Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
In the crafting menu there's a pistol with a suppressor attached to it. You couldn't attach suppressors in TLoU1 could you?

D8GsRgK.jpg

I really like what they've done with the UI overall. Very clean.
Finally.....FINALLY

Zatoichi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Best looking game I have seen yet, amazing what Sony first part can do on a weaker machine.

Combat looked amazing.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing about the violence seems like an out there extension of the first. I do think the attention to detail and generation leap is probably making this harder to swallow. It seems a little more violent, but nothing that I didn't probably already assumed happen in the universe of the first game.

I'm sure some adjustments can be made to the 'gratuitous' violence if ND is concerned by the response.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Well, I guess Neil lied straight to our faces then. Anyway, they went with a strong/smart black female character.

Why not? It's not an unreasonable thing to lie about, and many Developers lie. Anyone who has a job has to lie about their work. I just said I don't really buy it. I mever said he lied to anyones's face.

But I don't care too much anyway, and it's not like I said you were a liar so I'm not sure where this tone's coming from.

Ellie being officially shown as gay in LB doesnt suddenly make her straight in TLOU. Once the cat was out of the bag it changed everything and it automatically made Ellie a gay female character in TLOU as well.

Also, even if subtle, Bill was a promiment character who also happened to be gay. I don't think Frank being dead takes anything away from it. And tonight, the TLOU2 demo spoke for itself.

I think Neil is doing pretty well in that area considering TLOU is a AAA game made by one of the most popular game studios today.

The point was that with excpetion to this Demo they've been relegating gay characters to hints and side-content, which isn't that progressive.

And besides, this whole thing was talking about the likelihood of them repeating the "bury your gays" trope. I was making the point that, while they've included gay characters, there's no reason to think that they're beyond that trope. Heck they've litteraly done it twice before in this series already.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uhg

The one thing I wanted them to ditch were the crafting and upgrade mechanics

Naughty Dog please hire me as your consultant

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't like gameplay demo to be honest. It felt too scripted and I expected more than just combat demo. Game is more than that.
I'm really happy by that, Naughty Dog would have probably spoiled something major if they decided to use a set-piece instead. Like when they spoiled the best set-piece in Uncharted 4.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
The Madagascar demo played and looked exactly how it demo.....I love the revisionist history in this thread b.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I just noticed the church they demoed the game in was the same one in the actual game. I'm slow

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For real, some of you are married to the idea you need crafting for any type of quasi open environment game and that it some how makes for a better combat system.

They should have kept the combat system from the original demo where weapons were disposable, and I would have taken it a step further to the point where crafting is an out of combat activity only or something that makes noise which will give away your position.

Hopefully there is no character and weapon upgrade system, but I doubt it.

Mar 10, 2018
I did finish the game. You can't do things to this level in the first game

The freaking graphics are too detailed and realistic to freaking behead people
The first one was not this realistic (ps3 game After all)

Dunno man that was kinda too violent for me :/
Good. That means we're progressing as a medium. We can no longer sit back and disaffectedly no-scope people in the head. Violence should make one uncomfortable.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
What if the cult is hunting homosexuals? Homophobia survives the zombie apocalypse...not surprised actually.

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
For real, some of you are married to the idea you need crafting for any type of quasi open environment game and that it some how makes for a better combat system.

They should have kept the combat system from the original demo where weapons were disposable, and I would have taken it a step further to the point where crafting is an out of combat activity only or something that makes noise which will give away your position.
Tlou kinda of a stealth survival horror game so I feel the crafting fits well. One of my favorite parts of the original game was managing my resources and planning my tactics based on those resources.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Fuck man, this is day one for me, fuckin hell, that was amazing and left me with no words, I mean it doesn't even look like a Playstation 4 game, it's straight up a next-gen game... goddamn.

I want this NOW

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
It amazes me how ND can be so far ahead of everyone else in storytelling and facial expressions. They're games are ALIVE. Graphics looks insane in this game.

My only concern would be that the gameplay might be too repetitive. This has been one of my few criticisms of Uncharted. Never felt that way about The Last of Us, though, and I'm sure ND has learned a lot since then too.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Why not? It's not an unreasonable thing to lie about, and many Developers lie. Anyone who has a job has to lie about their work. I just said I don't really buy it. I mever said he lied to anyones's face.

But I don't care too much anyway, and it's not like I said you were a liar so I'm not sure where this tone's coming from.

I said that because he responded to the whole controversy explaning that Laura was already hired before they had the character design. It was later on (iirc this part) that Neil was going through a couple of character designs and he really liked the one we ended up getting.

That's why not buying that is basically saying that he lied.

Anyway, you'd be hard pressed trying to find many AAA devs at the stature of ND that are as progressive as they've been since they released TLOU. Neil being the precursor of it.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This looked unbelievable. Easily my game of the show. It looked so good it has lots of people in the conference thread thinking the gameplay was all scripted when it clearly wasn't.

Will be fun seeing reactions when that realisation hits certain people later down the line. But that's how you gauge just how polished and competent the gameplay and animations really are, when it's so good people confuse it for being scripted.

Oct 27, 2017
What are the reactions there? Rage over the kiss?

Don't want to link to toxic threads, but this is the gist of it:

Catering to a "certain" demographic
The "Les" of Us
The term SJW is being thrown around a lot
Joel better be playable or I ain't buying
Promoting same-sex relations is NOT OK, but OK with violence and gore

Etc.

Nov 30, 2017
Got serious OG TLOU vibes back from this. Except darker. This should be a very intense game. Cant wait. The gameplay looked phenomenal. So fluid.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
Just compare this with the Tomb Raider stealth sequence... It tries to accomplish the same thing, with tension, giving weight, meaning and desperateness to the gameplay - yet one looks like it was made with the gameplay from 10 years back and the other looking at the future of games.

Yup. Nail on the head.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017

The "Les" of Us

Etc.

Took a quick peek out of curiosity and...I don't know what I expected.

They can skip on the game and it's no skin off my back.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It did nothing for me.

I am glad it wasn't just a CGI trailer but I dunno, I am glad it focused on the story and told us a bit about Ellie but I dunno.

It just didn't wow me as much as I wanted to. Like I wanted something more but I don't know what. Maybe more story details or some new gameplay feature if there was one.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

The "Les" of Us

Etc.

Sad but also expected .
Just happy ND said fuck you to all those type of people .

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The "Les" of Us

Etc.

Ridiculous

I am glad that scene triggered the assholes

ronco2000

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's rated M people. Stop complaining how brutal this game is. The last game was brutal. What did you all expect about this one?

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Last of us 2 is going for violence for the sake of violence
The guy in the video got shot like 5 times with arrows and was hit + on his knees already dying pretty much
Then she slice him and do it again to cut off his head? Wtf

If anything the people in the world need protection from her. She is the enemy lol

They did that for a reason. Didn't you hear the girl in the dance hall?

These moments were picked for a reason. Its going to be the central struggle of the narrative I bet, what this world has done to Ellie, especially after Joel.

Ita gonna be serious and its going to be brutal, but also necessary. If you find joy in it, seek help.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017

The point was that with excpetion to this Demo they've been relegating gay characters to hints and side-content, which isn't that progressive.

And besides, this whole thing was talking about the likelihood of them repeating the "bury your gays" trope. I was making the point that, while they've included gay characters, there's no reason to think that they're beyond that trope. Heck they've litteraly done it twice before in this series already.
But everyone lost someone they loved in the first game. That's part of the theme. Joel lost Tess and his daughter fought to save ellie so she didn't die. The black dude lost his brother. Ellie lost Riley. The black chick lost... Tess, I guess? Idk about her.

StewboaT

Mar 6, 2018
The graphics and animations blew me away. Love how God damn brutal it can get as well. Game of the show by far.