• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like I always check out on the military stuff. Last week's started off strong but I lost interest quickly. Hopefully this week is better.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
So far I've watched up to the special in Columbia, this season has an amazing start.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The fourth episode used a track for the GLA faction from the OST of Command and Conquer: Generals.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Jim Clark short is one of the best things they've ever done, truly.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. The Jim Clark segment of episode 5 redeemed episode 4.

Wish it was longer.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to miss those segments like the Jim Clark one and the Lancia one that happened seasons ago.

I legit couldn't care less about road car segments like the Alpine, Urus or any other, even the Mclaren Senna. But those history segments are almost always fantastic.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The Jim Clark segment really was fantastic. How cool would it be if they made a serious mini series on the history of cars and racing? I'd watch the hell out of that.

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
This Jim Clark bit from the latest episode and the Lancia vs Audi rivalry narrated by Clarkson from one of the earlier seasons are the best thing to have come out of this show.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I don't have much to add that hasn't been said already, but +1 on loving the Jim Clark piece. I need to re-watch the Senna piece they did back when, I think, it was still Top Gear.

torontoml

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get this episode to work on my TVs prime video app. I get an insufficient bandwidth error and only for this specific episode, everything else including the previous episodes all work.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
I love it when they do historical bits. The 2wd Lancia rally championship bit from last season was also fantastic. Watch that if you haven't seen it.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The Jim Clark segment was absolutely fantastic. I haven't really heard of him before so learning about his achievevments was fascinating. I also liked the car review segments, it's nice for the show to sometimes pretend to be a proper car show.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I like this one quite a bit.

That electirc car segment was bonkers and the China stuff was lovely.

"You just look like you've got a submachine gun in a violin case" made me laugh very hard.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The Jim Clark segment was fantastic, I love it when they do those. I know the name but no idea of his achievements. Legendary.

Wait, they did a bit on Senna? I must have missed this, I don't remember it at all.

They did the Senna segment in Top Gear. Season 15 episode 5 I think.

--

Interestingly, Clarkson said before the season in an interview that the China episode would be shit, and that they had a miserable time with it (issues with production, extremely spicy food, extreme heat). So I had my expectations quite low. But I ended up really enjoying it. It was a great episode in my opinion. The only "eh" part was the passenger segment, but it was quite short anyway.

Carl2291

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best part about the China episode is Chong Ching (sp?) and how fascinating that place seems to be, it looks futuristic, as well as how competent the Chinese seem to be with road building.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
The best part about the China episode is Chong Ching (sp?) and how fascinating that place seems to be, it looks futuristic, as well as how competent the Chinese seem to be with road building.

There is something fascinating about China being a country that expanded and advanced maybe too quickly. You have the obvious issues like the awful privacy issues, surveillance, and other human rights abuses. But when you look at some the engineer achievements you have to wonder "at what cost?" You see videos and stories of whole cities getting constructed in a relatively short amount of time, but no one moves in and they fall into disrepair. Are these things being built with the same quality of materials as they would in the west? After they're built, are they able to maintain them? Looking at that luxury car, yeah you could dump a whole lot of money to make this fancy car, but it doesn't actually seem all that good. Loved the episode, this season I feel has been the best of the three so far.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thought this week's felt like a classic episode.

And I couldn't get over how awesome that city was.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on the two new episodes and both were great. I did find the China episode time be better.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
That car with the anime girl assistant is the most Era car I've ever seen.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to get my Chinese driver license and it was going to be a written test. I don't know how they didn't have to take one.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Loved the Scotland stuff in this new episode. What a gorgeous drive that bit at the end would have been. Goddamn, man.

I LOVE that Alfa GTV6

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Unexpected special. Didn't know there was going to be another one after the colombia one. And almost 90 minutes long too!

I loved the
American
cameos.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm not sure I've laughed as much as seeing Richard stuck trying to get through the window... brilliant stuff.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
For the old, non-UK gearheads:

He's absolutely right, and no wonder they (or at least the producer) low key supported FinalGear back in the day.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the old, non-UK gearheads:

He's absolutely right, and no wonder they (or at least the producer) low key supported FinalGear back in the day.

Shit I used to watch the old episodes on FinalGear back in the day. Alex was a very nice guy.

Awful news, condolences to his family. 34 is far too young.

Strax

Oct 28, 2017
Me and my girlfriend watched and agreed it was the worst special they've ever done. I laughed maybe 3 times.