Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2022
Of course we have nothing concrete, but I do not believe a $500 DE Pro is outlandish, effectively a soft price increase to $600.
I can see that being the case. But would that mean the regular model will be $600? Can't imagine Sony would go with that price point considering the stigma. Remember 'five hundred and ninety nine US dollars'?

Oct 27, 2017
That's cool, double the power to, uh, play demon's souls again i guess? Unless they magically switch to nvidia with framegen dlss and good raytracing, I don't see how worth it this will be, as we're still bound to what amd's hardware is capable of

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Okay the detailed specs are vague in general. But my understanding is that It sounds like a RDNA2 6800-6800 XT. Perhaps its an RDNA3 card version, because then RT would really get a bump, but then pricing would really be an issue. So I'm curious as to how they would approach that.

6900 XT has 40WGP, afaik

RDNA3 would increase the price a lot.

Stibbs

Feb 8, 2023
The 518
But why? 4K is already still being adopted, you really think fucking 8K is gonna be widespread enough to make it worthwhile for gaming for next year? I get if you just throw in some more power to make 4k60 more common, but this seems really dumb

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
The fact that the PS5 box says "8K" still is funny to me. This is not supported at all right now, not even media, right?

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I can see that being the case. But would that mean the regular model will be $600? Can't imagine Sony would go with that price point considering the stigma. Remember 'six hundred and ninety US dollars'?
No, they will sell the Slim and Pro both discless and you pay for the $100 drive extra, which most people will not, which is exactly what they want. Only breaking even or taking a small loss on a DE is nothing compared to the long run benefit.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
I'm not looking forward to the price of this thing. Also, no mention of a better cpu which seems like the most important thing for 60 fps nowadays

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I feel like a mid gen refresh will be necessary especially if the next gen doesn't start until 2028

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even really like (or use) the base PS5 and there's very little I can't wait to play on PC. No thx.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
8k resolution still feels so bizarre to me to target. There's barely any TVs that use it, to the point that having it be a legitimate consideration for specs feels pointless.

It's just buzz words, just like 3D was the going to be the big thing. I do not see 8K ever becoming a thing honestly and even moreso with gaming.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
Probably why Sony was anti the acquisition about dev kits. Presumably ABK was going to get em.

Jun 25, 2022
I mean we've had two mid gen refreshes in history and one had a CPU upgrade? 2/3 if you count the New 3DS...
Which ones?

Except the mid gen refreshes did have better CPUs. It might be based on the same tech though.
Last gen Pro consoles didn't have a CPU upgrade outside of a marginal improvement in clock speed.

No, they will sell the Slim and Pro both discless and you pay for the $100 drive extra, which most people will not, which is exactly what they want. Only breaking even or taking a small loss on a DE is nothing compared to the long run benefit.
That makes sense.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
If you want to pay 799$ on launch sure.
The PS5 and XSX were RDNA 2 on the same year cards release, do not take retail prices of cards and equate them to what console prices will be. Unless you think AMD is going to charge significantly more for their largest customer.

Considering NVIDIA is targeting 2025 for RTX 5000, and that AMD is not even halfway done with this generation, RDNA4 is not coming out next year
Was AMD's target for it end of next year? That was all I was going off of.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
This is just a leak, not a full spec list. We'll have to wait for more info on other aspects of it like the CPU.

As for price, many are assuming the breakdown will be:

PS5 - $399 (this is the new discless revision launching in a couple of months)
PS5 Pro - $499 (also discless)
Detachable disc drive that can be used for both of the above - $99

That seems to make the most logical sense when we look at the way they handled the PS4 Pro and since they've been releasing multiple revisions to get the price down.
$99 is way too much for disc drive. It should be like $50 but it guess in the end Sony will price like Dual Sense or something.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
PS2 games were generally SD resolution, the console and some titles support up to 1080i.

PS3 games were generally ~720p resolution, the console and some titles support up to 1080p.

PS4 games were generally ~1080p resolution, the console and some titles support up to 4K with the release of PS4 Pro.

PS5 games are generally ~1440p resolution, the console and some titles support up to 4K.

PS5 Pro games might be generally ~2160p resolution, the console and some titles might support up to 8K.

Why is this trend so difficult for people to follow. When the box says "8K", it doesn't mean Call of Duty or Spider-Man are going to be rendering at 7680x4320.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
pwtpG6p.png

Seriously lmao Focus on getting performance mode to be higher than 1080p right now, fuck out of here with 8k(probably 540p upscaled to hell and back.)

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
The PS5 and XSX were RDNA 2 on the same year cards release, do not take retail prices of cards and equate them to what console prices will be. Unless you think AMD is going to charge significantly more for their largest customer.

Im sure AMD will it give it to Sony for free just out of good will.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
8k? Why, just focus on higher fps and better RT. If they start targeting 30 on the base PS5 and the 60 modes will be pro only, then I guess I will have to get a pro.

Deadcelledo

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Puerto Rico
I personally would prefer a slim version of the current one, I'm sure it's coming eventually. I really don't have space for the ps5 lol

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
When people were wondering why PS5 Pro would be needed for qnd how it would be marketed for I said like Ps4 Pro had 4k, Sony would push 8k.for it and people laughed at this.

What does 18000 mts for memory mean?
Also OP thinks it's just 60 CUs? 60 is very awkward number unless it's 72 with some CUs dusabled to increase yield like always and still this won't be enough, cus for 8k even reconstructed, it will need much more juice than better RT and FPS.
Un,l they use RDNA4 very high end clock speeds that will compensate that. I think the 30 WGP thing is a rough number meaning it will be around that and not an exact figure. We are still far from final specs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I can see that being the case. But would that mean the regular model will be $600? Can't imagine Sony would go with that price point considering the stigma. Remember 'five hundred and ninety nine US dollars'?
It'll be launching after the new regular sku would, which would mean it'll likely launch as a digital unit with a place to insert a disc drive, rather than having "PS5 PRO DIGITAL" and "PS5 PRO PHYSICAL", at best they'll have a "PS5 Pro bundled with a disc drive"

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
keytogaming.com

PlayStation 5 Pro ‘Project Trinity’ Details And Release Date

Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading...

30WGPs would mean 60 Compute Units for the GPU vs 36 on PS5 (clock speed not mentioned so impossible to calculate specific performance from that, but we are likely talking about a 2x improvement), no clue what the memory portion means.
Same CUs as an AMD Radeon™ RX 6800.

Maybe see them using RDNA3 or Zen 4 but maybe not (PS4 Pro did use a more modern GPU arch). Die shrink from 7nm to 4nm like Z1. Maybe the new chip will be like a bigger Z1 that's in the ROG Ally.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Hm, might be interested in this, depending on how it looks. I really don't want a bigger console then what the PS5 is currently.

I wonder if this might launch at the fabled $599 price, since it would be a $100 increase over the PS5. PS4 was $299 to the Pro's $399 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.