The MetalEra |OT| We're not in the Stone Age anymore

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Also if any of you are up for some rustic black metal insanity then give UNGFELL a shot because I just bought this album on bandcamp and it kicks major ass!
these guitars are putting in work, vouch. Hard to keep up with all these killer Eisenwald releases.
The first album is just as good, check it as well. Glad they got added to the Mystískaos lineup for more exposure.
yeah definitely. I actually recognized the name from the Fallen Empire days (RIP in peace) but never got around to checking them out. Hoping for more.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
New Ghost. Definitely not metal but frankly given the insane amount of thought they’ve put into their mythos at this point I don’t care.

Also “Seven Inches of Satanic Panic” is hilarious.

Blue Skies

Mar 27, 2019
I don’t really listen to much metal, compared to hip hop and alternative and reggaetón, but here are some bands I like:
Metallica
Alice In Chains (Black gives way to blue is one of my most listened albums. Idk, something about it just hits me right)
Mastodon
Slipknot
Nirvana (counts right?)
System of a down( I do find it annoying to listen to now though)

Based off my “mainstream as fuck” likes, what are some bands I should look into?

Any metal bands with a female singer?

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Based off my “mainstream as fuck” likes, what are some bands I should look into?
Growing up I mainly listened to stuff like Nirvana, Manson, Sabbath, Pantera, etc. Slipknot's self-titled album (and Napster) was probably the catalyst for me getting into more extreme music. At the Gates, In Flames, Children of Bodom, and Opeth were pretty effective gateway bands for me. Which eventually lead to more and more extreme sub-genres: Dismember to Cryptopsy to Pig Destroyer (and ending at stuff like Lymphatic Phlegm).

There's probably better gateway bands to ease you into things, but that's the path that worked for me.

Zelenogorsk

Mar 1, 2018
Speaking of Bodom I'm listening to Something Wild right now and The Nail is still their best song ever!

Pure neoclassical melodeath madness!

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix, Arizona
Starting to really enjoy The Great Southern Trendkill, actually, despite not liking Pantera in general. I know Pantera is from Texas, but it feels more New Orleans and Louisiana in general than Texas.

I need more Metal from New Orleans.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
The more I listen to the new Ghost EP, the more I like it. "If you choose to run away with me, I'll tickle you internally." Hahahaahaha!

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Cult of Fire (CZE)

Cult of Fire have announced a double album entitled "Moksha/Nirvana" to be released next year, which will be their first full-length effort since their 2013 masterpiece. Friendly reminder that these two LPs should be in your collection somewhere. Amazing triumphant energy all throughout. The band will be touring Europe in 2020 with Malokarpatan who will also be promoting a new album. Needless to say that will be one of the best shows of the year if you can make it.