• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Kise comes off like a complete asshole in that exchange. And the way he tried to just brush past the judge's requirements in a follow up email - Engoron has the patience of a saint.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also that they requested a delay until January 29th because of the death of Melania's mother. I got five days off work when my Mom died.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Buried in there is Trump's lawyer trying to push the closing arguments until after January 29th because Melania's mom died and Trump is too broken up about it to continue the trial.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
He's not even close with Melania, he probably couldn't have even told you her mother's name two days ago.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Yeesh Kise's response to the Judge's limitations on Trunmp's closing arguments is just petty shit.

Like he basically starts regurgitating Trump's rally shit that has zero bearing on the case. Basically Trump doesn't even have to break the limitations, his lead counsel is doing it for him!

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's the 10th January, tell him to do one. Post 29th Jan. Don't entertain that shit, it isn't even his mother either.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Most telling was the only bolded word in the whole thing when Kise acted indignant that Trump wouldn't be allowed to talk about "the plaintiff". So he basically wanted to spend the whole time whining about James.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking back at it again, I notice Kise started using capitalization towards the end of the exchange, and the thought occurred to me - I wonder if he did some of those emails on his phone, and that's when it started, because the phone does it automatically.

Oct 28, 2017
Judge: "Okay you can postpone the trial date one day for each time you have personally spoken to Melania's mother in the past 5 years."
Trump: "No fair sham trial, I loved my MIL, give me 3 weeks off!!"

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Painfully obvious that trump had ZERO fucking intention of giving his own closing statements.

Just an excuse to bitch about not being treated fairly.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Painfully obvious that trump had ZERO fucking intention of giving his own closing statements.

Just an excuse to bitch about not being treated fairly.
I disagree. The highlighting about wanting to complain about the plaintiff and Kise trying to ignore the judge's request and plainly state Trump will speak came off like it was something he was actually trying to do.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Judge Engoron knows exactly what he's doing and who he's dealing with.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting an error when trying to open this, I tried even via VPN in case it was somehow limited to IPs from the US, but no dice.
Could you post screenshots of the emails here?
I think the site is programmed to block any known VPN IP. Doesn't work for mine either.

I'm on mobile and I don't have a way to easily post screenshots.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
What kind of blows my mind is the dude is a dick to the judge even when he thinks no one is looking. Like, Trump ain't reading these emails and I assume he didn't think they would be made public so there's no one really to perform for. Yet, he's just a complete asshole towards the man deciding the case he's arguing. Makes no sense to me.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Red flag to me about Trump's attorney is him not using caps, this looks unprofessional compared to all the other emails in the loop lmao.

There's also a stark difference between the judge and prosecutors stuffing their emails with relevant case law and precedents, and Kise merely insisting on getting whatever special treatment he wants, misrepresenting the judge's words (paraphrased, "I'm glad you agree that it's best if Trump makes a statement,") claiming Trump is so devastated by his estranged trophy wife's mom's passing that they need another month to finish their homework, and throwing his trademark bitch-ass tantrums.

TRIAL - Day 45, CLOSING ARGUMENTS
OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
With a surprise appearance by Donald J Trump. A surprise even to the Judge.

Schedule
10:00 Courtroom opens
10:15-12:45 defense case
2:15-4:30 state's case

Unrolled thread from Jose Pagliery.

I imagine we will get a full transcript posted to the docket before the final judgment hits.

Last edited:

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
So given the absurdity of those emails from Kise I assume he will definitely be giving a baseless campaign stump speech in lieu of Trump for his closing arguments today. It's clear the dude has no interest whatsoever in arguing any actual evidence apart from the disinformation about the valuation of MAL. How long are we expecting the Judge to take to deliberate and release his decision?

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
So 1 hour until kise gives a Trump stump speech?
So given the absurdity of those emails from Kise I assume he will definitely be giving a baseless campaign stump speech in lieu of Trump for his closing arguments today.
He can try, but Engoron made clear in the email chain that the "limitations" that Trump would have had to agree to to be allowed to speak apply also to anyone making closing arguments, i.e. also his lawyer (and the plaintiff too).
So I'd expect him to be shut up pretty fast if he tries that.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
The best thing Engoron could do is ignore it, especially in the courtroom. Just keep going like nothing happened. That will piss them off way more.

JediMasterMatt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
By chance was the threat all in lower case?

*For those that don't get this - be sure to read the email exchange from yesterday. <chef's kiss>

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Well your ace attorney check the box for no jury.
edgeworthtalkativeness.png

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
This is playing out like a bad cover version of Kise's greatest hits.

- not one witness said there was fraud
- nobody complained
- statute of limitations
- unfair trial
- no evidence of intent
- blame Donald Bender
- entitled to value Mar-a-Lago as a residence, there's nothing to prohibit it
- disclaimer clause
- Cohen is a liar
- Blame Sneddon for the Trump Tower square footage 'error'

... which I guess is what a closing argument is supposed to be. So that's alright then.