• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this Alice guard break combo and looks pretty good. It's easy to punish if you GC roll but it does decent damage and you can do it against someone that doesn't have a bar.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the story mode total shit or decent enough? Proper arcade mode? Im one of those jerks that doesn't play online.
It's $12 on US PSN right now and Ive always been a KoF fan. Not a huge fan, but I like the series well enough.

Oct 26, 2017
Is the story mode total shit or decent enough? Proper arcade mode? Im one of those jerks that doesn't play online.
It's $12 on US PSN right now and Ive always been a KoF fan. Not a huge fan, but I like the series well enough.

The story mode is just an arcade mode. There's not really much to it--fight against eight/nine teams(I forget), then fight Antonov and then fight Verse. Every few battles there's a story cutscene that's not tied to any team. When you get to Verse however, certain teams have their own cutscene before fighting him.

Another thing is that during the story mode, there's a chance to encounter interactions between characters before a fight. Sort of like a rival cutscene. Each character has three rival interactions, including the DLC characters(Kyo vs Iori, Terry vs Geese, Kim vs Chang/Choi, etc...)

Each team has their own ending. It's about the same as any other KOF game in that regard.

Oct 25, 2017
So I just got this game on Steam.... and my computer is a bit old for the game, my GPU and CPU I guess, it runs great on most stages, but there are 3-4 stages that lag the game down to a halt... I am not an expert in modding and such, but I really wish there was a way to remove/replace these stupid laggy stages with more simpler ones ( basically cut down on the number of stages in the game) so I can have more smoother, 60fps experience.. Can anyone help me with this?

Anyway I can trick the game files to think they are running the one (laggy) stage, which in fact they are running more of the "lighter" stages?

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
KOFes was really good this year, just like the last one.

I wasn't expecting a new patch and I'm really happy with the support this game is getting so I guess it's time to go back to training. I don't think they should nerf the top characters too much but they should buff a lot the low tiers and the first DLC characters, Whip needs to be good in this game.

So I just got this game on Steam.... and my computer is a bit old for the game, my GPU and CPU I guess, it runs great on most stages, but there are 3-4 stages that lag the game down to a halt... I am not an expert in modding and such, but I really wish there was a way to remove/replace these stupid laggy stages with more simpler ones ( basically cut down on the number of stages in the game) so I can have more smoother, 60fps experience.. Can anyone help me with this?

Anyway I can trick the game files to think they are running the one (laggy) stage, which in fact they are running more of the "lighter" stages?
I don't think you can remove stages so this is really unfortunate. The game demands way more of PCs than it should.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure, I bought it last night but was playing story mode to unlock the endings....

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
Anybody here on era still playing KOFXIV on PS4? Anybody want to hook up online? I gifted myself a neo geo mini for christmas and now i am complety hooked again for kof. Online is still brutal for me, because i am pretty bad. But it is still interested getting your ass kicked by some godlike south american guys/girls.

OP
OP
SAB-CA

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Sure, always up to some games on Ps4. Especially with the latest patch. Patches and good tourneys always bring extra life to a game.

Is the online in this game dead?
Does ANYTHING completly go dead now-a-days? Anytime I want to find fights on this, I can on PS4. Finding ranked matches might not happen, but player lobbies are almost always up. Just less likely at bad times of the day / night.

Oct 29, 2017
Chapter 13-2 of A new Beginning dropped today, is focused on Angel, explaining how her story changed now that K9999 has vanished. Seemingly, NESTS is still around and is keeping tabs of all the "traitors" (Angel, Sylvie, K', Maxima and Kula).

Is also revealed that Angel's team up with KOD and Ramon goes beyond KOF with Ramon working on getting her to break through into the Lucha Libre scene as "Angel of Justice"

Pretty good chapter overall, although now I'm worried if this means Team Mexico is up against Team Ikari in the Third Match.