• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
keytogaming.com

PlayStation 5 Pro ‘Project Trinity’ Details And Release Date

Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading...

according to my own sources, who asked to remain anonymous because they were unauthorized to speak on such details, a PlayStation 5 Pro is in development and it's codenamed 'Trinity'.

If you think the codename has some form of familiarity, you're right. Sony has used The Matrix codenames in the past, with the PlayStation 4 Pro under the codename 'Neo' and PlayStation VR under 'Morpheus'.

It's understood that Trinity has been in development since early 2022, with sources citing that although the rumours of a canceled PlayStation 5 Pro project are always "fun to read", Trinity has been the only project in the works for the Pro model. Despite dates being tentative, it's understood that demo events for the PS5 Pro are already ongoing, with the majority of studios receiving development kits by late November 2023.

Although the Pro's specs were difficult to pin down, admittingly due to my lack of technological prowess, sources have stated that Trinity with have 30 WGP and 18000mts memory.

As for the consoles performance targets and as to be expected, the PlayStation 5 Pro will be targeting improved and consistent FPS at 4K resolution, a new 'performance mode' for 8K resolution, and accelerated ray tracing.

Whether or not a PlayStation 5 Pro console is desired enough in the current market remains to be seen, but as of writing, the PlayStation 5 Pro is in development and is targeting a November 2024 release date.

30WGPs would mean 60 Compute Units for the GPU vs 36 on PS5 (clock speed not mentioned so impossible to calculate specific performance from that, but we are likely talking about a 2x improvement), no clue what the memory portion means.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
8k resolution still feels so bizarre to me to target. There's barely any TVs that use it, to the point that having it be a legitimate consideration for specs feels pointless.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Im sure if its real Ill be there day 1. The real test for me will simply be to see how well Jedi Survivor runs on it lol.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Saying the ryzen type would say a lot and to be blunt if it don't say zen 3 or more people should be leary on ipc gains.

Dec 11, 2017
What's it going to cost? I also wonder how they'll get buy-in from consumers. 8K tvs aren't common, so what's the pitch?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
a new 'performance mode' for 8K resolution
pwtpG6p.png

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good to me. Day 1!

Give me the more and consistent FPS!

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
"new 'performance mode' for 8K resolution"
Lol

Lmao even

Will be same shit with PS5 in regards to 8K

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Okay, but how many units will FF16 sell on the Pro??

Seriously though, seems like a beefy upgrade, which is crazy because I still feel like we haven't tapped the potential of the current systems 🤷‍♂️

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Haha 8K is such a useless thing but I guess it's good for marketing.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Keeping my FFXVI FF-mode performance mode playthrough for this lol

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
The only reason I want a PS5 Pro to come out is in the hopes the other PS5 will get cheaper, but that's probably not the case and will just keep base PS5 the same price and make the pro even more expensive.

Copilot

Jun 27, 2023
U$700,00.

Should have something like Tensor Cores. That's the future.

If there's no Xbox Series mid gen, we could see next-gen Xbox coming faster, like 2025.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know but compared to the PS4 gen i have very little interest in a pro console this time around

Apr 24, 2018
I've only had my PS5 open for about 4 months now? Definitely no plans to upgrade in the near future, and likely never will this gen, unless load times become abhorrently long (and are much faster on the Pro model) at some point. Will likely just wait for PS6.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
8K as a target is weird. As well as being called performance mode? Seems like a marketing thing since this Pro version will be more used for consistent 4K60 with raytracing. (Maybe 4K120 even)

A pro version still doesn't seem real to me but when its actually real and concrete, I will be there day one.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Meh. I feel like we need more next gen exclusive games before I'd even begin to consider something like a pro version.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
How reliable is the source/website?
Extremely good track record, from Battlefield to Playstation leaks.

8k resolution still feels so bizarre to me to target. There's barely any TVs that use it, to the point that having it be a legitimate consideration for specs feels pointless.

Haha 8K is such a useless thing but I guess it's good for marketing.
The system will support 8k on the merit of the hardware, not that any game will realistically hit that.

I want super high end consoles in the future so I would not be mad and hope a trend like that catches on.

Give me $800 chonky bois tbh

ygM0t8P.png

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah like how about give us 2k locked 60fps with all bells and whistles before you even utter the word 8k lmao.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Memory wise, as far as I can tell, MT/S is kinda the same metric as MHZ, so it's 28% higher than the PS5's, if the pro still has 16GB of memory, then it will have 576GB/s bandwidth, if it has more memory chips then I think it can get higher?

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
This will probably be the first Playstation hardware/revision I skip. I feel like I've barely used my PS5, there isn't some landslide of exclusive games on the way between now and November 2024, and I'm perfectly satisfied with performance as-is.

Status
Not open for further replies.