World of Light I was done with spirit battles and collection.

...here I am booting up Ultimate again and heading straight for the spirit board. I want a 100% collection.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So I said yesterday that after World of Light I was done with spirit battles and collection.

...here I am booting up Ultimate again and heading straight for the spirit board. I want a 100% collection.
Spirit Battles are very alluring. Despite having them all, I still go to the Spirit Board whenever I start up the game.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are the Link's Awakening spirits freely available yet? It's the only exclusive event I've missed, and it hurts having missing spots in my collection.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I still haven't gotten the owl to show up. I don't care about collecting all Spirits but I feel compelled to beat all the Spirit Battles.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so obsessed with the Spirit Board that I've noticed there are spirit battles I haven't completed even though I have the spirits already, so I complete them, gain an extra spirit, set the extra free, and I'm back to having one of each spirit.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
this reminds me, didnt you say these were named something weird internally on the smash app?
Yeah;
Hmm; looks like they spirit icons are also used for the in-game news posts. Taking a look at them has taught me how these listings work:

Base Game spirits don't have any special identification and just use the spirit's name. For example:

Spirits added in Spirit Board events started out the same way, but as of the Link's Awakening event, they now seem to use a different naming system (that'll make it pretty much impossible to find them early). For example:

And finally; Fighters Pass additions include the codename for their character in the url. For example:

I didn't explain it then, but here's the reason now: the number is their URLs aren't random; they match the four digit number in the URL of the event they were part of. Since the URLs jump around a lot, finding event spirits early would require a lot of guesswork.

Mar 9, 2018
I wonder if B&K's eggs will have a random element to them and Kazooie might end up farting out more than the grenade eggs. Maybe even Clockwork Kazooie.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah;

I didn't explain it then, but here's the reason now: the number is their URLs aren't random; they match the four digit number in the URL of the event they were part of. Since the URLs jump around a lot, finding event spirits early would require a lot of guesswork.
Well thanks for that I can say with more certainty that these urls line up with the internals of the game as you can see here hash dump (warning: very long loads)

So you search for sya spirits_1_jack_ryuji_sakamoto and hey there we go you ca nsee every reference to that specific spirit thumbnail throughout. I assume spirits_0 and spirits_2 are, without actually seeing the images, correspond to smaller and larger thumbnails used elsewhere in the game .

Not that this really helps any since it looks like the dumpers forgot to include the 2 LA spirits at all (guessing an oversight from leaving them out last time), but hey if we ever get another dump with spirits you could probably check them via url!

Status
Not open for further replies.