Kyry

Oct 27, 2017
Even if they patch it, you can always play without the patch.

Unless thats not an option on all platforms?

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
I must've blocked this games story outta my mind after I finished..well I didn't finish it but still lol. I don't remember wtf happened

I love everything about Tales of Graces. Yes, even the story. It's so delightfully cheesy and dumb and hilariously bad at times that I can't help but laugh at it.

The main town of Lhant in the game takes the JRPG trope of "hometown getting destroyed" to new heights as I'm pretty sure that place gets ravaged at least three times over the course of the game.

One character is from an ancient civilization that people long thought were dead but no they actually exist and the character just offhandedly mentions it to the party. "Oh yeah, I'm one of these guys, btw".

One moment has a character pinning a dude to a table and starts whaling on him with a sword but there's no blood so it just looks like he's whacking an action figure.

There are tons of stupid things like that in the game. But...ugh the combat is just so fun that I can't help but enjoy the game as a whole in spite of it, haha.

Saatchquatch

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favourite announcements of this E3 tbh, so stoked to get back into this game!

I logged a few hours in the 360 version but stopped playing because I was incapable of fully enjoying it knowing there was a better version out there with a tiny little pirate girl and shit... So I decided to wait for the complete version to come to the West.

... That was 874 years ago.

Totally worth it. :D

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
They've already applied whatever fixes they thought were appropriate for stuff like Tidal Wave so I doubt they'll adjust it again (I expect them to adjust as little as possible really, it's an old game no one cares lol). A lot of enemies (especially bosses) recover faster, and the gauge now fills slower if you're spamming the same attack. You can still grade farm if you do required setup and you can still infinite combo certain things easily enough, but it's not quite braindead easy anymore. Normal enemies were always fodder that you can walk all over in Vesperia though and they pretty much kept it that way in the port, so the fixes are mainly there to help prevent boss fights from getting broken just as easily.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Even if they were to patch it, HOW? That trick uses no glitches or anything like that. It does everything game consciously allows you to do, to gain grade quickly. Only way to fix it is to nerf grade gain from procking fatal strikes, and that will just punish even completely legitimate rewards from gaining those fatal strike procs in non broken ways. You are supposed to be incentivized to do them.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I love everything about Tales of Graces. Yes, even the story. It's so delightfully cheesy and dumb and hilariously bad at times that I can't help but laugh at it.

The main town of Lhant in the game takes the JRPG trope of "hometown getting destroyed" to new heights as I'm pretty sure that place gets ravaged at least three times over the course of the game.

One character is from an ancient civilization that people long thought were dead but no they actually exist and the character just offhandedly mentions it to the party. "Oh yeah, I'm one of these guys, btw".

One moment has a character pinning a dude to a table and starts whaling on him with a sword but there's no blood so it just looks like he's whacking an action figure.

There are tons of stupid things like that in the game. But...ugh the combat is just so fun that I can't help but enjoy the game as a whole in spite of it, haha.

I love you man.

The best part of Graces f is this though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SymLluPY-ig

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is a November or September release since those months are pretty barren for me.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for portable Tales of Vesperia.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I hope this is a November or September release since those months are pretty barren for me.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for portable Tales of Vesperia.

I don't think September is likely because it's packed with a ton of major releases, case in point sharing the same month as Dragon Quest XI wouldn't be ideal.

October or November is much more likely.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think September is likely because it's packed with a ton of major releases, case in point sharing the same month as Dragon Quest XI wouldn't be ideal.

October or November is much more likely.
Given this series' history, if anything that makes it more likely. lol. Any highly popular JRPGs coming out late this year they can release it on the same week as? Dragon Quest 11?

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Did we get any information about the game other than the trailer?

Tales of Festival is this weekend so hopefully we hear more about the game then.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
November wouldn't shock me. All of the major releases towards the end of this year are in September and October, with the outlier being Smash in December.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
If the game performs well on the switch then I'm definitely getting that version. So awesome that I'll finally get to play this, I've heard such great things.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Random but in the 360 version I played on Hard for I'm pretty sure the entire game, optional bosses and all (maybe not the EX dungeon at first but not sure).

However, MFing
Alexei was a Guardian Field Healing bastard
who killed me after like a 10+ min battle so I just refought him on Normal.

I vow to beat hiss ass on Hard this time.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden

Man I agree with everything you are saying.
I love Graces. :)

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
You know what? i wish they could add extra content aside from PS3 stuff...

For example, I want them to add some costumes from mobile games.

tumblr_ov7bbx7eaG1syl3nko1_500.png

tumblr_p8gfr4GqlE1x8ltcto3_1280.png

tumblr_o0ihsuVZQq1u2lyiwo1_500.png

tumblr_p7u93aNIuL1td7x41o1_640.png

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Man I hope the switch version is good. Finally getting a version of Vesperia with all the PS3 content + being portable sounds too good to be true.

This game along with Mass Effect 1 and Lost Odyssey were the 3 games I bought a 360 for in 2008. Will be fun revisiting it.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
However, MFing
Alexei was a Guardian Field Healing bastard
who killed me after like a 10+ min battle so I just refought him on Normal.

I vow to beat hiss ass on Hard this time.

Played the entire game in the hardest difficulty available at first (maybe hard? Or one step above, can't remember) in multiplayer.
When that boss was about to launch his mystic arte it was a "RUN AWAYS AS FAST AS YOU CAN FAR FROM HIM" moment and pray that at least one survives to use life bottle on others.
Since he had a shitton of PV it took a few attempts and 3-4 mystic arte/fight before we were able to finally beat him.

Anyway Tales of Festival starts tomorrow, from 4:30 to 8:00PM Japan time, expect plenty of non relevant gaming fanservice, a lot of mobile news a little bit of Vesperia and maybe something on a next entry but I'm not very optimistic on this one.

Oct 26, 2017
I came close to finishing it on 360 and I have been wishing for them to put this on BC. Now I might just get the game again. I don't believe the 360 version had Japanese voices?

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I really like that game, but these number of missable were insane. for me... it really need a guide for that game if you don't wanna miss 80% of sidequest...

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
There's some speculation that they're going to announce something Legendia-related Saturday, mainly because for some reason they're going really hard with the Legendia fan service this year and basically themed the entire day around it, and the first day is usually when they make big announcements if they have any. Not sure about that but we'll see...

Vesperia info might be on Sunday, all the Vesperia cast members making appearances have only been scheduled for that day and probably makes sense to talk about it when they're there.

Have they ever worked on a remaster and a new game at the same time?

Zestiria and the Symphonia remaster were both in development for some period of time.

OP
OP
BY2K

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
The PS3 Tales of Vesperia Fan Translation Team has withdrawn the patch, as it is now unnecessary.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/1...hdrawn/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.talesofvesperia.net/

Bandai Namco Entertainment has recently announced Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition for Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. It will be released worldwide and is going to feature the formerly PS3 exclusive content.

You can read the official press releases here and here.

As such, we have decided to withdraw our fan translation patch. This translation was always intended to allow the English speaking Tales fanbase to fully enjoy the PS3 exclusive Vesperia content, and it has served this purpose well for a few years now. But with this announcement it is no longer neccessary, so we are no longer going to distribute the patch.

If you are distributing this patch yourself, we would appreciate if you respected this decision and stopped doing so. Thank you.

If you want to play Tales of Vesperia with the PS3 content, please buy and support the official release of the Definitive Edition this Winter.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Have they ever worked on a remaster and a new game at the same time?

Symphonia remaster wasn't done by Bamco internal team so yes.

Event starts 3h from now and lasts 4h.
Info may leak during the evebt but visuals (if any) shouldn't be there until late night in Japan.
The seiyuu casting oddly doesn't include à single Vesperia character today but 4 from Legendia.
Clearly they will show Legendia Switch today and Vesperia remaster tomorrow :p