• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
These last few days have been exhausting to keep up on. Are there any current leaks that aren't debunked?
Hamtaro is all but confirmed but otherwise no.
I mean, shitty behavior in the community is shitty behavior. I get people hate parts or even all of the greater Smash community, but is the whole "I feast off of ____ tears" any less toxic of an attitude to have? While they're different behaviors and one is certainly often born of incredibly entitled fans, it still contributes to the community just being less approachable and less fun to be in.
I'm not here to make the community more approachable, I'm here to sort the reddit announcement thread comments by "controversial" and get out the popcorn.

Pause

Feb 22, 2018
yall were talkin about digimon and didn't tag me? smh

this needs to happen
Digimon-WarGreymon-Amplified-Figure-rise-Standard-Model-Kit

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Having just finished Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night for the first time (great game by the way) I can now safely say that I will be stanning a new character.

That's right.

It's time for the Revenant as a second echo of Simon.
latest

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
...what is the "mii costume leak" everyone is talking about?

There were a list of Mii costumes, some of which we got (Team Rocket Grunt, Goemon, and the returning Mega Man costumes), and some we didn't (a Super Mario RPG costume that is either Mallow or Smithy and the returning Chocobo), and one we got that wasn't listed (Sans).

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...what is the "mii costume leak" everyone is talking about?

In July a list of Mii costumes was posted on discord that predicted the Goemon and Rocket Grunt costumes, and the return of Proto Man and Zero's costumes. It also said that Chocobo would come back and "Mallow/Smithy" would also appear.

At the moment, however, there's no hard confirmation that it actually was posted in July other than the word of PapaGenos (youtube guy who makes videos on Smash news) and the people who have corroborated it.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the Grinch leak happen this time last year? Hard to believe that it's been a year. I was at shitty conference in Atlantic City when the madness was going down so I could only casually observe from my phone every few hours. Funnily while Banjo was my wanted character, the most disappointing thing about the leak not being true was that Mach Rider wasn't a character. I was oddly intrigue by the possibility.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Would Reimu be such a surprise? I mean, there are a number of people who doubt her inclusion, but she's also become a pretty notable topic of conversation for much of Smash speculation too and would be a "Oh yeah, that makes sense" to a number of people too.

She is the closest of an indie game that makes sense for smash, specially because of how big she is in japan

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Of course people would want to get rid of Sabi now that their gang is considering Doom Slayer and Geno.

You're all just denying the truth. /s. She really isn't worth talking about since she can't even make up her mind on who she considers likely.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course people would want to get rid of Sabi now that their gang is considering Doom Slayer and Geno.

You're all just denying the truth. /s. She really isn't worth talking about since she can't even make up her mind on who she considers likely.

When did Sabi consider Geno?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I'm ready to put PapaGenos on notice since he's attaching himself to Sabi on this. (And of course, his other recent bullshit.)

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I think people are saying that only because Tekken is much bigger than SoulCalibur, but given how this DLC has shaken down, bigger doesn't necessarily mean more likely.
It's pretty comparable to Nakoruru and SNK, I feel. Soul Calibur and Samurai Showdown are pretty big games but
Tekken and KoF(&FF) would have to come first for their companies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Can we go back to arguing about Resident Evil instead of following the drama of some C-list insiders?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty comparable to Nakoruru and SNK, I feel. Soul Calibur and Samurai Showdown are pretty big games but
Tekken and KoF(&FF) would have to come first for their companies.

I don't think it's 1:1 like that. SoulCalibur did once get Link as a guest character, which is more than any SNK game. (A Tekken game did get Nintendo costumes and items one time.)

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
You know if they ever ported SC6 to Switch, time-skip Edelgard would be a great guest.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of characters that should have been in other games, why the fuck did Nintendo not include Wii Fit Trainer in Ring Fit Adventure?

Status
Not open for further replies.