Status
Not open for further replies.

BronzeWolf

Nov 3, 2017
Mexico

tumblr_mdpcd1BKZ81ritteso1_500.gif

Oct 27, 2017
"We have to kowtow to Russia to solve the problem in Ukraine which is that Russia invaded Ukraine".

Right? Even if I took him at his word that these are the reasons he's so nice to Putin, he's basically admitting that they can walk over us and we will take it, because we "need" them. He's basically positioning America as Russia's doormat.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-...zed-criminal-probe-sessions/story?id=53914006
EXCLUSIVE: Fired FBI official authorized criminal probe of Sessions, sources say

Nearly a year before Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired senior FBI official Andrew McCabe for what Sessions called a "lack of candor," McCabe oversaw a federal criminal investigation into whether Sessions lacked candor when testifying before Congress about contacts with Russian operatives, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Democratic lawmakers have repeatedly accused Sessions of misleading them in congressional testimony and called on federal authorities to investigate, but McCabe's previously-unreported decision to actually put the attorney general in the crosshairs of an FBI probe was an exceptional move.

One source told ABC News that Sessions was not aware of the investigation when he decided to fire McCabe last Friday less than 48 hours before McCabe, a former FBI deputy director, was due to retire from government and obtain a full pension, but an attorney representing Sessions declined to confirm that.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for Sessions being investigated but....is this Trump's opportunity to fire Sessions and get someone in there to undermine Mueller's investigation? :/

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
read the lede, folks. yes this is big news but one didn't lead directly to the other.

Nearly a year before Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired senior FBI official Andrew McCabe for what Sessions called a "lack of candor," McCabe oversaw a federal criminal investigation into whether Sessions lacked candor when testifying before Congress about contacts with Russian operatives, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Oct 25, 2017
So I know this isn't US politics related but am I crazy or does it seem like Russia is right now focusing on trying to help conservatives win in Canada?

Like there sure have seemed to be a lot of stories obsessed about trashing Trudea partly through misinformation.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
So I know this isn't US politics related but am I crazy or does it seem like Russia is right now focusing on trying to help conservatives win in Canada?

Like there sure have seemed to be a lot of stories obsessed about trashing Trudea partly through misinformation.

Russia is trying to destroy democracy and plant Right wing crazies into positions of power that will either agree with them or flat out serve them (like Trump for example)

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

I have been paying attention to other country elections especially at mid level and no you are not crazy. There is a giant conservative/authoritarian push that is anti basic democracy across the world and all of it stems from the same stuff we have been seeing in the Western nations with propaganda at the center.

What is fascinating is that these pushes are low fund and little to loose. Even if the candidates loose the ideas are planted and given time they will spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.