• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Cloud is overlord with Lee and Saviour with Jin?

cRexJC4.gif

She got to Conqueror at one point in TTT2 and went back and forth between Vanquisher and Destroyer. I knew she'd get to the upper Orange ranks in T7 at the very least.
Now I just need to follow her lol.

Speedkicks is also meh. He plays Hwoarang.

Speedkicks has some of the smoothest movement I've seen in this game. His Hwoarang is a joy to watch, for me at least.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
I LOVED Hwoarang in Tekken 3 especially 4. I just didn't care his design in T5&6. T7 he's back to being stylish, but he has too much cheese for me to like him. We've discussed those insane weapons already.

Tekken ERA seems to vacillate between caring about rank, and not caring.

Hmmm.

Cosmic Forge

Oct 28, 2017
it's very hard to be consistent as Yoshi, it requires insane creativity and you have to make your opponent guess your next move. This is why Yoshi isn't the best character if you like to play long sessions because you will eventually run dry as you opponent gets used to your mixups and what not.
Knee, K&T and Bronson all play Yoshi with a very dry, non gimmicky style and do quite well. Knee and K&T don't use gimmicks at all, and Bronson plays NSS 99% of the time with all of 5 moves in his arsenal. And wins against Jimmy.
Not sure why he doesn't play him in tourneys tho, I guess the DAH! man is too tempting
KaneandTrench as an incredible Yoshi player, but playing casuals against the rest of the Europe guys obviously gave them experience with his 'gimmicks'
in a tournament environment where half of the players you've played in casuals and have a personal bond with, and the other half being koreans and best US players probably didn't give Kane the confidence he needed to enforce creative setups and mixup.
At some point it just comes down to reads, not the characters. Anakin has proven many times that he can adjust course on the fly and get the win. K&T was trying to play the aggressive style and Anakin read it and started intercepting with d/f+2's. Also, not blocking hardly any debuggers didn't help either. :/

But yeah, there's definitely something to people wising up to Yoshi. It's not really about gimmicks, it's adjusting to his buffs, which he had a few over time since T7 and FR.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
For some weird reason, I haven't been able to find this combo on youtube vids.

But I've being doing this combo after launching with d/f+2,1: d/f+2,1 d/b+2,1 f+2,1 SE1

Does about 52 damage. Is that the best available or is there a better one out there?

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
She got to Conqueror at one point in TTT2 and went back and forth between Vanquisher and Destroyer. I knew she'd get to the upper Orange ranks in T7 at the very least.
Now I just need to follow her lol.

Speedkicks has some of the smoothest movement I've seen in this game. His Hwoarang is a joy to watch, for me at least.

Speedkicks is a verrry good player, who just goes on tilt unfortunately too easily.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I LOVED Hwoarang in Tekken 3 especially 4. I just didn't care his design in T5&6. T7 he's back to being stylish, but he has too much cheese for me to like him. We've discussed those insane weapons already.

Hmmm.

Too much cheese? You play Ling lmao

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For some weird reason, I haven't been able to find this combo on youtube vids.

But I've being doing this combo after launching with d/f+2,1: d/f+2,1 d/b+2,1 f+2,1 SE1

Does about 52 damage. Is that the best available or is there a better one out there?

You can go for f+3,2 to pop them up after df+2,1 and do combos. F+1,2,3 DE should work too after df+2,1. Generic combo enders after screw is df+1, b+3 F SE 1_3_df+1

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can cheese with every character if you want to. Some just have more cheese potential than others. ;]

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Speedkicks is a verrry good player, who just goes on tilt unfortunately too easily.

He's also very knowledgeable and really good at analyzing his own gameplay. On some of his streams in TTT2 he was commentating his own matches, explaining his thought process when going for certain moves.

ling players got blinders on

What if you play Ling and Hwoarang? Do those blinders get removed or are they even worse?

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
He's also very knowledgeable and really good at analyzing his own gameplay. On some of his streams in TTT2 he was commentating his own matches, explaining his thought process when going for certain moves.

What if you play Ling and Hwoarang? Do those blinders get removed or are they even worse?
Even worse
Why am i talking all my play is just pressing shit

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Hmmm.

As Dereck said, it depends. I, for example, am someone who is not very good at ranked. I'm shaking whenever I play that mode and get frustrated easily. I also don't stay as composed as I would when I play player matches. This changed with infinite rematches as I have some time to get used to my opponent and analyze him, which makes me way less nervous. It's also the reason I even managed to get Usurper.
On the other hand rank really doesn't dictate how good you are at this game and you shouldn't make it more important than it is. Achieving a high rank does take a lot of time and dedication though, so my friend reaching Overlord is something I definitely acknowledge.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Can't be bothered worth ranked
Rather run lobbies with people i hate more like sasuke

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I printed myself sidestep chart and take a peak before fight if I remember to.

Didn't help me yet.

pNJBups.gif

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

First tip is to memorize the ones weak to SSR, because they are the minority.

Second tip is this: Brazilian MILF with her pet at Law's restaurant.

If the character is a brazilian, then sidestep right (Katarina and Eddy), if the character is a MILF, same (Kazumi and Nina), then pets (Panda, Kuma and King, 'cause he makes animal sounds) and last Law's restaurant (Law and Paul).

The remaining tip is to memorize "B.D". If the name starts with any of those two letters, then you SSR (Brian, Bob and Dragunov).

gypymilehrewaafulnni.gif

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I said i hate ranked enough i'd rather play with people i dislike
But not actually play

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
Lots of delayable moves, moves with crushing properties, really good low pokes, 50/50 mixup and a stance with built-in mini SSR that ducks every high and quite a lot of mids. Yeah, I'd say Ling is pretty cheesy.

Delays like ff+2, 1 or u+1+2, 2, 1 or ws+2? Does 1,2,1 delay? That's all I can think of...I've never though of her as "hit confirm."

No argument with the low pokes.

WHAT 50/50 MIXUP???

AOP is not as strong as it used to be when it evaded even most mids, not just a lot of them.

She's a tricky character like Lucky Chloe or Yoshimitsu. Cheese? I don't think so. Not like Dragunov, Paul, Hwoarang.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Delays like ff+2, 1 or u+1+2, 2, 1 or ws+2? Does 1,2,1 delay? That's all I can think of...I've never though of her as "hit confirm.

I wouldn't count ws+2, but the other stuff: yeah. Also off the top of my head, her 1,d+2 and the extension 1,d+2,1+2. All of these moves are heavily delayable. I wouldn't really call that "hit confirm". Those are placed moves that a lot of opponents will run into if they tend to push buttons when they think a string has ended.

Her stances lead to great 50/50 opportunities. It's what they're there for. Or stuff like cancelling her sidestep into RDS. Those are moves that you have to commit to in order to not be predictable. AOP also gives her access to a plethora of great highs, mids and unseeable lows. Have you ever tried to dance around with her?

AOP is not as strong as it used to be when it evaded even most mids, not just a lot of them.

We've been over this. AOP is great the way it is right now. "A lot of mids" is already more than almost any other character is able to evade.

She's a tricky character like Lucky Chloe or Yoshimitsu. Cheese? I don't think so. Not like Dragunov, Paul, Hwoarang.

Calling any character in Tekken cheesy is debatable, but if you call characters like Dragunov and Paul cheesy, Xiaoyu definitely fits the description.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
I wouldn't count ws+2, but the other stuff: yeah. Also off the top of my head, her 1,d+2 and the extension 1,d+2,1+2. All of these moves are heavily delayable. I wouldn't really call that "hit confirm". Those are placed moves that a lot of opponents will run into if they tend to push buttons when they think a string has ended.

Her stances lead to great 50/50 opportunities. It's what they're there for. Or stuff like cancelling her sidestep into RDS. Those are moves that you have to commit to in order to not be predictable. AOP also gives her access to a plethora of great highs, mids and unseeable lows. Have you ever tried to dance around with her?

We've been over this. AOP is great the way it is right now. "A lot of mids" is already more than almost any other character is able to evade.

Calling any character in Tekken cheesy is debatable, but if you call characters like Dragunov and Paul cheesy, Xiaoyu definitely fits the description.

You're right. I shouldn't say "hit confirm."

That goes into me answering your question in the bold: no, because everyone I play is eager to hit me, so I rush through my transitions. For example, as soon as I move and a hit doesn't come out, an Alisia will double-hopkick.

I did not know 1, d+2 was delayable...I know it transitions into RSD if you don't hold D...and a lot of folks apparently know this too because they will begin jabbing immediately after blocking 1. d+2 before the 1+2 even begins. Yay if it hits for free 4~3.

Basically, the only time I dance is when people are backdash canceling from a full screen away, waiting for me to come to them.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Watching the TWT finals has me questioning why I'm even playing stuff like MVCI at all. Gonna pick T7 up on Black Friday after not playing this series since 4.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
You're right. I shouldn't say "hit confirm."

That goes into me answering your question in the bold: no, because everyone I play is eager to hit me, so I rush through my transitions. For example, as soon as I move and a hit doesn't come out, an Alisia will double-hopkick.

I did not know 1, d+2 was delayable...I know it transitions into RSD if you don't hold D...and a lot of folks apparently know this too because they will begin jabbing immediately after blocking 1. d+2 before the 1+2 even begins. Yay if it hits for free 4~3.

Basically, the only time I dance is when people are backdash canceling from a full screen away, waiting for me to come to them.

Try taking a step back sometimes and ask yourself what you've done wrong in a fight and why things are happening the way they are. If you're being interrupted that means that your offense has holes. Try closing them so your opponent has no choice but to respect your offense. For example, transitioning to RDS is only really worth it if you hit your opponent, so 1,d+2 should only be transitioned into RDS as a punish, otherwise you're open for attacks. 1,d+2,1+2 on the other hand is interruptable, so you could try delaying the d+2 to get your opponent to run right into it. If you do that the 1+2 at the end is much more likely to hit, giving you that sweet 4~3 follow up.
Something I like to start my offense with is d/f+1. If you hold a direction after that she doesn't transition into RDS. Now you can apply your 50/50, even better if the d/f+1 hits, which leaves you at quite the advantage.
Approaching your opponent always has some sort of strategy behind it. Xiaoyu isn't a heavy hitter, so you have to poke your way through your opponent's defense. Opening up an opponent with a solid defense requires quite the effort, which is why Ling is not an easy character to play as.

Watching the TWT finals has me questioning why I'm even playing stuff like MVCI at all. Gonna pick T7 up on Black Friday after not playing this series since 4.

DO. IT!
Glad to see that the TWT hype washes up some fresh blood to the Tekken shores.

when you get hate mail and it feels familiar

yU24X.jpg

This doesn't even make sense. Isn't cabron Spanish?
Your response is nice lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if DEATH tm ever made it to this site but I still remember the hate mail he got. Don't think anything has topped it since.

King is of Mexican origin and DEATH mained him

tumblr_mpnchbgq151sqsi0ao1_1280.jpg

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly 3 days after the DLC3 trailer I felt a bit of a revelation... Noctis already looks far better animated than any other regular Tekken character right now. And Tekken's hit animations during juggles where the opponent is sent somersaulting 20 feet in the air and stuff just looks so much more appropriate when you see it done with by someone swinging this impossibly large weapons everywhere and summoning lightning strikes down.

All this time I've been wanting Tekken to be more and more grounded but after watching the Noctis trailer I feel that the Namco of today would probably be far better off to just get rid of all the martial arts aspect of the series and go full fantasy sci-fi. When you compare how Noctis looks vs Shaheen/Katarina/Gigas/Claudio/etc. I think they should double down on the over the top nature since that looks to be the current Tekken team's true calling.