• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
anyway, since i believe SNK will be really nice with music, here is one more that i want in.Hope we get 10 or more songs at least.

Yeah, this would be a great one.

I know we're definitely getting Geese's theme in some fashion (probably the original Fatal Fury version and maybe a remix), but I'm hoping if they don't do a new remix they'll include this version:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
KoFXIV had some bangers

Couldn't tell you how many times I blared out Follow Me on my headphones in the leadup to the Terry announcement. And the Team Ikari theme goes hard.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I can't believe KOF XIV came out this gen. The character models look horrendous even with the upgrade

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
That mii costume leak caught some attention and now everyone wants a piece.

It's pretty amusing seeing everyone try to shine the spotlight on themselves.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20191021-160853_Discord.jpg

Welp, looks like the Sabi Squad might now be backing Doomslayer.
If you think about it no one has been talking about *checks notes* the Outrun car either. Well I guess the Outrun car is in. Can't wait to drive over Mario with it!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
My favorite thing is people still trying to push the narrative that Doom is "the west's answer to Dragon Quest."

theosmeo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone still doing that though?

Last time I saw Doom tied to a Japanese IP in speculation, it was the suggestion of Reimu and Doom Slayer being revealed together.

while i personally doubt either of them would make it in, it would be sick to do a trailer of doom slayer shooting at some unknown demon and it turns out to be an anime girl lol

it would make for a dope crossover trailer, similar to ken vs incineroar

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
These insiders and their rumours are worse than the wrasslin dirtsheets these last few days

"Word is ummm, that ryu may be the next character but it could also be crash, but errr also neither of them, that's the word backstage"

The legit scoopz, just got to start a subscribing service
KOS-MOS is a dumb Smash community bubble choice just as much as the likes of Reimu and Shantae are

Just sayin'.
Era needs a "like post" feature.
savage shoot right here.

Gonna be hell if Terry's video doesn't reveal fighter 5 and free us of this.
everything just moves onto fighter 6 and fighter pass 2.
We're destined to resi bandicoot gaiden until one of them happens

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
The West's equivilent to Dragon Quest would be Wizardry and Ultima. Those are the games the Dragon Quest series was literally inspired by.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
In that discord screenshot someone was trying to galaxy brain a connection between Doom and DQ.
You literally quoted someone doing it a few pages back, lol.

I don't think that's the same connection you were talking about though?

I can't check the screenshot again right now, but that conversation was more about the nature of speculation surrounding them (with Doom being left behind in discussion with talks of Hayabusa, Crash, etc; like how people were focusing on Banjo after shinobi's post and Dragon Quest was left behind a bit); nothing really related to the "Doom is the West's equivalent of Dragon Quest" argument.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
You guys and gals!

They have a point about Doom and DQ.

No one was was talking about Terry before and now he's in. Which means it's obvious.

Rayman is Challenger 5.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
KoFXIV had some bangers

Couldn't tell you how many times I blared out Follow Me on my headphones in the leadup to the Terry announcement. And the Team Ikari theme goes hard.
You missed a spot.

Eh, Ken still looks pretty meh. My biggest gripe is his hair, like, why is it so difficult for Ken to have decent hair

h9LmpowN5kXx7g7vGJY9WF.jpg
Likewise, Smash Ken has the blue eyes that were a fuck-up on SFIV's part. Even Capcom fixed his eyes in SFV.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Well for smash I mean just cause her variety in playstyle. She can pretty much do anything.
I'm just saying; there are A LOT of unique fighting game characters out there, even in Smash. KOS-MOS could be up there, but i'd be hard-pressed to call her the most-unique possible inclusion. There are a lot of options after all.

Anyway, that isn't even the spiciest take on this page... comparing KoF XIV and Ultimate visually is no contest.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Smash makes it work with coherent clean designs but yeah they aren't high fidelity or anything.
Design-wise Smash Terry is much better than KoFXIV Terry. Rock looks pretty great in KoFXIV.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the recent wave of insider chatter is really burning me out. I'mma just look forward to praying we get Terry sooner than later.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Reading the last few pages made me think that Reimu might actually happen.

So gimme my All-Star Girls Fighter Pack

#76 - Morrigan
#77 - Arle
#78 - Shantae
#79 - Terra
#80 - Reimu

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

#76 - Morrigan
#77 - Arle
#78 - Shantae
#79 - Terra
#80 - Reimu

Can we swap out Terra for Alis on this list? Assuming this is FF VI's Terra. We'd get more content than Square's FF bs.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

#76 - Morrigan
#77 - Arle
#78 - Shantae
#79 - Terra
#80 - Reimu
Hmm... how about:

76 - Amaterasu
77 - Arle
78 - Hornet
79 - 2B
80 - Reimu

Now there's a lineup I can get excited for!

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the recent wave of insider chatter is really burning me out. I'mma just look forward to praying we get Terry sooner than later.

I think we are going to hear something like on November 3rd or so since that's when the ads for Japanese 7-11 going to change. I'm curious if they are going to put up Terry as an ad during those two weeks or last two weeks of November?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
So what have I missed in the leaker/insider meta game? Last I saw yall were going crazy about Touhou which should have been rock bottom for this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.