• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
No preload for people upgrading from Nioh 2?

I ordered the collection since it was cheaper than just buying Nioh 1 again, so I can't check, but you can go to Nioh 2 in your game library and press on the "..." menu to see all the available versions. There should be a PS5 | Full | Nioh 2 Remastered - The Complete Edition option which if you select, it may give you the option to download.

DexterBear

Apr 24, 2018
Hey guys, Feel free to watch my "review" and my gameplay video on PC. The commentary is portuguese but I had some fun playing it.
www.youtube.com

Nioh 2 - The Complete Edition Gameplay

Em Nioh 2 - The Complete Edition, enfrenta hordas de yokai neste RPG com uma dificuldade extrema. Personaliza a tua personagem e aventura-te por uma panóplia...

Feb 15, 2019
Why is everyone saying 2/2? My PSN store says it's the 5th not the 2nd?
That might've been my bad. I confused the Ys IX release dates which are 02/02 in NA and 02/05 in EU and accidentally thought that was the date here too with the title just being a typo rather than just being wrong (02/20 being 02/02). The update is indeed on the 5th and not the 2nd.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I ordered the collection since it was cheaper than just buying Nioh 1 again, so I can't check, but you can go to Nioh 2 in your game library and press on the "..." menu to see all the available versions. There should be a PS5 | Full | Nioh 2 Remastered - The Complete Edition option which if you select, it may give you the option to download.
Nothing yet. But thanks!, I had no idea that section even existed in the game library.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
I read that some of the trophies are unlocked once you save transfer to Nioh 2 PS5, but not all of them. Do we know which ones don't?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will the PS5 blu-ray contain everything on disc, or is some of the content coming from servers?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I just noticed the title has been wrong for like 3 months now. Should be 02/02 and not 02/20.

So according to some people you need to redownload it to upgrade from ps4 to ps5. Does that mean like the full game and did I waste my time downloading ps4 Nioh 2 to my ps5 a few days ago or is it more like a patch that I'd be downloading as opposed to the full game again?
To clarify: you don't need to download the PS4 version of Nioh 2 to get the PS5 version, but you do need to download the PS4 version to transfer your save data. Open up the PS4 version, go to system settings and upload to cloud so it's ready for PS5.

I read that some of the trophies are unlocked once you save transfer to Nioh 2 PS5, but not all of them. Do we know which ones don't?
psnprofiles.com

Chaos_Bladez's Nioh 2 Trophies

1 Platinum • 2 Gold • 5 Silver • 87 Bronze

Look at this person's list. Anything unlocked at 8:18 was an auto pop, the rest wasn't. Looks like it's mostly optional mission stuff that doesn't auto pop. Should be re-platinumed within a few hours of replaying missions.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019
To clarify: you don't need to download the PS4 version of Nioh 2 to get the PS5 version, but you do need to download the PS4 version to transfer your save data. Open up the PS4 version, go to system settings and upload to cloud so it's ready for PS5.

psnprofiles.com

Chaos_Bladez's Nioh 2 Trophies

1 Platinum • 2 Gold • 5 Silver • 87 Bronze

Look at this person's list. Anything unlocked at 8:18 was an auto pop, the rest wasn't. Looks like it's mostly optional mission stuff that doesn't auto pop. Should be re-platinumed within a few hours of replaying missions.

Oh I had already uploaded all my saves to the cloud before switching out the PS4 for the PS5 so I was good there. Unless you meant you still needed the PS4 version for it asides from that.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Oh I had already uploaded all my saves to the cloud before switching out the PS4 for the PS5 so I was good there. Unless you meant you still needed the PS4 version for it asides from that.
It's a specific Nioh 2 cloud upload. I'm not referring to PS+. You will have needed to transfer your save data from within the Nioh 2 PS4 client, and that functionality only went live recently.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who owns Nioh 2 on PS4, I see I will be able to upgrade to Nioh 2 PS5 and any DLCs will come with it.

However, I don't own any of the Nioh 2 DLCs on PS4. I eventually will want to buy them. After I upgrade to the PS5 version of Nioh 2, will I still be able to buy the DLCs for the PS5 version? Will I need to buy them for the PS4 version then upgrade them ?

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
As someone who owns Nioh 2 on PS4, I see I will be able to upgrade to Nioh 2 PS5 and any DLCs will come with it.

However, I don't own any of the Nioh 2 DLCs on PS4. I eventually will want to buy them. After I upgrade to the PS5 version of Nioh 2, will I still be able to buy the DLCs for the PS5 version? Will I need to buy them for the PS4 version then upgrade them ?
That's... a good question.
I see that they only mention that the base game Nioh 2 Remastered won't be available for purchase (only as a free upgrade if you have the base game on PlayStation 4), so maybe the individual pieces of DLC will be available for purchase, on the other hand?

EDIT: Wait, no, the official Japanese site actually says that Nioh 2 Remastered and the three pieces of DLC will not be available for purchase separately. So, assuming that's also true outside of Japan, I guess you would have to buy the PlayStation 4 version of the DLC and then get the free PlayStation 5 upgrade for that piece of DLC.

Last edited:

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
Are the graphics in Nioh 2 improved from Nioh 1? I've read Nioh 2 basically looks the same, but maybe with improved lighting?

Gray-Fox

Oct 27, 2017
if this video is correct, Nioh remastered ranges from 792 - 1080

VCe1IMZl.png

Nioh 2 Load time comparison
JqNOmVTl.png

source

Last edited:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
That's... a good question.
I see that they only mention that the base game Nioh 2 Remastered won't be available for purchase (only as a free upgrade if you have the base game on PlayStation 4), so maybe the individual pieces of DLC will be available for purchase, on the other hand?

EDIT: Wait, no, the official Japanese site actually says that Nioh 2 Remastered and the three pieces of DLC will not be available for purchase separately. So, assuming that's also true outside of Japan, I guess you would have to buy the PlayStation 4 version of the DLC and then get the free PlayStation 5 upgrade for that piece of DLC.

Good to know. But the big question is if I do the upgrade now can I buy the dlc on PS4 later and upgrade them? Or is it a one time upgrade to the PS5 version and I'm locked out of getting any DLCs if I don't have them when I upgrade

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
the big question is if I do the upgrade now can I buy the dlc on PS4 later and upgrade them? Or is it a one time upgrade to the PS5 version and I'm locked out of getting any DLCs if I don't have them when I upgrade
I'd be really surprised if you couldn't buy the DLC and upgrade it later on, personally... But hey, don't quote on me on that: I guess sillier things have happened. ^^;

Violater

Nov 19, 2017
I for some reason cannot seem to wrap my head around the upgrade path.
I just have the base NIOH 1, does my save carry over to the PS5 version.
Which PS5 version should I buy.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be really surprised if you couldn't buy the DLC and upgrade it later on, personally... But hey, don't quote on me on that: I guess sillier things have happened. ^^;

I can really see this being the case.

If the only thing you can buy on PS5 is the version that includes all DLCs, it might be very strange for them to have the same DLCs on the store.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Are the graphics in Nioh 2 improved from Nioh 1? I've read Nioh 2 basically looks the same, but maybe with improved lighting?
4k support is worst in terms of scaling. It's an uneven resolution scaling so alot of pixelation in 4k performance mode even if you run it on ps5. Overall effect works and material shaders are improved. Whatever skin shader and physic base material rendering tech they implement in doa6 got carried over at least to me.

above average

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Good to know. But the big question is if I do the upgrade now can I buy the dlc on PS4 later and upgrade them? Or is it a one time upgrade to the PS5 version and I'm locked out of getting any DLCs if I don't have them when I upgrade

Pretty sure the PS5 upgrade is only available if you have the complete package already, so you need to buy the season pass now.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I need confirmation that these games are flawless 120fps instead of the abomination that DMC5 ended up being.

PLS

Nioh 2 at least is pretty bad. Can't hold 120 even outside the Dark Real, and often hovers in the mid 80s.

Also it looks like ass in that mode.

Which PS5 version should I buy.

Your save does carry over to the PS5 version. You have to have the PS4 version installed, and patched. From there, you can upload your save and then download it from the main menu in the PS5 version.

There's no upgrade path for Nioh 1. You'll have to buy the PS5 version.

Since you don't own Nioh 2, you can buy the Deluxe Collection thing that included both Nioh 1 and 2 remastered.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the PS5 upgrade is only available if you have the complete package already, so you need to buy the season pass now.

That is not the case. If you have Nioh 2 with no DLCs you can upgrade to a special PS5 version that doesn't include the DLCs:

"Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4 "

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
If you have the base Nioh 2 game on PlayStation 4, you're entitled to a free upgrade to the base Nioh 2 Remastered game on PlayStation 5.
If you have pieces of the Nioh 2 DLC trilogy on PlayStation 4, you're entitled to free upgrades for those pieces of DLC on PlayStation 5.
If you buy Nioh 2 Complete Edition on PlayStation 4, you also get Nioh 2 Remastered Complete Edition on PlayStation 5.

There is no upgrade path at all for the first Nioh game.

You can transfer your save by uploading it from the options menu of the PlayStation 4 game, and then downloading it from the options menu of the PlayStation 5 game.

Last edited:

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
That is not the case. If you have Nioh 2 with no DLCs you can upgrade to a special PS5 version that doesn't include the DLCs:

"Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4 "
How do I do this? I have the digital base PS4 version in my library and there is no PS5 version option anywhere. Not in the library "information" tab nor in the store.

above average

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

Well then, I believe the way the DLC works is everyone downloads it and buying it is just a key to unlock it. So there wouldn't be anything to upgrade later.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
If the only thing you can buy on PS5 is the version that includes all DLCs, it might be very strange for them to have the same DLCs on the store.
From what I understand, they're there, it's just that they're not available for purchase. You can only get them (for free) if you're entitled to them, i.e. if you own their PlayStation 4 counterparts.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand, they're there, it's just that they're not available for purchase. You can only get them (for free) if you're entitled to them, i.e. if you own their PlayStation 4 counterparts.

Hah ok well it seems no one knows.

The issue I see happening is that it may just give you the ability to add Nioh 2 PS5 to your library once. It then decides which version you have, and you get a version with the DLCs you own unlocked. It then doesn't have the ability to see that you have purchased additional DLCs on the PS4 later

I guess I should just buy the season pass to be safe even though I would much rather wait for them to go on sale later