Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
5PzKXQm.png

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Runaway is never evil ):

Runaway now is not OWL level, as fanboy-triggering as that sounds. People loved them for their underdog streak, and their vibrant brand/personality, but expecting them to get pick up is very unrealistic. They still have to actually win something first. At the same time, I'd honestly advise Flowervin to sell Bumper, Stitch and Haksal and then rebuild. Those buyouts money can help Runaway for a few more season.

this is a copy pasta please dont hurt me lol

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I will now accept nothing less but a Shock/Titans finale now as a final cap to this season. They've each won one stage finals against each other, they MUST have a final showdown to make this as anime as possible.

Just remind yourself that everytime they predict Van to lose, they're doing it off of hopes rather than facts

Unless they're playing the Justice, who are undefeated against the Titans. 🤷‍♂️

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck was up with Titans and control today. That shit was TERRIFYING.

I will now accept nothing less but a Shock/Titans finale now as a final cap to this season. They've each won one stage finals against each other, they MUST have a final showdown to make this as anime as possible.

The stars are aligned so watch Hangzhou pull off the miracle upset lol

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
NY looked bad on both Control maps and SBB and Meko had an overall weak match and they need to work on ult usage.

Still, they put up a darn good fight. Seeing them fight the winner of Spark/Shock is going to be good. Wouldn't be surprised if they run it back. Not surprised that Titans made it to Grand Finals though. Funny how people said they'd be trash after GOATS because of one loss. That team is just unreal, can't even be mad.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Haksal is also such a superstar stud. Feels like there's just no stopping him.

Yep. As much as I've grown to enjoy NYXL's run trying to prove that they're not chokers, we need the grand finale rubber match for ShockvTitans in the Grand Finals.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Runaway now is not OWL level, as fanboy-triggering as that sounds. People loved them for their underdog streak, and their vibrant brand/personality, but expecting them to get pick up is very unrealistic. They still have to actually win something first. At the same time, I'd honestly advise Flowervin to sell Bumper, Stitch and Haksal and then rebuild. Those buyouts money can help Runaway for a few more season.

this is a copy pasta please dont hurt me lol
Don't give me this "NYXL looks better" talk. Pushing Vancouver Titans to map 5 in a MEANINGLESS match means NOTHING! The Titans rotated half their roster around! The New York Excelsior won't win a single playoff series. They're not good enough anymore. #OWL2019

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

Unless they're playing the Justice, who are undefeated against the Titans. 🤷‍♂️
Even better, they have a 2-2 record against each other

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
So how does Grand Finals work with the implementation of the losers bracket? Does the losers bracket winner have to beat the Titans in two sets? First to reset the bracket to bring the Titans into losers, and then beat them again? That's how it's done in fighting game tourneys with the same bracket system.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
So how does Grand Finals work with the implementation of the losers bracket? Does the losers bracket winner have to beat the Titans in two sets? First to reset the bracket to bring the Titans into losers, and then beat them again? That's how it's done in fighting game tourneys with the same bracket system.
Yep, it'll work the same way since it is double elimination so the Winner's Bracket team has to lose twice.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
No, there's no bracket reset. Grand Finals is first to 4 map wins like the rest of the playoffs. Playing two series of first to 4 in a row would be insane.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
No, there's no bracket reset. Grand Finals is first to 4 map wins like the rest of the playoffs. Playing two series of first to 4 in a row would be insane.

That would be a disadvantage to the Titans since their opponent had numerous second chances to make it to grand finals. And it would defeat the purpose of double elimination.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
It said they did it mainly for time constraints. I think they'll continue experimenting on the playoff format until they get something working. And whenever they decide the next expansion, the changes will probably come along with it.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
That would be a disadvantage to the Titans since their opponent had numerous second chances to make it to grand finals. And it would defeat the purpose of double elimination.
This is true, but there's really no way around it considering how long it would take to do a bracket reset. They also argue that whoever wins the loser's bracket has been disadvantaged enough by playing extra elimination matches (and providing their opponent more footage to study) to balance it out.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
yep, the deeper we got into winner brackets the less the games mattered because you would get a second chance and it made getting through the loser bracket easier. not good.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
This is true, but there's really no way around it considering how long it would take to do a bracket reset. They also argue that whoever wins the loser's bracket has been disadvantaged enough by playing extra elimination matches (and providing their opponent more footage to study) to balance it out.

Actually the team coming out of losers will be more battle tested. Since there is no bracket reset, the winners finalist has no large advantage.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
yep, the deeper we got into winner brackets the less the games mattered because you would get a second chance and it made getting through the loser bracket easier. not good.

Titans had to play 3 games to get to GF, NYXL would have to play 4, Shock/Spark have to play 5, How is it easier?

A team in the loser bracket will have to go through either the NYXL or Shock to get to grand finals. or possibly both if you're the spark

Actually the team coming out of losers will be more battle tested. Since there is no bracket reset, the winners finalist has no large advantage.

Titans are the most battle tested team in this League