ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be funny if it releases on January 25, 2019.

That will just be like January 24, 2017: Kingdom Hearts 0.2, Resident Evil 7, and Tales of Berseria

Only it'll be: Kingdom Hearts III, Resident Evil 2 Remake, and Tales of Vesperia

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Where are some of you hearing Legendia from?

Just speculation. The Saturday Tales Festival show involves 4 Legendia VAs, one of which is the co-host, Legendia's composer, and this year has a nautical theme, so people are wondering if they did all this to center the show around something they're going to announce that's related to Legendia in some way (remake, sequel, mobile game, whatever).

Every now and then they'll intentionally schedule certain guests all on one day to tie it in to an announcement or new trailer or whatever. All the Vesperia VAs making appearances this year are scheduled for the Sunday show for example, so some think they're going to give more info on the Remaster that day and there's something else planned for today that they want to show first.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The PS3 Tales of Vesperia Fan Translation Team has withdrawn the patch, as it is now unnecessary.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/1...hdrawn/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.talesofvesperia.net/
I respect it. Kind of a small miracle the patch even happened, given how most fan translation efforts go for the series.

I've pretty much paused my playthrough of the PS3 patched version for the Definitive Edition release.. Kinda hilarious since the english patch is what I CFWed my PS3 for in the first place.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sure was nice having a whole month between my playthrough of Vesperia PS3, where I spent hours modding the console thus preventing me from ever patching games or going online again and sank 100 bucks into getting everything, and this announcement.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It sure was nice having a whole month between my playthrough of Vesperia PS3, where I spent hours modding the console thus preventing me from ever patching games or going online again and sank 100 bucks into getting everything, and this announcement.
Heh, damn. I was willing to take the risk because I had a backup superslim PS3 for regular PSN stuff. That's gotta suck.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
The only good part of the Graces f OP is Lelouch walking by Suzaku.

Last edited:

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I thought Graces had great environments. They were pretty cookie cutter in concept - Republic, Monarchy, Dictatorship, Desert, Grass, Ice, etc. - but when combined with the watercolor aesthetic, they ended up being quite nice looking. Fendel (the ice country) was really stunning in its beautiful poverty, and the glowing reds set amongst cool blues everywhere.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
So the festival stuff should be starting soon right? The website says 16:30, which would be in about 25 minutes. Of course, I can't actually read what else the site says so I don't know what's actually about to start then lol.

OP
OP
BY2K

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Considering this is coming out in the Winter, which is usually when they release their new games, that new one they announced probably is quite a while off. We're probably talking January 2020.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Considering this is coming out in the Winter, which is usually when they release their new games, that new one they announced probably is quite a while off. We're probably talking January 2020.
Second half of next year for JP release at the earliest I guess. It's a shame, but they'll probably be trying something a bit different with the time they're taking.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
They also confirmed that there'll be a collector's edition in Japan, for those who are into buying that stuff. Other regions will probably get one too with similar contents.

The anniversary party thing posted above likely won't be of much interest to anyone here, but they may give a release date there since it's around TGS anyway.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
My guess for native resolutions would be:

720p: Switch undocked

1080p: Switch docked, PS4, Xbox One/S

1440p: PS4 Pro

4k: Xbox One X

4k+: Steam

And all versions will probably retain 60fps battle, 30fps field.
I agree with everything except for all versions have 30 fps in the field. I only think that will apply to the Switch version.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with everything except for all versions have 30 fps in the field. I only think that will apply to the Switch version.
From what I could tell, in the part of the E3 trailer where Yuri's running through Halure, it was 30fps. For now, I'm expecting 30fps field, 60fps battle. And hey, maybe someone will mod the PC version to support 60fps like Zestiria was.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping we would get some new information out of the festival so it looks more likely we will get a information on a random day in the next few weeks from the EU and US branches.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My guess for native resolutions would be:

720p: Switch undocked

1080p: Switch docked, PS4, Xbox One/S

1440p: PS4 Pro

4k: Xbox One X

4k+: Steam

And all versions will probably retain 60fps battle, 30fps field.

That would be only a small upgrade from Xbox360 to PS4/Xbox One. Just a resolution bump from 720p to 1080p. The consoles should be able to do a lot more, especially with these kind of graphics. I hope they can run at 60fps at all times.

The Pro version I also expect to surpass 1440p. I think 4K should be possible. Skyrim Special Edition runs in native 4K on PS4 Pro.
If they keep 30fps for cities and fields and 60fps for battle I expect 4K on PS4 Pro even more.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I love everything about Tales of Graces. Yes, even the story. It's so delightfully cheesy and dumb and hilariously bad at times that I can't help but laugh at it.

The main town of Lhant in the game takes the JRPG trope of "hometown getting destroyed" to new heights as I'm pretty sure that place gets ravaged at least three times over the course of the game.

One character is from an ancient civilization that people long thought were dead but no they actually exist and the character just offhandedly mentions it to the party. "Oh yeah, I'm one of these guys, btw".

One moment has a character pinning a dude to a table and starts whaling on him with a sword but there's no blood so it just looks like he's whacking an action figure.

There are tons of stupid things like that in the game. But...ugh the combat is just so fun that I can't help but enjoy the game as a whole in spite of it, haha.

*twitches*

Graces nearly made me give up on JRPGs. And you're reminding me why after I thought I had blocked it all out. :p

OP
OP
BY2K

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
The PS4 Pro and Xbox One X version, if supported, should be able to hit native 4K, considering they won't have to do much with the graphics considering the clean, simple art style.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
That would be only a small upgrade from Xbox360 to PS4/Xbox One. Just a resolution bump from 720p to 1080p. The consoles should be able to do a lot more, especially with these kind of graphics. I hope they can run at 60fps at all times.

The Pro version I also expect to surpass 1440p. I think 4K should be possible. Skyrim Special Edition runs in native 4K on PS4 Pro.
If they keep 30fps for cities and fields and 60fps for battle I expect 4K on PS4 Pro even more.
It's not an issue if what can be done, it's an issue of what will be. Also this will be based off the 576p PS3 version so I expect the upgrades mainly to be in resolution.

PS4 Pro might hit native 4k, or XBOX might not too. DarkSouls isn't 4k on either and is likely a more relevant comparison than Skyrim.

OP
OP
BY2K

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
I'm just hoping the Definitive Edition is actually done in-house at Namco.

If it's the case, that would turn out to be a pretty decent remaster.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping we would get some new information out of the festival so it looks more likely we will get a information on a random day in the next few weeks from the EU and US branches.

I don't think there's really much to talk about on the Japanese end as it's probably going to be a pretty barebones remaster like the Symphonia one was. The sales pitch they've been going with in Japan is that it includes the DLC and has touched-up/cleaner visuals, but so far haven't implied that they're doing anything else.

Elsewhere they'll probably do a rundown of what's been added/changed since the 360 version.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

DgKQW7UUEAAQBhf.jpg

Jake

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to play this on the switch. Haven't played this in years so I am looking forward to playing all the new stuff from the ps3 version.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Do we think the switch will be able to run this smoothly? I'd rather have it portable but I don't want the game to be compromised or run like shit on switch. Anyone have any ideas?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Do we think the switch will be able to run this smoothly? I'd rather have it portable but I don't want the game to be compromised or run like shit on switch. Anyone have any ideas?

It's a last gen game so there shouldn't be any problems.
Agreed. Game ran great on XB360, and the Switch is more powerful than that system, so there's little worry beyond the off-chance that the port is a rush job.