Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
pg-32-klugman-2-capital_1.jpg

"Come on fellas, conspiracy, what is that really? I just don't see it, that count just doesn't make sense"

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Today is going to be a bad, bad day for Trump.

But when he gets bad news, this is also bad for us as he usually does some heinous shit to try to distract.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
English grammar showing how unprecise it is again. This question could also be interpreted as follows: "In the event that we can't come to a unanimous agreement on any particular count, how do we indicate that in respect of any other counts upon which we have come to a unanimous agreement." So they could be unanimous on 17 of 18 counts, or only unanimous on 1 count (or 2 or 3, etc.), and for each single count that they are not unanimous on, they are unclear on how to complete the form. In any event, don't jump to any conclusions based on interpretation of a poorly worded sentence.

Not really. It is quite clear they mean 17 out of 18 they have agreed on. Otherwise if there was more than one count they couldn't agree on they would have used "those counts" instead of "that count".

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not getting my hopes up, until I hear a guilty verdict to me I feel like it could go either way.

Everyone assumed Trump had no chance of winning and there where constant threads that there was no chance he could win and look how that turned out.

I know different situation but I'm just saying I refuse to get my hopes up on any of this stuff and frankly I don't have faith in our political or justice systems right now.

You were living in a bubble then. You have to live in the real world and not go from a hyper positive bubble to a hyper negative bubble.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
English grammar showing how unprecise it is again. This question could also be interpreted as follows: "In the event that we can't come to a unanimous agreement on any particular count, how do we indicate that in respect of any other counts upon which we have come to a unanimous agreement." So they could be unanimous on 17 of 18 counts, or only unanimous on 1 count (or 2 or 3, etc.), and for each single count that they are not unanimous on, they are unclear on how to complete the form. In any event, don't jump to any conclusions based on interpretation of a poorly worded sentence.

"For that count" makes it clear.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK

Confusion would only creep in for someone who looks at the question with no other knowledge of what's going on. A jury that can't yet agree on any counts isn't going to ask for a new verdict sheet: they wouldn't have anything to put on one.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So question, why wouldn't the judge give them a new verdict form? What's the implication there?

Sounds good so far, we'll see!
tenor.gif

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Twitter threads? Someone gimme a twitter thread please

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting Trump to hold a Pardon-Manafort show at one of his red meat rallies if he's found guilty.

Just like he did for Sheriff Joe.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Not really. It is quite clear they mean 17 out of 18 they have agreed on. Otherwise if there was more than one count they couldn't agree on they would have used "those counts" instead of "that count".

It's not clear at all. "That count" is the correct way to refer to each single count, even when there is more than one count being referenced. All it means for sure for me is that they have agreed on at least one count, and they have not agreed on at least one count.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not clear at all. "That count" is the correct way to refer to each single count, even when there is more than one count being referenced. All it means for sure for me is that they have agreed on at least one count, and they have not agreed on at least one count.

Huh? They ask:

"If we cannot come to a consensus on a single count, how should we fill in the jury form for that count?"

They can't agree on one count. The sentence, taken as a whole, is clear.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Today is going to be a bad, bad day for Trump.

But when he gets bad news, this is also bad for us as he usually does some heinous shit to try to distract.
He'd pick out any acquittals and run with those claiming the others verdicts are witch hunt/unfair/not legally binding. Some way to get a positive/trump positive tweet about it to rile up the base and make the legal system look bad

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
It's always possible they're going with not guilty on 17 of the counts and are stuck on 1.
I mean its this exactly, we don't know the outcome of the verdict and counting on it being all guilty before we know it for sure is a bad idea.

I'm not trying to be overly negative but the unknown is the unknown, we don't know whats going on with what the jury is thinking and because of that assuming that its 17/18 guilty isn't a good idea because we just don't know. It's fine to hope for that, I'm sure thats what were all thinking but don't assume, assuming in general is just a bad idea with these kinds of things.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like he's guilty on all but 1 count to me.

Innocent on all but 1 count wouldn't make sense to deliberate on.

But, weirder things have happened.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean its this exactly, we don't know the outcome of the verdict and counting on it being all guilty before we know it for sure is a bad idea.

I'm not trying to be overly negative but the unknown is the unknown, we don't know whats going on with what the jury is thinking and because of that assuming that its 17/18 guilty isn't a good idea because we just don't know. It's fine to hope for that, I'm sure thats what were all thinking but don't assume, assuming in general is just a bad idea with these kinds of things.

You do know the FBI prosecution rate, right?