bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
It would be great if they just showed him a super cut of every time he contradicted himself. Show it to him and air it side by side with his face on national tv

TRIAL - Day 12, Cushman & Wakefield, Ladder Capital
OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
Day 12 summary

Witnesses
Doug Larson (ex Cushman & Wakefield real estate firm)
Jack Weisselberg (Ladder Capital, son of Allen Weisselberg)

Unrolled Dan Alexander thread here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Trial got a bit argumentative this morning. Judge admonishing Trump for making moaning noises during testimony, defense sort of accused Larson of perjury, AG put that straight on redirect but with furious objections by Kise, overruled by judge.

We're done with Larson now.

Next up is Jack Weisselberg of Ladder Capital. If the name sounds familiar, he's the son of Trump Org CFO Allen Weisselberg but also involved in lending to the Trump Org. Interesting conflicts of interest right there.

tzmshizm

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, so he can moan during testimony. It's the only sounds he can make because of that gag- I'm sorry, just threw up a little in my mouth. That mental image is horrible.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
I believe Trump was supposed to give a deposition in a different case but used this one as an excuse to skip out on it. Does anyone recall which?

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Peter Storks and Lisa Page

Yes, it was this one. But he ducked out early yesterday, I think to do the deposition. The real reason he's there this week is to attempt to intimidate Michael Cohen on the stand, but Cohen didn't show up because of illness and of course Trump wouldn't back out because that would just make it obvious.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Can anyone explain what ground rent is?
It's what Ivana is paying

giphy.gif

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Throwing away your job for Donald Trump. These people are lost.
I know we don't have the full story, but between this and what was posted previously, the read I'm getting about what happened is that Trump was moaning and grumbling and someone got fed up and "offered to assist" to try to get him to STFU. Y'know, a "can I help you?" kind of thing.

The sort of thing that would probably be acceptable with a defendant that isn't a former President.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
I know we don't have the full story, but between this and what was posted previously, the read I'm getting about what happened is that Trump was moaning and grumbling and someone got fed up and "offered to assist" to try to get him to STFU. Y'know, a "can I help you?" kind of thing.

The sort of thing that would probably be acceptable with a defendant that isn't a former President.

A court employee like this would know that the way you handle that is by passing a note up to the judge, not by walking into the well of the court and yelling.

TRIAL - Day 13, Ladder Capital, Cushman & Wakefield
OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Day 13 summary

Witnesses
Jack Weisselberg (Ladder Capital, son of Allen Weisselberg)
Dave McArdle (Cushman & Wakefield)

By my reckoning, we've now heard from 9 of the state's 27 witnesses-in-chief (plus one rebuttal witness). So we're about 1/3 of the way through the state's case.

Last edited:

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Between Jordan folding his Speaker run, Sydney Powell flipping in GA, and potential drama in this case, I do not have enough popcorn ready for this day.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
And we're done with Weisselberg the younger. No cross, but he may be recalled later by the defense.

Next up is Dave McArdle, a senior director at Cushman & Wakefield (same real estate firm Doug Larson was at).

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised trump is so litigious, tying thing up in court so much, when it's the courts that his bullshit does not work in.
I love seeing his face when a judge says "actually no, you're wrong", because in his mind, he's never wrong.
In the past he did it a lot because people he sued wouldn't be able to afford fighting him and he'd bully them into submission. That tactic obviously doesn't work here, but he's a narcissist that's had these strategies work for decades and lacks the capacity to reflect that he needs to change. So he instead believes that it must be someone else's fault his bullshit doesn't work anymore, and not the disaster of his own making that it obviously is.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
So this is likely very bad for both Weisselberg and Trump right?

Bad, but maybe not as bad as it sounds. AG concluded from Forbes reporting that Trump Org may have held stuff back from discovery, which would be very bad. But more recent Forbes reporting suggests that these may be emails and documents internal to Forbes, which Trump Org may never have had. So there may be new evidence, but maybe not evidence of contempt on the part of Trump Org.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Evidence today about the Westchester golf club. Cushman valued it at $43m (Eric wanted it significantly higher), then Trump Org went silent and never asked for the final cut of the appraisal. AG wants it in evidence, Trump Org objects, but judge lets it in.

Figures from the indictment suggest they pitched it much higher in their financial statements. Maybe up to $200m, but I can't be sure I'm looking at the right figures here (there's a difference between the golf club itself and the undeveloped land on it).

This is where having Dan Alexander in court would help, but he's taken the day off court duty to look at spreadsheets instead. The other in-court reporters don't understand the financial stuff nearly so well.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Now they're discussing the Seven Springs estate. Again it seems to be that the valuation is based, at least in part, not on what the property is currently worth, but on what it would be worth if you built nice stuff on it (and apparently ignoring the cost of building the hypothetical stuff that you haven't actually built). Plus, they inflated the prices as well.And the numbers of nice things you could build on it.

And Eric makes an appearance.

View: https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1715101156534329426

And yet again Trump Org received the draft appraisal, went quiet and never asked for the final version. They didn't want the formal appraisal on file apparently. Well, it's coming in evidence anyway guys!

Last edited:

Voidance

Oct 27, 2017
Now they're discussing the Seven Springs estate. Again it seems to be that the valuation is based, at least in part, not on what the property is currently worth, but on what it would be worth if you built nice stuff on it (and apparently ignoring the cost of building the hypothetical stuff that you haven't actually built). Plus, they inflated the prices as well.And the numbers of nice things you could build on it.

And Eric makes an appearance.

View: https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1715101156534329426

And yet again Trump Org received the draft appraisal, went quiet and never asked for the final version. They didn't want the formal appraisal on file apparently. Well, it's coming in evidence anyway guys!

If they felt the as-complete value was incorrect, they could submit support for their value to the appraiser to potentially get it revised… but that's assuming you're trying not to commit fraud.

TRIAL - Day 14, Cushman & Wakefield, Trump Org VP
OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Day 14 summary

Witnesses
Dave McArdle (Cushman & Wakefield)
Raymond Flores (ex Trump Org VP)

Also, Trump blatantly breached his gag order and was fined $5,000 with a stark warning about any further breach.

Last edited:
OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Very little questioning of McArdle, he's off the stand and we now have Raymond Flores (ex Trump Org VP of acquisitions)

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
"Take under advisement"

So nothing will be done yet again. Must be nice to be above the rules.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
"Take under advisement"

So nothing will be done yet again. Must be nice to be above the rules.

We don't know that. Judge only heard about this this morning, and taking his time over it is the right thing to do.

In other news:
- Ivanka Trump has moved to quash her witness subpoena
- there's a bunch of correspondence on the docket about the admissibilioty of some of Patrick Birney's testimony (about Trump wanted his net worth to go up)
- there's a whole load of new filings on the docket this morning from Aileen Habba. Can't see what they are yet as the underlying documents haven't hit.

Last edited: