• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
To further dive into this point. NGL is a pretty fucked up place BEFORE the ant invasion. Basically a mini North Korea. It is fitting the thing to 'finish' the ants was a nuke which even Netero felt dirty using.

Poor Killua is the only person to leave this arc not dead or coming out looking like a complete hypocrite and makes positive strides in his character development. Knuckle and Shoot can be said the same as well. Shame about all the emotional scars.

Just to be clear the NGL is a totally different country than East Gorteau

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught the HxH episode from last night and the dub has absolutely nailed it. Really fantastic voice work all around. Certainly one of the best arcs in all of shonen

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Honestly, Boruto last night had better animation than the MHA Movie.

It was so incredible, although definitely still not as great as that one sequence from AoT Season 3.

HamsterDude

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think Might Guy said that if Rock Lee died from his surgery in the original Naruto a long time ago, Might Guy would "die" too which I think meant Might Guy would commit suicide if Rock Lee's surgery failed. And I always thought "wtf" about that, but I processed through that "wtf" moment for years and figure that maybe it is some kind of popular anime trope, so the Mereum killing Komougi with poisionous radiation was downplayed a little bit (like 10%) for me since I figured that maybe its perhaps a very common anime/manga trope that might be extremly common in Japan.

I still feel bad that Kamougi died, but I think both of them wanted that moment to happen (of them playing that game a few times before Mereum is killed by radiation poisioning) even if it cost them their life and that it was both their decisions in the end, so I'm okay with it since its what they chose.

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
So that's why Chocho went back to being annoying as hell that one time.

Seriously though pierrott staff are better writers of Naruto content than its original creator at this point. I think the last thing Kishimoto himself wrote that I thought was any good was Himawari the terminator.

Oct 26, 2017
Remember the time when that nurse copped a feel on 17-year-old Kirito?

D2ZfYr5WwAARwoa.png

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Basically Boruto has a stable family situation, though not a normal one with his dad being hokage, and Sarada was born into a dysfunctional one.
But Sakura's and Sasuke's feelings are somehow connected because they had Sarada(never mind that many people have sex that doesn't involve love).

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least watching Sasuke try and fail to be a dad is pretty funny

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Just saw "Us." It was interesting, but a bit slow and I did prefer "Get Out" a fair bit more.

I was kind of hoping the scorpion would have stung Joe and killed him.
& then joe got stung by that scorpion, thus killing him
My exact thought at that moment lmao

The next episode or two of JoJo are a couple favorites for me, and there's no Vic attached to them aside from a filler scene so yay

HamsterDude

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ugh watching Boruto and it makes me SO MAD.

I know my parents make fun of me when I play an Animal Crossing or Paper Mario game with my mom asking why I'm playing a game that looks like its for kids with "baby graphics" and literally my online friend left my town in Animal Crossing: City Folk when I was playing it with him with Wii Speak back when it came out, saying he heard my mom asking why me and someone else online are playing a kiddie game with baby graphics, and the same thing happened when I rented Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door and played it on my Wii and then she called my older brother in and kept asking him why I'm playing a game that looks like it was made for babies when I'm in my twenties,

but I hate how when my Nephew asked my brother two weeks before I moved out if they could watch Naruto together on Netflix, and my brother said "No, its just a show of them screaming [and he used a girly voice to say these lines] "Narutoooooo!!!" "Sasuke!!!!!!" AND YET when I watched early season 1 episodes with my family, my brother said "I like this even more than the One Piece show you showed me two episodes of where the main character had an ear-piercing Scartchyass voice I couldn't stand and all the other characters sounded like they're from Dragon Ball Z" and I told my mom "I don't get how my bro could like Naruto more than One Piece, most people like One Piece more than Naruto including me but w/e its fine its his oppinion" but four or five months later, last month, two weeks before I finally moved out of my parents house and moved into this new apartment recently, my nephew kept asking my brother like three or four times if we could please watch Naruto on Netflix because he thinks Naruto sounds really cool and he knows I used to watch it with him and my Niece sometimes, and my brother made fun of it saying its literally nothing except for two characters shouting "Naruto" and "Sasuke" and he kept using a girly voice when shouting "Narutooooo" and "Sasukeeee"

even though I told him multiple times that in Naruto I couldn't care less about the three main characters and that I prefer watching it for the side characters such as Rock Lee, Might Guy, Killer Bee, and a thousand times Rock Lee (even showed him a bunch of cool Rock Lee episodes of him getting drunk while fighting the bone ability guy)

and now I'm watching the latest Boruto episode that was on Toonami since I missed it the other night, and the only friend I have irl is my brother and the rest of my family and I wish my brother wasn't so ignorant. And its all my fault too because when I first showed him Naruto, I showed him the cool Naruto vs. Sasuke episodes of Part 1 and then like 10 years later after he had my Niece and Nephew I showed him it a second time and he probably thinks its mostly about Naruto and Sasuke even though I told him I prefer the side-characters (he told me before though that his advice is to "pretend you're listening to people and keep agreeing with them when really he never listens to what people are saying to him") and

ack my brother doesn't know what he's missing out on, I just watched like 7 minutes of the Boruto episode and it seems animated so good and it brings back the bad memories of last month, two weeks before I moved out when my Nephew kept asking my brother four times if they could watch Netflix in my brother's room on his TV and finally he said No and made fun of Naruto and

well anyways I like how great the Boruto episode is animated.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Remember the time when that nurse copped a feel on 17-year-old Kirito?

D2ZfYr5WwAARwoa.png
I will always laugh at the fact the VAs were aware of this & make a joke about it in the bloopers.

Also part of me hopes Asuna finds out & gets mad at her so we can be mad that she gets mad at someone hitting on her husbando yet not at a mass murderer.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I will always laugh at the fact the VAs were aware of this & make a joke about it in the bloopers.

Also part of me hopes Asuna finds out & gets mad at her so we can be mad that she gets mad at someone hitting on her husbando yet not at a mass murderer.
Now I want to see the bloopers for SAO. THANKS ZONIC >:(

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
-Remove Toxic VA from Con
-Invite Toxic VA back to Con
-Lose a lot of other much bigger Voice Actors/Actresses
-???
-Actually still just ???
-Pro....profit now I guess?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Has nothing to do with anything, but the latest One Piece episode was really great. Not sure if WCI is my favorite OP arc (it's at least top 3 for sure), but as far as the anime is concerned, I definitely feel like it's the most well directed and animated arc in the series.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Has nothing to do with anything, but the latest One Piece episode was really great. Not sure if WCI is my favorite OP arc (it's at least top 3 for sure), but as far as the anime is concerned, I definitely feel like it's the most well directed and animated arc in the series.
feels like toei is a lot better on the animation front than they used to be

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
feels like toei is a lot better on the animation front than they used to be
*points towards Dragon Ball Super*
I would have to do actual research to confirm my suspicions, but I think it's thanks to super and it's rough start. They hired a ton of new talent for that, and that talent got trained well. They continued hiring and shipping off polished talent and it's likely shows like one piece have been helped from that.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Iconoclast.

Iconoclast is a game that goes places. Places I wasn't expecting for a game with such a cute artstyle. (A lot more body horror than one would think.) I'd go so far as to say seeing where the story is going, once it does get going, is the best thing about the game. That's not to say the gameplay is lacking, but the combat doesn't feel like it was the main focus of the game, and it shows at times. At least with the regular enemies anyway. (I really don't like it when the only way to defeat an enemy is to counter them when they perform X action. It transforms the encounter with them into a waiting game, just waiting for them to do the one thing that makes them vulnerable.) Thankfully the bosses, which there are quite a few of, are great tho.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
*points towards Dragon Ball Super*
I would have to do actual research to confirm my suspicions, but I think it's thanks to super and it's rough start. They hired a ton of new talent for that, and that talent got trained well. They continued hiring and shipping off polished talent and it's likely shows like one piece have been helped from that.
all that dosh they're making from dragon ball must be helping, what do you think ArchedThunder?

Status
Not open for further replies.