OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
Weisselberg seems to be spending a lot of time saying "I don't recall".

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
That's not what happened it seems according to the Legal Eagle video about this case (and for anyone who hasn't watched it, I highly recommend it). These kind of cases don't normally get a jury but the idea was floated that the judge would consider a jury but the defending lawyers never sent the response stating they would like a jury and when questioned they did say outright they didn't ask for one because it was pointless as they've never seen a jury be granted in that kind of case ever. But the point still remains that the lack of jury has nothing to do with the judge in this case.
I didn't say it had anything to do with the judge. I maintain that Trumps defenses did this intentionally rather than erroneously, which you just affirmed, so?

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't say it had anything to do with the judge. I maintain that Trumps defenses did this intentionally rather than erroneously, which you just affirmed, so?
I just meant it wasn't a "missed tick on a form", it's more complicated than that and yes it was intentional because it wasn't worth even trying as this kinds of cases don't usually have juries. And my judge comment was aimed at Trump, not you :)

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's sinking in that he's about to actually lose something valuable to him and the catharsis is sending me.

Take it all away from him. He deserves nothing.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
It's sinking in that he's about to actually lose something valuable to him and the catharsis is sending me.

Take it all away from him. He deserves nothing.

I'm reading Bear Head from Tchaikovsky and the sociopath politicians is 100% a stand-in for Trump. I hope the narcissist Trump gets his image as a rich business genius ruined in this tríal as well as financial ruination and he is miserable before some other decision puts hi in prison.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Can Trump just do us all a favor and speedrun this thing, FFS? Just openly call for violence against all the judges, prosecutors, witnesses, etc. Or load up his plane with cash and classified docs and attempt to flee the country. Whatever. Just get behind bars, already.

Honestly, it might be good for his health. Mine, too. Definitely good for the health of the country.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Wait isn't saying they're owned by the communist Chinese government.... libel?
Not quite. So long as it can be construed as hyperbole, an exaggeration for dramatic effect that one wouldn't expect people to actually believe, then it's fine. It's how OPed writers and political candidates get away with saying all the crazy shit they do.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Trump getting more and more unhinged and this is just going to escalate if he gets elected as president (same if he doesn't).

Trump is going to burn everything to the ground if he is president. Everyone he thinks has done him wrong, he will throw them in jail or tear the companies/corporations down in a massive fit of rage

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Why doesn't he say anything?

Could he get implicated more or isn't he already but did a deal, why do the don't recall dance, I don't get it or is it a sensible play to not muddy the waters as Trump is losing anyway?

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, he's fucked no matter what, just based on filed financial statements, so now he's probably just trying to get it over with without admitting anything.

Like, it doesn't matter if he doesn't remember filing something, if he actually did it, lol.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Why doesn't he say anything?

Could he get implicated more or isn't he already but did a deal, why do the don't recall dance, I don't get it or is it a sensible play to not muddy the waters as Trump is losing anyway?

Maybe there's a thing where he doesn't yet know what the other witnesses will be saying about him? There are about 8 Trump Org witnesses yet to come, not including the Trumps themselves, and they may well screw Weisselberg to the floor.

If they do, I'd expect him to appear again as a witness in his own defense, and maybe have recovered some of his memory by then, though the inconsistent testimony would not do a great deal for his credibility.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Is Weisselberg technically a prosecution witness, then? He's already served his five month sentence so I can't imagine he would sandbag his testimony considering the terms of his plea deal were that he'd offer testimony.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is Weisselberg technically a prosecution witness, then? He's already served his five month sentence so I can't imagine he would sandbag his testimony considering the terms of his plea deal were that he'd offer testimony.
I'm a bit confused. I thought when they offer a plea deal for testimony, they do a proffer session where he has to outline what he'd give to the prosecution. Surely it can't be just this, where he remembers nothing? I was expecting something. He did get off damn lightly.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
According to Klasfield, it's actually going to be Nicholas Haigh, former risk manager at DB. Weisselberg postponed for now. Guess it's a scheduling need rather than anything untoward.

View: https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1712096937929785459

Ah, excellent! This is the witness that Trump and his lawyers were getting all excised about during opening statements. Looking forward to it.

Wasn't expecting him to give evidence in chief though - he is only listed as a rebuttal witness. Maybe he is going rebut Weisselberg?

EDIT: Yep, looks like they are concerned about it...

View: https://twitter.com/frankrunyeon/status/1712104473475059885

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Reminder that Stormy Daniels said she spanked Trump with a Forbes magazine.
team-america-sick.gif

BradyTheGOAT

Banned
Aug 25, 2023
It's a damn shame COVID didn't get him.

I cannot imagine where his mind will be at a year from now once some of these cases bear fruit.

If Covid had taken Trump we don't get 2 months of STOP THE STEAL, no Jan 6, and we might be living in an almost entirely different world.

You had one job Covid…

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure about legal ramifications, but this is a public "HAHA HE'S POORER THAN YOU THINK" and that will eat him alive.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Presumably the Deutsche loan was then used as evidence of his inflated net worth and used as a basis to secure subsequent loans based on fraudulent valuation. But IANAL so I'm just guessing.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So to clarify, were Trump and his team afforded an actual opportunity to get a jury trial? Or was it precluded by the AG's actions?
My understanding is that the AG said "no jury" and Trump's team didn't try to go for a jury, likely because the lawyer knew it wasn't going to happen. (Which the judge has confirmed that it wouldn't have happened.) I've been puzzling over what the difference here is, and it seems like the difference is that everyone was making it out like the lawyer was inept, when in reality she just didn't pick a fight that she knew she couldn't win.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
My understanding is that the AG said "no jury" and Trump's team didn't try to go for a jury, likely because the lawyer knew it wasn't going to happen. (Which the judge has confirmed that it wouldn't have happened.) I've been puzzling over what the difference here is, and it seems like the difference is that everyone was making it out like the lawyer was inept, when in reality she just didn't pick a fight that she knew she couldn't win.

My guess is Trump went off on them.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Because people didn't know that. All they knew was that the lawyer didn't check the box and Trump complained. The rest is new information to most folks.