Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
Just random speculation, oerhaps "Super Donkey" was a game featuring Donkey Kong as the villain, and it had to be completely reworked into Yoshi's Island when Donkey Kong Country came along.

OP
OP
Lady Bow

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
jTWqsNb.png

Mar 9, 2018
AIRPLANE LAKITU??????????????????????????? Nintendo could still publish a book on all this stuff. And people would buy it.

Also. ALERT: Someone needs to CTRL F for the original DONKEY KONG COUNTRY CGI FILES. Now is our chance, disciples.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Man this is fascinating! Love seeing all these treasures.

Stanley lives!

(these are just normal Stanley pics, not from leaks)
QGqSzm1.jpg

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
This is really cool. Tons of cool stuff. Curious what people will dig up.

Companies should just make everything open source after a certain date passes.

mntorankusu

Nov 13, 2017
AIRPLANE LAKITU??????????????????????????? Nintendo could still publish a book on all this stuff. And people would buy it.

Also. ALERT: Someone needs to CTRL F for the original DONKEY KONG COUNTRY CGI FILES. Now is our chance, disciples.
I was hoping that the Super Mario RPG models would be in there but it seems to be that there's not actually any source or asset files for SMRPG, just game binaries.

Mar 9, 2018
So in the beta, Castle 1-4 is NOT Burt the Bashful, but based on a Cheep Cheep originally.

That confirms that nudism was a last minute addition to Yoshi's Island, most likely added in to compete with DKC (Klump).

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm convinced this Super Donkey was some new or Donkey Kong-adjacent IP they were developing out of placeholder assets and code from SMW before they decided it would be more marketable with Yoshi. That's why 90% of the characters in the final game are completely out of line with Mario's overall character design style.

Nintendo's done that with a few games. Doki Doki Panic became SMB2 in the west, Kirby's Dream Course began as a surreal golf game, Smash Bros. was an unrelated polygon fighting game, etc.

The maniacs, they found it! THIS has been something I've wanted to see for something like 20 years now.

Byakko

Oct 1, 2019
So looking at some of the files I noticed that there's a rar/folder called "Iqgba" which is then followed by iQue-GBA (the mmo people) to cvs to rom and found a bunch of gba roms but they don't seem to work on their won and may need some sort of outside tool to patch to work. Some of these roms are Mario kart super circuit, Advance wars, "Dokodemo Taikyoku - Yakuman Advance", advance wars 2, f-zero - gp legend, Kirby & the amazing mirror, "Donkey Kong - King of Swing"