• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
There is a huge problem with this series for me. You can only watch it legally at the end of March if you live in Europe. -_-
Apple did a global launch, why cant Disney?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This season is 8 episodes right? Have they said anything about doing more seasons if this is well received? Or is this intended to be a one and done show?

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
E1Yi0jJ.png

f5phB6Y.gif

lol,

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to point out that Jon Favreau was the voice of Pre Vizsla (who was the leader of Death Watch)

He's also written every episode of this series. So i'm calling it now, this is going to be Death Watch propaganda.

DON'T FALL FOR IT PEOPLE. 😆
Where my Filoni Clone Wars/Rebels stans at

Represent
giphy.gif

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I WANT LIVE ACTION CLONE TROOPERS FLASH BACK PLEASE FILONI PLEASE!

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
Debating whether or not to wake up early and watch this before work to avoid being spoiled throughout the day...

Apr 8, 2018
2 episodes of the Mandalorian and Jedi: Fallen Order dropping in the same week? It's a damn good time to be a Star Wars fan!

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
40 years of fans, countless books, comics, and now an entire tv show built entirely off the back of just looking so god damn cool. That's the boba fett legacy.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
This has probably been asked a million times already but why isn't this a Boba Fett show and why isn't that IG-88? In my head I'm always gonna pretend it's them

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Huh, I had no idea Favreau wrote most of the episodes. That's a pretty time-consuming task, you need 1000% investment, so I have even more high hopes for this series.

Great thread OP, very informative but to the point.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
This has probably been asked a million times already but why isn't this a Boba Fett show and why isn't that IG-88? In my head I'm always gonna pretend it's them

Lucasfilm/Disney has this complex around the new EU where nothing is allowed through about legacy character unless it's meticulously planned and picked over. That's why it's not Boba Fett and not IG-88

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I had no idea Favreau wrote most of the episodes. That's a pretty time-consuming task, you need 1000% investment, so I have even more high hopes for this series.

Great thread OP, very informative but to the point.
Apparently he's had them sitting in his desk for years pretty much ready to go

Basically, this is Jon's fanfic project with disney's blessing ;)

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody has seen a full episode yet. They showed thirty minutes of a few episodes stitched together to some outlets and fan sites a few weeks ago. Disney have said it's to stop the spread of spoilers.

Unless they're going to pull a "It actually is Boba after all!" twist then I don't see what kind of thing critics could possibly spoil about the first 2-3 episodes of a brand new series.

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Unless they're going to pull a "It actually is Boba after all!" twist then I don't see what kind of thing critics could possibly spoil about the first 2-3 episodes of a brand new series.
There is supposed to be a major spoiler in the first episode according to The New York Times. What counts as one of those these days is a different matter.

Dec 12, 2017
I have said, if it winds up being this, i think i might be done with the show before it even starts. It will prove to me they have no faith in telling an original story.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We've heard Boba Fett speak and he does not have Pedro Pascal's voice, either in the original edit or the Temuera Morrison re-dub.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
We've heard Boba Fett speak and he does not have Pedro Pascal's voice, either in the original edit or the Temuera Morrison re-dub.

Not that I am advocating for Boba Fett to return, I personally find him to be a bad character, but the voice being different means nothing. We literally have two completely different looking/sounding actors playing Han Solo.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not that I am advocating for Boba Fett to return, I personally find him to be a bad character, but the voice being different means nothing. We literally have two completely different looking/sounding actors playing Han Solo.

Right but the whole thing about Boba Fett is that he's literally a clone of another guy and Pedro Pascal looks and sounds nothing like him. Not in an Alden Ehrenreich way, but like, not even the same ethnicity kind of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.