Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sooner or later the world has got to kill the Russian economy, and hope the populace realizes they can't keep going in this direction, or he's going to keep doing this shit forever. He can't fix Russia, so he's simply breaking everything else to maintain "balance."

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
See chatter the omnibus gets rid of the DIckey amendment and the CDC can research gun violence.

Major Breakthrough: It appears #Omnibus will make it clear CDC can research gun violence - something I'm proud to have led the fight on & worked w/House leaders to get done. It's a victory for our country & children. Our work to stop gun violence will continue. #DickeyAmendment

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
LOL at "Growing interest." If they haven't been investigating this up to this point, I have no hope for that entire investigation.

I'm fairly certain this is one of the reasons no republicans step up to defend Mueller, though.

It did worry me that it was rumored there wasn't much interest in Bannon until fire and fury came out. If CA is currently mass shredding their documents it certainly doesn't follow that Mueller has put any pressure on them up until now.

Oct 25, 2017
No I know that Russia is doing this world wide.

I just mean it seems that RIGHT NOW their focus is on influencing Canadian politics.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Sessions has been publically humiliated by Trump for months yet still pushed McCabe out days before retirement knowing he was already under investigation. Guy is seemingly a glutton for punishment and a complete moron without of single shred of self-respect.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Must be me, but this looks like shitty reporting from ABC:

By then, Sessions had recused himself from the FBI's probe of Russia's meddling in the 2016 presidential election, giving Rosenstein oversight of the growing effort.

Within weeks, Rosenstein appointed special counsel Robert Mueller to take over the investigation and related inquiries, including the Sessions matter.

Two months ago, Sessions was interviewed by Mueller's team, and the federal inquiry related to his candor during his confirmation process has since been shuttered, according to a lawyer representing Sessions.

"The Special Counsel's office has informed me that after interviewing the attorney general and conducting additional investigation, the attorney general is not under investigation for false statements or perjury in his confirmation hearing testimony and related written submissions to Congress," attorney Chuck Cooper told ABC News on Wednesday.

How is there obstruction?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The NRA must be shook if they ok'd that. I saw this morning that their approval is underwater for the first time in a long while.
There's a lot of non-CDC gun violence studies, they're just taking out a talking point.
Must be me, but this looks like shitty reporting from ABC:

How is there obstruction?
It's at the least retaliatory. I open a investigation into my boss. My boss fires me 2 days before retirement.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Cambridge Analytica has always been super skeevy. Why is this something that they're only just now looking into? It should have been under investigation from day 1.

He's been looking into it for months. Jared Kushner was the point man in the Trump campaign when it came to their online campaign, and Mueller stocked up on Cyber Crimes experts like 9 months ago with a bunch of stories indicating he was investigating Cambridge.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
CDC allowing for research isn't something I'm going to laud as much as a common sense expectation we should have had in place fucking ages ago. The fact that the ban on research for it stood so long is indicative of how fucking foul the conversation was. We're fucking well behind the times here, there didn't need to be a mountain of dead kids for this to come to pass.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ABC saying its been weeks where Mueller has been looking at CA is good news, plus reporting is always way behind on these things. Means they were made aware and given time before rats fled and destroyed everything.

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
"PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH!"

Jfc, he's like a super villain.
Saturday morning cartoon villain, actually.

Transformer-Inspired-6.jpg

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
It's at the least retaliatory. I open a investigation into my boss. My boss fires me 2 days before retirement.
I agree it's a major ethics problem, it was very scumbag of him to even take part in the decision, but it's not obstruction of justice.
You do get the impression it's obstruction if you just read the title.

Oct 25, 2017
ABC saying its been weeks where Mueller has been looking at CA is good news, plus reporting is always way behind on these things. Means they were made aware and given time before rats fled and destroyed everything.
I don't think they destroyed everything. I think they're trying to shuffle the deck and start over with a new game, in a new town. But they got fooled and outed by prior players who weren't properly vetted. I think Mueller may have other players, up to and including prior dealers, up his sleeve.

Oct 30, 2017
He's been looking into it for months. Jared Kushner was the point man in the Trump campaign when it came to their online campaign, and Mueller stocked up on Cyber Crimes experts like 9 months ago with a bunch of stories indicating he was investigating Cambridge.

I sure hope you're right. Their staff openly moving and likely destroying evidence yesterday didn't bode too well though.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
That statement in the article is sourced from a reply from Session's lawyer. Also, Mueller and federal inquiry are not the same thing.
The article clearly states that Mueller took over the investigation. Is there another investigation?

As of right now there's no reason to believe his attorney is lying about the conclusion of the investigation. I can't imagine Mueller charging Sessions either (and Rosenstein being ok with it)

Oh ok, now it's clear:

Last edited:

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City

Uhm hold up Russia is the problem with Ukraine you fuck.

Ok this is a bit conspiracy theory (Ok full conspiracy theory) but

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ear_experience_advice_for_reagan_in_1987.html

His plan back in 1987 was the US and Russia would basically threaten the whole world with their nukes and run the world together that way....... and I still think the idiot wants that and I'm scared he's so desperate to show it works he'll start with Iran in a few weeks.

Also Russia is the problem in Ukraine but that is another topic

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of big news but also happening in PA:

Sam Levine‏Verified account @srl 3m3 minutes ago
PA State Rep. Cris Dush, who is leading call for impeachment of four Democratic Supreme Court justices, says he has assurances from PA House Speaker and chair of state government committee that they will allow a vote on legislation

The GOP are trying to move forward with impeaching the PA Supreme Court justices who ruled on the gerrymandered maps (the Democratic judges).

Oct 30, 2017
Ok this is a bit conspiracy theory (Ok full conspiracy theory) but

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ear_experience_advice_for_reagan_in_1987.html

His plan back in 1987 was the US and Russia would basically threaten the whole world with their nukes and run the world together that way....... and I still think the idiot wants that and I'm scared he's so desperate to show it works he'll start with Iran in a few weeks.

Also Russia is the problem in Ukraine but that is another topic
Considering his economic ideas and beliefs are stuck in the 80's, you're probably right.

Oct 27, 2017
The article clearly states that Mueller took over the investigation. Is there another investigation?

As of right now there's no reason to believe his attorney is lying about the conclusion of the investigation. I can't imagine Mueller charging Sessions either (and Rosenstein being ok with it)

I'm not saying his lawyer is lying, I'm just saying that's where the info is coming from.

The federal inquiry over Sessions' candor has been shuttered because Mueller took it over. That's the lawyer trying to make it sound like Sessions was cleared already.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Lots of big news but also happening in PA:

The GOP are trying to move forward with impeaching the PA Supreme Court justices who ruled on the gerrymandered maps (the Democratic judges).

This should set off alarm bells for the Supreme Court. If they don't see the writing on the wall with regards to how much out of control partisanship is harming the country (and now the independence of the judiciary) there is no hope left. I want to see a 7-2 ruling against partisan gerrymandering this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.