• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I hear they've reissued the Combiner Wars Devastator set and the Superion set... what are the chances we'll see Defensor?
Oh and they ones that are being reissed are they Hasbro, or Takara? If it's Hasbro I'm not interested.

I really want Takara Defensor. I started collecting again during Titans Return so I missed my chance and now everything on eBay is like $400.

Oct 25, 2017
So I hear they've reissued the Combiner Wars Devastator set and the Superion set... what are the chances we'll see Defensor?
Oh and they ones that are being reissed are they Hasbro, or Takara? If it's Hasbro I'm not interested.

I really want Takara Defensor. I started collecting again during Titans Return so I missed my chance and now everything on eBay is like $400.

Devastator is available again?

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

It's amazing how pricey the Takara boxsets are. I preordered Galvatronus pretty much on a whim and holy shit am I glad I did given prices now. Reissues are desperately needed.

Oct 25, 2017
Where is the best place to pick up some of these? I was on Toy Dojo and prices weren't too bad for Shockwave, Soundwave and others ($60-80) but the Constructicon was $200.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what to do with this except make sure I'm not the only one who has to live with the knowledge it exists.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I don't know what to do with this except make sure I'm not the only one who has to live with the knowledge it exists.

I guess they got tired of waiting for any more rock TF themes to be made. :D

I don't think they ever made a cover of Face the Devastation, although they probably don't even know it exists. No huge loss either way, I guess. TF:D has some amazing tracks, but the vocal theme isn't really one of them.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

umbrella corp.

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Nov 2, 2018
Had to get the dinobots

KiewLxs.jpg

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Still dumb that they made the others Deluxe sized. They should have gotten a Predaking-style box set.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Still dumb that they made the others Deluxe sized. They should have gotten a Predaking-style box set.

I'm guessing they didn't dare making a 200$ figure of a character that technically doesn't exist in G1. Which is kind of short-sighted, because what G1 kid would not want a huge Dinobot combiner? In many ways, it feels like Hasbro keeps not quite understanding the average G1 fan.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

It still amazes me that they decided to make a combiner out of bigger figures... and then only sell it in a huge set.

Then again, if you look at the PotP packaging, they don't even advertise that the figures combine. You get a painted cut offpicture of a combiner on the side of the packaging and that's it. But they do advertise the prime core gimmick.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
MP hound is going to look cartoony out of scale with the other vehicles like the 3rd party one's isnt he? I know in bot form he's as big as the other bots typically but as a jeep he's like a monster truck compared to everyone else

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Don't they prioritize the scale of vehicle mode? Like even in that picture Ratchet is huge next to him.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I know this group wasn't to keen on the original Flame Toys Furai model kit for Optimus Prime, but what do you all think of the IDW version of Prime? I think it looks much better than the original Prime kit...

2289879a-1c69-4fff-9934-125e873bc8e5.jpg

213cc37c-7ad3-46c0-86ea-c6385ac899d3.jpg

OP
OP
Claire Delune

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
I know this group wasn't to keen on the original Flame Toys Furai model kit for Optimus Prime, but what do you all think of the IDW version of Prime? I think it looks much better than the original Prime kit...

Looks like his alt mode is a fatality car wreck.

I have such mixed feelings about these non-transforming figures that have all the vehicular kibble without even bothering to look like they may actually turn into anything. They're generally cool-looking robots, but not especially good representations of the characters.

Oct 27, 2017

I'm really excited for it. I love that design for Optimus, and having a toy of him at that scale is something I've wanted for a while. I've already got the Generation Toy MP scaled version, so I don't really need this one to transform, I just want a fun figure of the comic design to stand on my Optimus shelf.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Looks like his alt mode is a fatality car wreck.

I have such mixed feelings about these non-transforming figures that have all the vehicular kibble without even bothering to look like they may actually turn into anything. They're generally cool-looking robots, but not especially good representations of the characters.

He does look like the IDW design, though.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Don't they prioritize the scale of vehicle mode? Like even in that picture Ratchet is huge next to him.

The MP line prioritizes the bot size above all. Alt mode size is as close as they can get it but they generally won't go to great lengths to preserve alt mode scale between different figures.

Oct 27, 2017
I was so excited when I saw that first blurry pic of MP Bee. The proportions looked so much better than the old one.

Then I saw a clear pic of that head, and it killed it for me. My girlfriend, who's not really into Transformers, saw it and burst out laughing when she saw it. She asked why it looked so bad.

At this point, I could deal with the messy back and foot kibble if it had a different head (and if it was like $30 cheaper that would help too).

I'm bummed the the MP line has become this thing that I'm so hesitant to get excited about, since I know something will come along and kill my enjoyment of each new release. I want to like them so bad. Like I could deal with the price if I liked the slavish cartoon look more, or I could deal with the cartoon look more if the prices weren't insane compared to the old MP figures. I feel terrible that I've started to wonder when the improved KOs will come out at a lower price.

Hound looks good so far though. I don't think the overly-cartoony look hurts him much at all, and the Beast Wars stuff has been great.

Oct 27, 2017
Because thats how he looked when we grew up with him?

She's familiar with how G1 Bee looks, but she said it looked like someone was wearing a bumblebee mask, or like a Bumblebee face balloon was tied to the top of the toy.
I mean, they're very clearly going for a literal take on the cartoon. I just don't think it translates well to a toy. The old MP Bee had a better head in my opinion, just the rest of him looked off.

This head though, that's amazing. I want that on a toy.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
The head on the new MP is more or less fine in terms of shape but there's something off about the actual facial features.

umbrella corp.

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Nov 2, 2018
She's familiar with how G1 Bee looks, but she said it looked like someone was wearing a bumblebee mask, or like a Bumblebee face balloon was tied to the top of the toy.
I mean, they're very clearly going for a literal take on the cartoon. I just don't think it translates well to a toy. The old MP Bee had a better head in my opinion, just the rest of him looked off.

This head though, that's amazing. I want that on a toy.
I think they just tried a different take since imo they got it perfectly the first time around. Maybe trying a new market or trying to convince people to buy him a 2nd time.

Oct 27, 2017
I came across these yesterday, and I find it interesting how the head does seem to work when you look at the lines like that. It's really strange to me how the one of the left looks really off to me, yet the one on the right looks fine. Maybe it's just the lines make the features look sharper, whereas without them it makes the features feel really mushy.

3-faces-jpg.28203656

mp45-faces-half-jpg.28203518

mp45-faces-sketch-jpg.28203519

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
So, a bunch of toys got leaked ahead of toyfair thanks to webstores.

SS-44-Leader-Class-Dark-Of-The-Moon-Jetwing-Optimus-Prime-002.png

SS-44-Leader-Class-Dark-Of-The-Moon-Jetwing-Optimus-Prime-003.png

Studio-Series-44-Leader-DOTM-Jetwing-Optimus-Prime.jpeg

Transformers-War-For-Cybertron-Siege-Thundercracker-001.jpg

Transformers-War-For-Cybertron-Siege-Red-Alert-002.jpg

Transformers-War-For-Cybertron-Siege-Springer-002.jpg

Transformers-War-For-Cybertron-Siege-Springer-001.jpg

Transformers-War-For-Cybertron-Siege-Galaxy-Upgrade-Optimus-002.jpg

Transformers-War-For-Cybertron-Siege-Galaxy-Upgrade-Optimus-001.jpg

And while we got new pics LEader Astrotrain is coming as well.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Generations Springer is pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned, so I don't see anything replacing it.

Thundercracker does look pretty neat. Is it a recolor of Starscream / another seeker, or a new mold?

Galaxy Force looks almost identical to the original, or at least how I remember the original looking. :D

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Nooooo. My walmart's Transformers section is abysmal.

Just order online ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thundercracker does look pretty neat. Is it a recolor of Starscream / another seeker, or a new mold?

Galaxy Force looks almost identical to the original, or at least how I remember the original looking. :D

Thundercraker is just a recolor of Starscream.
As for Galaxy, biggest difference is how much smaller and basic looking the wings are. Body is more boxy and legs are shorter but more beefy.

OP
OP
Claire Delune

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Cybertron Prime bring an actual full transformation (presumably) instead of a transforming cab with a partformer super mode would be a neat trick.

Do we know if Springer has a third mode, or are the wheels just for show?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
He's a remold of Ultra Magnus, right? I haven't seen him in the wild but isn't he out already? So we should know the transformation scheme at least.

Maybe time flies but it seems weird to me that we're getting so many characters that we just had versions of. I mean that always happens with Prime but this line has so many repeats, and they're all decent/better molds. That's a good thing, I guess, but not for my wallet.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Glad I didn't buy the new voyager Studio Optimus. The Jetwing version looks like pretty much the same toy, just with the DotM abs and the jetpack. I'll probably end up picking this one up. I already have the old jetwing prime, but one can never have enough Primes.

That Springer looks great too. I don't really see him as a replacement for the older Generations figure, since the designs are so different. I'd happily have both.

Oct 27, 2017
Hasbro Pulse has preordres up for some of the new Siege deluxes for only $10 instead of $20. I'm not quite sure how their preorder system works, but I figured I'd give it a go and grab Ironhide and Sixgun.