• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ulbrick

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Nottingham, England

Sadly, as of 21/09/2021 10:03PM GMT+1, an autopsy has confirmed the remains found in Wyoming are Gabby Petito's, and the FBI are now considering this a homicide investigation.

---

If you don't know much about the story so far I would highly recommend listening to the Crime Junkies podcast on it - Mods feel free to edit this and remove if this isn't allowed.

crimejunkiepodcast.com

MISSING: Gabby Petito | Crime Junkie Podcast

Gaby Petito is missing after a cross-country trip with her fiancée. He returned home alone with her van and since has refused to speak with her family or police.

If you don't want to listen to the podcast I'd recommend this post by Rareware - https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...-rip-gabby-petito.488941/page-3#post-73721641 and another post by SushiReese - https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...-house-rip-gabby-petito.488941/#post-73717930

---

Just regarding the Instagram stuff, I'll answer it here so we don't have any speculation.

Gabby's Instagram has limited the comments, this is likely to be Instagrams doing to stop the profile from being flooded.

The people who Brian follows has also been decreasing over the past few days, this is also likely to be folks blocking him and not him unfollowing people.

---

News Livestreams

LiveNOW from FOX -

www.youtube.com

Police resume intense search for Gabby Petito's fiance Brian Laundrie | LiveNOW From FOX

Subscribe to LiveNOW from FOX! https://www.youtube.com/newsnow?sub_confirmation=1Where to watch LiveNOW from FOX: https://www.livenowfox.com/Follow us @LiveN...

WFLA Live -

www.youtube.com

Gabby Petito Latest: Brian Laundrie Search Ongoing, Autopsy Being Performed | #HeyJB on WFLA Now

#GABBYPETITO LATEST: THE SEARCH FOR BRIAN | Police have resumed their search efforts for missing person of interest Brian Laundrie at Carlton Reserve in a va...

---

Old Threads

Thread #1

www.resetera.com

Van Life vlogger Gabby Petito missing after cross-country trip with boyfriend

Hope she is found safe. Last I heard the boyfriend returned home and is not saying much. Sad situation. https://www.fox13news.com/news/north-port-pd-find-van-used-by-missing-woman-boyfriend-on-cross-country-trip Their vlog:

Thread #2

www.resetera.com

Brian Laundrie, fiance of missing Woman Gabby Petito, In Hiding (Up: Press Conference Confirms Body Matches Description of Petito)

This comes directly from the Laundrie attorney. Let's try and keep this thread focused on the developing news. The last thread got locked due to a high amount of reports. https://www.resetera.com/threads/van-life-vlogger-gabby-petito-missing-after-cross-country-trip-with-boyfriend.486376/...

Last edited by a moderator:

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I was watching a stream when it started.

About a dozen FBI went in with lots of equipment.
The parents I believe were removed from the house and are in the SUV/minvan(?) in the front yard.
FBI telling people to remove themselves from the yard as it is a crime scene.

Another timeline

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Repost the timeline from other forum: Snipping the timeline and working on it - specifically the cars in the driveway during Sept12-17
Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks.
E_m96pYXIAUFq3h
July 2nd: Gabby Petito And Brian Laundrie Leave New York To Begin vLogging Trip In Van
July 5th: Arrive At Monument Rocks
July 8th: Arrive Colorado Springs
July 10th: Arrive At Grand Sand Dunes National Park
July 16th: Arrive At Zion National Park
July 20th: Arrive At Cedar Breaks
July 21st: Arrive At Bryce Canyon National Park
July 26th: Arrive At Mystic Hot Springs
July 30th: Arrive At Canyonlands National Park
August 12th: Arrive At Arches National Park
August 12th: Police Respond To Domestic Violence Report In Moab City, Utah

August 13th
: Brian's Last Photo Is Uploaded To Instagram
August 17th: Brian Flies Back Home To New Port, Florida To Assist His Father With Clearing Out A Storage Unit
August 19th: Video Of Trip Uploaded To YouTube
www.youtube.com

VAN LIFE | Beginning Our Van Life Journey

A glimpse into our van adventures! After our first cross country trip in a little Nissan Sentra, we both decided we to wanted downsize our lives and travel f...
August 23rd: Brian Flies Back To Utah
August 24th: Gabby And Brian Check Out Of Hotel In Salt Lake City, Utah
August 25th: Gabby's Last Photo Is Uploaded to Instagram
August 25th: Gabby's Final Phone Call With Mother; Says She Is Heading To Grand Teton National Park
August 27th: Communication Between Gabby And Her Mother Continues Via Texts
August 27th 6:00pm~6:30pm: YouTubers Jenn And Kyle Bethune Spot And Record The Van Parked At The Side Of The Road Near Spread Creek Disperse Camping Area In Grand Teton National Park

August 29th: Miranda Baker And Boyfriend Pick Up Brian At Colter Bay Village Outside Of Showers At Grand Teton National Park And Drop Him Off Near Parking Lot At Jackson Lake Dam

August 30th: Last Known Text From Gabby's Phone: "No Service In Yosemite"; Mother Thinks It Wasn't Gabby
September 1st: Gabby's Van Spotted Back At Brian's Home In Florida
September 10th: Joe Petito (Gabby's Father) Is Involved In A 'Public Service' Incident At Brian's Home In Florida
September 11th: Gabby Is Reported Missing By Her Parents
September 14th: Last Time Brian Was Allegedly Seen By His Parents
September 17th: Brian Is Reported Missing By His Parents
September 19th: Body Found In Grand Teton National Park; Confirmed To Be Gabby

September 20th: FBI Issues Warrant To Search Brian's Home; Parents Removed And Separated From Property
Banned Source(Fox News) reported Brian's parents are removed from house.
66c93af04280a2f17dfc4bec53e49669.jpg

edit

Last edited:

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Is Brian still on the lam or has he been tracked down?
Last I heard he was still "missing"

edit: Ah, I see the edit. He's still out there. This whole situation is just fucked.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I'm just mad that some cops weren't told to monitor this dude 24/7 for the next week or 2. I mean if he wasn't guilty, they could call it off and after nothing was found. But mere days later the body is found and the parents had the audacity to say "he is missing". Like Jesus man. How could they live with Gabby for more than a year and act like she wasn't a human‽

Anyways cops dropped the ball hard on BL. I can't believe anyone could turn the other cheeck and pretend he was innocent. How about wait until all search is exhausted to come to that conclusion? Being under surveillance is not that he is guilty but his actions could lead to finding Gabby.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Is the only reason the authorities have finally got a warrant to enter that house, because a body was found (thus a confirmed victim of a crime), or is it likely FBI have obtained more compelling evidence aside from the body, allowing them to proceed as they have today?

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Good. Hope they all have their lives ruined.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
That lawyer can do very little at this point. They are going to need to hire a criminal defense attorney that can defend a case against the federal courts.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
What are the chances Brian's already committed suicide? He's been hiding since last week and still hasn't turned up

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what could have happened there that would warrant classifying it as a crime scene?

I'm assuming it is just that the body was found yesterday. So there is officially a crime and the FBI went to a judge for a warrant to search the last known location of Brian. It was granted. And the FBI went in to search today.

Jun 10, 2018
The expected next step in what is essentially a homicide investigation, just like expect authorities to find evidence Brian's shit heel parents have been complicit in his slip from the cops.

Trash family save for the sister deserves every worst thing imaginable thrown their way.

The video which possibly helped find Gabby's van

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
repost from the previous thread, now with news media picks up :
on August 27 6~6:30 p.m, YouTubers Jenn And Kyle Bethune Spot And Record The Van Parked At The Side Of The Road
This maybe the video help authority locate the Gabby

Some uneasy details were uncovered from the videos:

.Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
www.insider.com

Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing

A YouTubing family said it caught footage of Petito's van unoccupied. Zoomed in, the footage suggests the rear door closed as the family approached.

On 1:35 mark you could clearly see the van's back door is open
Someone was closing the back door as the car approaches

2. you could see her flip-flops and cell-phone on the back side of van. Yesterday, Gabby's body was found in nearby location by FBI.

8:00 - you see the van as they've driving pass the vehicle, Brian's hat is on the driver seat(the dash cam is facing the drivers face).
Su9nZ6b.png

Last edited:

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not up to date, but if Brian's laywer knows where he is, I wonder if confidentiality still comes in play or not if it aids in something criminal

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I'm leaving to go to Yellowstone at the end of this month - my first time in Montana and Jackson, WY - so the case caught my interest due to the locations involved.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
repost from the previous thread, now with news media picks up :

Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing

The original vlogger just reupload the higher definition of the video moments ago. you could see the latest 4k version here.

On 1:35 mark you could clearly see the van's back door is open
Someone was closing the back door as the car approaches

you could see her flip-flops and cell-phone on the back side of van.

8:00 - you see the van as they've driving pass the vehicle (the dash cam is facing the drivers face).

This is nuts.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I'm leaving to go to Yellowstone at the end of this month - my first time in Montana and Jackson, WY - so the case caught my interest due to the locations involved.
My sister and brother-in-law were at Yellowstone and the Tetons all last week and just came back yesterday. Spooky.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They need to get their phone records. I'm sure they've been in contact with him since he went "missing."

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
How clueless are these cops down there
On Wednesday, the family went out to look for Laundrie and found his vehicle near the Carlton Reserve. The car had a note from the North Port Police Department saying that it needed to be removed.

Bertolino said the family left the car there so Laundrie would be able to drive back when he returned. When he still didn't come home on Thursday, the family went back to retrieve the car themselves.

If they looked up the license plate they could have been looking sooner.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for the victim and her family and all that, but why is this case getting so much national attention, evenon Era?

Missing White Girl Syndrome?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This story is moving too fast, but a body was found and identified?

I feel bad for the victim and her family and all that, but why is this case getting so much national attention, evenon Era?

The victim is an influencer.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

Because the threads keep getting locked because people keep de-railing them. Mods keep saying don't make another thread until more news breaks and news keeps breaking.

i wish mods could just thread ban everyone derailing so it can just be one thread but I get it. It's a lot of work.

as far as missing white girl syndrome. It's part of it but she is also a YouTube person as well as the circumstance that the person of interest just….vanished. So that's always going to raise interest.

May 14, 2021

Lots of white women go missing every single day that you know nothing about. This story has far more factors contributing to the interest. Past threads will clue you in.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
As someone out of the loop, why is this getting so much attention? Because the victim and perpetrator are young, white, and attractive? Any murder is a tragedy, but few get this amount of attention.

edit: I missed Thorn asked same question. Nevermind then.

Oct 25, 2017

Partially but also because the nature of the case. Even before this people had gone missing or were found dead after hikes.

not to mention these people were documenting their trip.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
As someone out of the loop, why is this getting so much attention? Because the victim and perpetrator are young, white, and attractive? Any murder is a tragedy, but few get this amount of attention.

There is some truth absolutely to her being white, young, attractive. However, she was also a vlogger with a decent amount of followers and the odd circumstances and the boyfriend's return definitely made this case a lot more prominent. I think there's also a lot of cultural crossover with the location and people imagining that being a possibility when you visit those places. It's kind of a spooky story that validates a lot of feelings of remote places when you go to those locations.