• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

And that's indeed sell-through, not shipped!

Nintendo Switch Worldwide Sell-Through Surpasses 10 Million Units
As of December 10th, worldwide life-to-date sell-through for Nintendo Switch, which launched on March 3, 2017, has surpassed 10 million units *.

Nintendo Switch is a home console equipped with a variety of unique features. Users can instantly take it on the go and share the Joy-Con controllers with those around them, enabling them to play whenever, wherever and with whomever they want. Nintendo Switch offers a wider range of playstyle options and places where games can be played, and has been well-received by consumers all around the world.

This December in Japan we are planning to ship more units than ever before so that even more consumers can purchase and enjoy Nintendo Switch.

Thanks for the info Serebii.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also it's crazy how Splatoon is included in the trifecta here with the likes of Mario and Zelda. Shows you just how big of a hit Nintendo managed with that one.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
To clarify too, that's sell-through

Nintendo Switch Worldwide Sell-Through Surpasses 10 Million Units
As of December 10th, worldwide life-to-date sell-through for Nintendo Switch, which launched on March 3, 2017, has surpassed 10 million units *.

Nintendo Switch is a home console equipped with a variety of unique features. Users can instantly take it on the go and share the Joy-Con controllers with those around them, enabling them to play whenever, wherever and with whomever they want. Nintendo Switch offers a wider range of playstyle options and places where games can be played, and has been well-received by consumers all around the world.

This December in Japan we are planning to ship more units than ever before so that even more consumers can purchase and enjoy Nintendo Switch.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but Nintendo, i could do without the blue shells, you know?

Nice to see that, after the situation with Wii U, they now have a much more compelling product. Just don't drop the efforts now!

shinun

Nov 3, 2017
9ab8c70b79f1732f1b6a.png

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved.

They knocked it out of the park and delivered a killer lineup of games in it's first year. Such a good time.

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome console. Have 8 eight games for the damn thing already, 6 of which are exclusive. Nintendo got a pass from me this year, but next year they need to bring it with their online offerings

Oct 29, 2017
Good, glad to see it doing well. Couple of phenomenal games on there but when Pokémon finally releases, whew, gonna do even better.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy Shit that's amazing 10m before 2018 was what i hoped for :) congratz Nintendo Switch!

It's funny but i believe it will outsell Wii U within 1 year so before march 3 2018 (in it's launch year)

Great to see Ninty do well again i admit after Wii U i was a bit worried.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
They have likely shipped around 12M at this point, with another 4.7m needed to be shipped by March 31st, should be just about enough time to accomplish that, I expect a huge December then.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
And people laughed at me when I said Switch could outsell Wii U total hardware units sold in a year.

Congrats Nintendo!

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
Have played my Switch basically everyday since launch. Happy to see it doing great! Congrats to Nintendo! Well deserved!

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
First PS4 and PSVR reached milestones this year and now Switch reach theirs. Gaming is alive and well.

If only we had Microsoft say something

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
The king is back in all his glory!

To think a lot of people though the Switch was dead on arrival.... It's been the year of the crow, it seems.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Congratulations! They really really deserve it for the amount of work they put into their games

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That was very quick. It's probably going to pass Wii U before the fiscal year is over!

Hope this means that we get some GOOD Mario Sports games for once.

Magicpork

Oct 28, 2017
That's very impressive considering it hasn't had a full holiday season yet.. can't wait to see what Nintendo can come up with in 2018.. they definitely need to improve their online offering