Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
The fact Trump continues to get away with all of his antics, especially that thinly veiled peekaboo bullshit makes my blood boil. The day he is finally actually punished for something will be one of the happiest days of my life. Tired of everyone playing soft with him.

I was discussing with a friend how the legal cases against Trump feel like zeno's paradox. With each step, he advances half of the remaining distance to punishment, but never actually gets there. Every time that he's right on the cusp of actual, legally enforced punishment, there's another appeal or ruling that buys him a little more time. Like can I get just one, actual consequence to tide me over for now?

(Disclaimer: Not a doomer- I follow the cases and realize that a couple of them have very serious implications for Trump. It's just amazing that nearly anyone else on earth would have been buried a long time ago from their legal bills alone. This dude is an absolute roach about it.)

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I know Trump says insane shit, but to this day, he can still surprise the fuck out of me.

Dude is saying that Forbes is WORKING WITH Letitia James??

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we're a month away from some delivery driver getting him his Mcdonalds (but its cold) and Trump making a long ass post about how the driver was a member of the radical left trying to poison him on behalf of Joe Biden (who he is beating btw by all the numbers in all the polls!)

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I know Trump says insane shit, but to this day, he can still surprise the fuck out of me.

I'm just imagining what people who are around him daily must hear. He's probably only posting what he thinks would be greatest hits, imagine the batshit insane stuff he keeps to himself or his group of people lol

JediMasterMatt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. I think it's kind of brushed over too much how this man is legitimately fucking CRAZY. We all know he's evil and stupid, we are reminded every day. But he is truly clinically insane.

View: https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1711409057083314518?s=20

He can post whatever thoughts he wants online about this as there is only one person on Earth that I trust when it comes to the real facts about his wealth and Forbes - and that is John Barron.

Where is that ever elusive Mr. Barron? He's as hard to photograph as a Sasquatch.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017

Of course. It's all a single conspiracy, you see, so by definition, every single person and organization (of consequence) who is anti-Trump is working with all the others. You can basically Mad Libs the whole thing.

Is <person/organization A> secretly conspiring with <person/organization B> to make Trump look <insert undesirable characteristic>?

So, is The Fake News Media working with Taylor Swift to make Trump look like he has no rhythm? YES

Is deranged Jack Smith having secret meetings with Forbes to spread rumors that Trump has a bad credit rating? YES

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
So what nicknames will come now?

Pauper Trump
Impoverished Trump
The cubic zirconia of the financial world

Absolutely amusing that he lauded the Forbes list but then it's all bunk when he plummets off of it. I guess he can say he is one step closer to the common person.
Donald Slump*

*noun

1. [*]
    a sudden severe or prolonged fall in the price, value, or amount of something.​

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
So what nicknames will come now?

Pauper Trump
Impoverished Trump
The cubic zirconia of the financial world

Absolutely amusing that he lauded the Forbes list but then it's all bunk when he plummets off of it. I guess he can say he is one step closer to the common person.

Self-made millionaire.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
You know, I was reading the other night about Jesse James, and the parallels to Trump were somewhat striking. Rather, the parallels were in the public's reaction to him.

The James gang was founded in Missouri post-Civil War and was looked at as some kind of Robin Hood lite band of merrymen, taking from US Government and giving to the poor (but mostly just taking). And law enforcement was often not enthusiastic about going after them. In reality, Jesse James murdered at least 16 innocent people during his time and yet somehow that bit of history is always lost in the culture. They were also showmen in a sense, leaving one of their more famous robberies by parading around with their stolen goods and shooting guns off everywhere.

The jury is out on whether Trump meets a similar fate as James (taken out by a once trusted ally).

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I was discussing with a friend how the legal cases against Trump feel like zeno's paradox. With each step, he advances half of the remaining distance to punishment, but never actually gets there. Every time that he's right on the cusp of actual, legally enforced punishment, there's another appeal or ruling that buys him a little more time. Like can I get just one, actual consequence to tide me over for now?

(Disclaimer: Not a doomer- I follow the cases and realize that a couple of them have very serious implications for Trump. It's just amazing that nearly anyone else on earth would have been buried a long time ago from their legal bills alone. This dude is an absolute roach about it.)

Yeah, not dooming and glooming either, but for fucks sake everything has just felt like empty promises so far.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I'm increasingly convinced that this particular case is the most that Trump has ever been scared of anything in his life.

View: https://x.com/patriottakes/status/1711524352150130921?s=20

spill-the-tea-sis-stephen-colbert.gif

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
No right to a jury under any circumstances... other than ticking a box on a form...

I suspect he'd quickly find out how many rights he has, if he were a regular non-wealthy person who had never been Pres, and had committed decades of bank fraud and tax fraud, tried to steal an election, instigated an insurrection, and stole piles of very top secret docs and blabbed about their contents to anyone who paid him a compliment.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
Also does he think fraud is when you are poor? because lieing on financial statements is literally what actual fraud is

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
It's been literally years and I don't understand how anyone can see anything he writes or listen to anything he says and take him seriously at all let alone think he's some kind of genius let alone even average in intelligence. Shit is fucking frightening anyone is for this fool. I understand there's those that know better as well as those that genuinely fall for it but it doesn't make it any less scary. Hearing the words out of his mouth even a few years ago should have been enough for any sane person to realize what's up but here we are. Wish it was more simple but unfortunately this is where we are at right now. Not really sure how to deprogram folks that buy into this bullshit but it starts by holding him and everyone aiding him accountable.

If there's anything we should all agree on it's that crimes should be punished equally and this is such a cut and dry case of complete horseshit if there ever was one. Gonna be an interesting time as we move forward... Hopefully to a much better place once we're past this. Government should be for improving everyone's lives not whatever they're doing now. Long way to go.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
It's been literally years and I don't understand how anyone can see anything he writes or listen to anything he says and take him seriously at all let alone think he's some kind of genius let alone even average in intelligence. Shit is fucking frightening anyone is for this fool. I understand there's those that know better as well as those that genuinely fall for it but it doesn't make it any less scary. Hearing the words out of his mouth even a few years ago should have been enough for any sane person to realize what's up but here we are. Wish it was more simple but unfortunately this is where we are at right now. Not really sure how to deprogram folks that buy into this bullshit but it starts by holding him and everyone aiding him accountable.

If there's anything we should all agree on it's that crimes should be punished equally and this is such a cut and dry case of complete horseshit if there ever was one. Gonna be an interesting time as we move forward... Hopefully to a much better place once we're past this. Government should be for improving everyone's lives not whatever they're doing now. Long way to go.
Reality has been broken for a lot of conservative leaning folks for at least a decade now. Fox and the other conservative outlets definitely deserve most of the blame because they give them the false window they can stare into all day while blocking out the real world. It's a really serious problem and I'm not sure how or if we can recover from it as a nation.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
He didn't want a jury because then he couldn't complain about it being a corrupt setup where he has no rights.

His legal team not checking that box was intentional.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
This clown's complaints about "election interference" are pretty rich after the events of January 6.
It's exactly because of January 6th and the reasons behind his two impeachments that he keeps defaulting to this particular terminology. Pressuring foreign powers to generate bad-faith info about your rival, and feeding bad-faith info to his own fans to intentionally stoke a physical and violent disruption of an election process. Election interference is ostensibly what he's been accused of committing, so thanks to his ever-present law of projection, everyone taking any action against him retaking the presidency must be the same thing, because he assumes by default that everyone else cheats at everything the same way he does.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Reality has been broken for a lot of conservative leaning folks for at least a decade now. Fox and the other conservative outlets definitely deserve most of the blame because they give them the false window they can stare into all day while blocking out the real world. It's a really serious problem and I'm not sure how or if we can recover from it as a nation.

For starters fox needs to be dissolved and we need to either update or better enforce "news" outlets outputting shit that can do that to people. On the TV side at least, not sure how we can handle it for the Internet but gotta start somewhere. However I'm sure even something like that, however needed, would result in some craziness too. But we have to do something, and ground people in reality more.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017

I think we'll recover but it'll likely take generations. To make far right media and, more importantly, right wing ideology irrelevant you've got to raise generations of people learning to reject it and that's incredibly difficult in a time where the wealthy and powerful will do everything to avoid that, leveraging progressively more sophisticated technology to help them.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
No right to a jury under any circumstances... other than ticking a box on a form...

I suspect he'd quickly find out how many rights he has, if he were a regular non-wealthy person who had never been Pres, and had committed decades of bank fraud and tax fraud, tried to steal an election, instigated an insurrection, and stole piles of very top secret docs and blabbed about their contents to anyone who paid him a compliment.

He didn't want a jury because then he couldn't complain about it being a corrupt setup where he has no rights.

His legal team not checking that box was intentional.

That's not what happened it seems according to the Legal Eagle video about this case (and for anyone who hasn't watched it, I highly recommend it). These kind of cases don't normally get a jury but the idea was floated that the judge would consider a jury but the defending lawyers never sent the response stating they would like a jury and when questioned they did say outright they didn't ask for one because it was pointless as they've never seen a jury be granted in that kind of case ever. But the point still remains that the lack of jury has nothing to do with the judge in this case.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

A friend of mine was murdered on Valentines day 2020. There was no real doubt about who did it. They were convicted a little over a week ago. Three years for an open and shut murder case.

Unfortunately this shit is slow, and when you are talking about a former President you can't afford to make a single mistake really. So it's very slow.