Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how much he has grifted from followers in the last eight years, that he has funneled to himself (most of it, probably).

I wonder if he has to declare that, his tax returns should say something maybe. I presume he has been using it as a slush fund for his debts, legal fees and anything really but how far it goes, who knows, he has many legal cases so can't be cheap.

I do wonder if he made a mint from people looking for favours buying hotel rooms, memberships etc. and the donations obviously, what do think hundreds of millions or a lot less?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I wonder if he has to declare that, his tax returns should say something maybe. I presume he has been using it as a slush fund for his debts, legal fees and anything really but how far it goes, who knows, he has many legal cases so can't be cheap.

I do wonder if he made a mint from people looking for favours buying hotel rooms, memberships etc. and the donations obviously, what do think hundreds of millions or a lot less?
Definitely many hundreds of millions. He pocketed nearly all the "stop the steal" funds, and there has been corruption with his PAC's for years : claiming expenses for an unused floor of Trump Tower offices, etc.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

The Trump 2020 campaign managed to raise $1 billion dollars since 2017 but was broke before the summer of 2020 was even over. From what I recall reading at the time and since then, it sounded like Trump & Co were living off that campaign cash and passing it off as "campaign activity":

"They spent their money on unnecessary overhead, lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-famous activity by the campaign staff and vanity ads," said Mike Murphy, a veteran Republican consultant who advised John McCain and Jeb Bush and is an outspoken Trump critic. "You could literally have 10 monkeys with flamethrowers go after the money, and they wouldn't have burned through it as stupidly."

apnews.com

How Trump plowed through $1 billion, losing cash advantage

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s sprawling political operation has raised well over $1 billion since he took the White House in 2017 — and set a lot of it on fire.

There was money that was used to pay for services and events at Trump's own businesses. This CNBC article mentioned a SuperPAC spending $37k to host an event at Mar-o-Lago:

www.cnbc.com

Trump's $100 million PAC has burned through nearly all of its cash

Huge legal fees helped the Save America PAC burn through cash, raising questions about how Trump would fund a general election campaign.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, that's crazy. Bet he wish he had it now!

I hope he isn't still getting donations to that level.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
Trump's triplex went up from 14,500 sq ft to 30,000 sq ft between Sep 19 and Sep 20 (can't remember the year), actual size 11,000.

EDIT: I was wrong about this, it was for a comparator apartment.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Trump's triplex went up from 14,500 sq ft to 30,000 sq ft between Sep 19 and Sep 20 (can't remember the year), actual size 11,000.
4ZAuHF6P.gif

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

When I was buying my first property it didn't matter what the list price was or how much I was willing to pay because I was borrowing the money. A 3rd party assessor had to value the property first.

That defense only applies if every sale Trump conducted was a cash sale between private entities. You want to spend $1B on Mar-a-Lago, hey that's your business. You can't turn around and just make up any price that favorable to you in the moment whether you need a loan or to pay taxes and just go 🤷🏿‍♂️

I'm sure that Trump's defense team knows this but what else are they supposed to do, thow themselves on the mercy of the court?

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017

I was wrong about this. The 14,500 was a different apartment for comparison purposes. Sorry about the red herring. Valuation is still rubbish though.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
That's a wrap for today. McConney will be back on the stand for the short day tomorrow (court finishes at lunchtime on Friday). Weisselberg is up next, but probably not until next week.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

www.cbsnews.com

Trump moves to "temporarily" dismiss $500 million lawsuit against Michael Cohen

Former President Donald Trump is "temporarily" dismissing his lawsuit against Michael Cohen, his campaign says.

Former President Donald Trump moved Thursday to dismiss his $500 million lawsuit against his former lawyer, Michael Cohen, without prejudice, allowing him to refile the suit again in the future.

Trump's campaign issued a statement to CBS News, claiming that the civil and criminal battles he's waging, along with his 2024 presidential campaign, are currently occupying too much of his time to pursue the lawsuit at this time.

"Given that President Trump is required to sit for deposition in a civil matter on Columbus Day, when he is scheduled to be in the Great State of New Hampshire, and while the President is fighting against the meritless claims that have been lodged against him in New York, Washington D.C., Florida, and Georgia, as well as continuing his winning campaign, where he is leading the Republicans by 60 points and Crooked Joe Biden by 11 points, to serve as our next President of the United States, President Trump has decided to temporarily pause his meritorious claims against Michael Cohen," his campaign said in a statement.

The former president was scheduled to be deposed by Cohen's attorneys Tuesday, but it was postponed so that Trump could attend the opening days of the trial in the New York fraud case brought by state Attorney General Letitia James. The deposition was rescheduled for this weekend.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
www.cbsnews.com

Trump moves to "temporarily" dismiss $500 million lawsuit against Michael Cohen

Former President Donald Trump is "temporarily" dismissing his lawsuit against Michael Cohen, his campaign says.

Former President Donald Trump moved Thursday to dismiss his $500 million lawsuit against his former lawyer, Michael Cohen, without prejudice, allowing him to refile the suit again in the future.

Trump's campaign issued a statement to CBS News, claiming that the civil and criminal battles he's waging, along with his 2024 presidential campaign, are currently occupying too much of his time to pursue the lawsuit at this time.

"Given that President Trump is required to sit for deposition in a civil matter on Columbus Day, when he is scheduled to be in the Great State of New Hampshire, and while the President is fighting against the meritless claims that have been lodged against him in New York, Washington D.C., Florida, and Georgia, as well as continuing his winning campaign, where he is leading the Republicans by 60 points and Crooked Joe Biden by 11 points, to serve as our next President of the United States, President Trump has decided to temporarily pause his meritorious claims against Michael Cohen," his campaign said in a statement.

The former president was scheduled to be deposed by Cohen's attorneys Tuesday, but it was postponed so that Trump could attend the opening days of the trial in the New York fraud case brought by state Attorney General Letitia James. The deposition was rescheduled for this weekend.
Not gonna get it dismissed without prejudice. It'll be dimissed with prejudice and he'll have to foot Cohen's legal bills.

No way the judge lets him off the hook nor will Cohen want this dangling over his head.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
What does this mean, for us dummies trying to follow along?
He wants it dimissed without prejudice so that he can bring back the lawsuit in the future.

I bet Cohen is gonna ask the judge to dismiss it with prejudice - so that he can never bring it back in the future - and he'll ask the courts that they make Trump pay for his legal fees.

Cohen has a couple of podcasts (Political Beatdown and Mea Culpa), so we'll know what he's thinking of doing soon enough.

The courts have gotten wise to Trump's legal shennanigans, so I doubt they'll have much patience with him.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It still amazes me that Cohen already went to jail, for things Trump ordered and was a co-conspirator in. And, despite being guilty of countless other crimes too, Trump is still a free man.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this move is not smart even in the middle of a bunch of other not-smart moves Trump and his lawyers have made. There is a real good chance Cohen nails Trump to the wall on this.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Cohen's a key witness in *this* case, right? I wonder if - as well as the impact on finances and lawyer time - if this is intended as a bargaining chip (with the 'without prejudice' part also being "so if you say nice things about me on the stand in this case, I won't bring it back, but if you betray me..." as an underlying threat).
I also suspect Cohen, having done the time, is now in this more for revenge than profit.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Cohen's a key witness in *this* case, right? I wonder if - as well as the impact on finances and lawyer time - if this is intended as a bargaining chip (with the 'without prejudice' part also being "so if you say nice things about me on the stand in this case, I won't bring it back, but if you betray me..." as an underlying threat).
I also suspect Cohen, having done the time, is now in this more for revenge than profit.

I think it is the other way round, that the case was meant as a threat to Cohen to not testify, and now that the case is on trial and Cohen is on the witness list and will be on the stand in a few days, he knows that the threat failed.

Besides, he and his lawyers are probably scared stupid that if he proceeded with the deposition he would further incriminate himself, and now is not exactly perfect timing for doing that.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Trump campaign said:
...and while the President is fighting against the meritless claims that have been lodged against him in New York, Washington D.C., Florida, and Georgia...

This an actual sentence from a presidential campaign. Like the Fox chucklefuck who listed all of the things Trump is guilty of to mock the idea that Trump could POSSIBLY be this criminal...and somehow people believe it. Sure, it's really a conspiracy that the guy has more lawsuits and indictments coming than dollars in his bank accounts. Really.

TRIAL - Day 5, Trump Org controller
OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Summary of day 5

Witnesses
Jeff McConney (Trump Org Controller, and defendant) - direct only, may be called later for the defense

Trump appeals summary judgment, cancellation of business licenses stayed pending appeal, trial carries on.

Last edited:

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow I completely misread all the mentions of the Cohen lawsuit up until now and thought it was about Cohen suing Trump rather than the other way around lol

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Justice Engoron "clearly does not comprehend the scope of the chaos its decision has wrought," saying terminating his business licenses… makes it "impossible" to operate his businesses and threatens termination of 100s of employees.

Exactly.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Justice Engoron "clearly does not comprehend the scope of the chaos its decision has wrought," saying terminating his business licenses… makes it "impossible" to operate his businesses and threatens termination of 100s of employees.

Exactly.
That's why it's part of what's literally called the NY corporate death sentence

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile, back in the courtroom (thanks to Stewart Bishop):

Ok, back to McConney, Amer is asking McConney about Seven Springs, a Westchester County estate (north of NYC). The AG says in 2006, the estate was appraised and valued at $30 million, however in Trump's financial statements from 2011 to 2021, it was valued as high as $291 million

Amer moves on to asking about Trump National Golf Course, he notes that in Trump's statements of financial condition (missed what year it was) he values club memberships from $150k to $250 a piece.

"Was the use of a higher price for memberships...just you speculating as to what a...member might get in the future?" Amer asks. McConney said the valuation was based on a conversation with co-defendant Allen Weisselberg, Trump Org's CFO, who was familiar with the course.

"You did not do any estimate as to how far out it would take in the future to actually sell those memberships?" Amer asks. "That is correct," McConney says.

"Is it correct that you included in your valuation for some of the golf clubs starting in 2013, a 30% brand premium?" Amer asks "Correct," McConney says. "That was something you and Allen Weisselberg decided?" Amer asks. "Yes," McConney replies.

"At some point you turned it into a 50% premium?" Amer asks. "Correct," McConney says. "Was that change also something that you and Mr. Weisselberg decided together?" Amer asks. "Yes," McConney replies.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I'd be conflicted on employees losing their jobs but if you're working for Trump at this point...

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

Exactly.

Slowest "turning into a corncob" ever.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
He bolted so damn fast out of NY to get back to his safe space. Money is the root of all evil, and I'm sure all this grift he's done has been funneled through these companies he has. Cut the head off the snake, the rest dies.

manifest73

Oct 28, 2017

Exactly.

From where I'm standing I think it's safe to say that "Trump clearly did not comprehend the scope of the chaos his decision to engage in illegal activities would wrought" and has finally started to enter the find out phase of his shenanigans.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
On Trump's attempt to delay the trial. Apparently the Appeals court will hear oral arguments this afternoon.

Blimey, that is faster even than the Georgia Supreme Court.