• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maliq

Oct 26, 2017
I was reading that New Yorker article on Soleimani and the part that the US Gen mentions they were really close to actual negotiations with Soleimani, but Bush ruined everything with just one speech was really painful to read.
Stupid individuals ruining the world

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Some videos from Soleimani's funeral in Tehran.

As I said before, Trump gave the best prize to regime with killing Soleimani. There were millions of people in the Tehran funeral and tens of thousands in other cities. And I know some people who went to a funeral like this for the first time of their lives. They even don't like regime but wanted to be there, because they saw that terror like a threat to country, not just regime.
Trump gave Iran's regime a new life and a great fuel to its propaganda machine and they should really thank him for this.

Was this motherfucker the pope? Jesus christ.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well outposts really, but fully fortified and operational. US left them behind when they basically ran out of Northern Syria, Russians took them over.
The US is still deployed in Northern Syria, and it was mostly Turkish forces that moved into that small buffer zone Trump cleared for them so they can fuck Syrian refugees more.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
What sovereignty are you even talking about? This is a country that's ruled by Iran.

Well obviously Iraq's sovereignty is the one being tried here. The US launched an air strike on their land without their blessing. What comes next should be determined by the Iraqi people and government. While a retaliation strike is obviously not something the US is going to tolerate, termination of the US presence there is a totally valid response.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Why, every time something goes wrong, is it the Republicans who are behind it?

They are the Harry, Ron and Hermione of screwing up.

Deleted member 26398

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think its just the Marines that are leaving. The ones that have come in the past few days and not the forces that were in Iraq before.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say it again - Iran would be smart to take this as a W, and not do anything stupid in terms of retaliation.
i imagine its not that simple, probably soleimani supporters will get pissed with nothing and could rebel against the government, and since the government loved the dude i dont think thats a likely scenario.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming US forces will probably move out of Iraq and will be redistributed to either Kuwait or Saudi Arabia.

32X4LYF

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
He was very popular in Iran and people generally tend to rally around someone who get killed like that.

I think it is more accurate to say he was very popular amongst Shia muslims in Iran. The reaction of his death from Sunni muslims has been far different. And the world over for that matter. He was a major player in uniting Shia muslims and their hatred for the west. Specifically the U.S.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
The letter speaks of coalition forces so it's the guys who have been fighting ISIS

They suspended anti ISIS operations over the weekend because they anticipate an Iranian retaliation and are moving those forces for that. Iran doesn't even have to do anything the Americans are so spooked they are running around paranoid. Iran's already begun a disinformation fear campaign all over social media too. Pretty all they have to do now is troll the Americans and have them trip all over themselves.

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
US reportedly sending 6 B-52s (long range strategic bomber) to Diego Garcia (British island far off the coast of India) to be used against Iran if ordered

Pentagon to begin sending 6 B-52s to Diego Garcia: US official. B-52s will be available for operations against Iran if ordered, the official said. But the deployment does not signal that operations have been ordered.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it is more accurate to say he was very popular amongst Shia muslims in Iran. The reaction of his death from Sunni muslims has been far different. And the world over for that matter. He was a major player in uniting Shia muslims and their hatred for the west. Specifically the U.S.
Iran is over 90% Shia, so anyone who is very popular with them is by definition popular in Iran, no?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
US reportedly sending 6 B-52s (long range strategic bomber) to Diego Garcia (British island far off the coast of India) to be used against Iran if ordered

Doesn't mean much. Bombers were moved out as a show of force against Iran last year.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Are you serious? Did you forget about 2003? an illegal war happened. Leading to a civil war with more than 200.000 dead.

AND THE US IS STILL THERE.

The country has been under occupation for more than fifteen years by the west. Iran has been trying to get some control since a few years and now It's suddenly a bad thing?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Saint's beef with Iran has something to do with him being sunni and Iranians being shiaa.

Come on bro, put aside the religious goggles. Iraq(and Iran for that matter) is where it is at thanks to the US meddling.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
6 B-52 would be easy to shoot down, so it's for show. They're ancient planes vulnerable to everything.

edit: I mean I suppose Trump might just send them in alone.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Saint's beef with Iran has something to do with him being sunni and Iranians being shiaa.

Come on bro, put aside the religious goggles. Iraq(and Iran for that matter) is where it is at thanks to the US meddling.
TBH the beef between all different sects is understandable and perhaps deserved after all the secterian wars. Somebody has to somehow stop the cycle of violence and I don't know how. I fear it's long time away.

Edit:typo.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
6 B-52 would be easy to shoot down, so it's for show. They're ancient planes vulnerable to everything.

Usually, first cruise missiles roll in and after that B-52s bomb defenseless targets. Plus, today's B-52s are not Vietnam war B-52s, they have been vastly upgraded.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Exactly, if Turd was serious it would be the B-2, but you don't typically announce stealth missions

Also if they really wanted to use B-52's, they arm them with cruise missiles, which would allow the B-52 to be used while being relatively safe.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
B-52s are antiques from the 50s. They work well against less sophisticated defenseless areas. Stuff like ISIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.